The Student Room Group

Skins

Scroll to see replies

Skins just gets worse and worse with every episode, its quite funny really.
Tbf, much of the first two series was pretty unbelievable. The whole mad twatter thing, them all surviving driving a car into a lake (and having no consequences of that), a teacher randomly letting a bunch of students live in her flat etc etc.
Frankie has recently become really bloody sexy
I just watched the latest episode. I can't take Franky seriously at all, I keep laughing at her :rofl:
Original post by tillytots
wtf where did the random nick/frankie bit come along?

That's what I was wondering too. Someone on Tumblr yesterday said that it doesn't come out of nowhere, and that the buildup of Nick liking Franky apparently begins in a previous episode. I can't remember which one they said, I think it might have been Nick's episode in Series 5. I haven't bothered to rewatch to check though.
Reply 1585
I just miss the cast from season 1! Especially Maxxie (Mitch Hewer) he was yum! :P
If they're really looking for teenage similarities, albeit very over exaggerated (it is television dahhhhling) they should be looking to The Inbetweeners more I think.
Rewatching series 1-4.
Seriously. The Freddie's episode of series 4 (where he and effy and the <not going to spoil it for others>. Its the most well done piece of emotional battery I've seen in years. :P
Original post by Hazzabanana
Rewatching series 1-4.
Seriously. The Freddie's episode of series 4 (where he and effy and the &lt;not going to spoil it for others&gt;. Its the most well done piece of emotional battery I've seen in years. :P

Is this a pun? :teehee:
I hate Frankie. She's so whiny and and makes so many stupid decisions.
Reply 1590
Original post by EffieFlowers
Me too, she's gone from being all androgynous and 'obscure' to all fashionaly alternative yet girly. :rolleyes:

And I'm watching series 2 again at the moment, and it's just so amazing in comparison, the characters actually seem like real people.

Gotta love Sid.

i've restarted, watching season 1 to 4 :smile:
It's bringing back memories, especially Kenneth :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 1591
ahhh and that Luke actor's decent, they kinda managed to half pull-off the idea that he is a bit of a thug, but for the whole episode I was just thinking how cool it would be if Cook played the character of Luke. It would have been perfect, especially when they were watching TV!!
Anyone know what that guy's ring-tone is from the beginning of episode 2? I think he was speaking to a Grace.
It's Mini on Monday. Not going to give much away but according to Wikipedia, the episode before the series finalé this year is called;

Spoiler

, which suggests to me that

Spoiler

. BTW I doubt that

Spoiler

. Hope we see more of Rich soon too. It's weird watching Alo without him. It's like having Dec without Ant, or bread but no butter. They need to get back together soon. Their friendship was good.
Skins is literally the biggest pile of ****e ever.
So much unnecessary swearing which just makes all of the characters so un likeable.
Original post by Ascendansy
Anyone know what that guy's ring-tone is from the beginning of episode 2? I think he was speaking to a Grace.

Best way to find out is watch the episode on 4OD WITH the subtitles on.
Original post by dooglesballsack
Skins is literally the biggest pile of ****e ever.
So much unnecessary swearing which just makes all of the characters so un likeable.

Hypocrisy much?
Could you not have said "rubbish" or "excrement", for example?
I did, doesn't say anything. Was hoping someone on here would know. =p
Original post by ScheduleII
Hypocrisy much?
Could you not have said "rubbish" or "excrement", for example?

It's not hypocrisy because I am not a fictional character on television.
And the swearing was completely necessary because it is an accurate description of the program.
Original post by Ascendansy

Fur Elise i believe

Quick Reply

Latest