The Student Room Group

The Legend of Zelda Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Einheri
Nice. But why were the Zora and Gorons fighting eachother in that video?

"It's called Hyrule: Total War and brings twenty factions to the battlefield, from the obvious (Hylians, Gerudo, Gorons) to the not-so-obvious (Ordonians, Deku). It'll have a campaign, a new map and even a story—one in which Link flees back in time, causing some kind of rift that has the races of Hyrule fighting it out for supremacy."
Reply 781
Pity it's fan made, would be sooooo cool.
Original post by Hylean
Pity it's fan made, would be sooooo cool.

It is being made though. As a mod for Medieval 2: Total War, so we can at least play it.

Assuming Nintendo don't tell them to trash it.
Reply 783
Original post by cambo211
It is being made though. As a mod for Medieval 2: Total War, so we can at least play it.

Assuming Nintendo don't tell them to trash it.

They might. Nintendo are very protective of Zelda and their other flagship titles.
Original post by Hylean
They might. Nintendo are very protective of Zelda and their other flagship titles.

Saying that, their is an insane amount of Mario flash games and mods that Nintendo don't seem to give a damn about.

Fingers crossed.
Reply 785
Original post by cambo211
Saying that, their is an insane amount of Mario flash games and mods that Nintendo don't seem to give a damn about.

Fingers crossed.

I guess it depends on how much of a fuss gets made, really. Sort of looks like they're stretching the mythology a bit thin to keep the number of playable sides up. Like seriously, an army of spiders? :p:
I pretty much failed my A-Levels in 1999 because of Ocarina of Time on the N64.

And I wouldn't change it for the world. I still never found all the Golden Skulltula.. Ahh memories.
Reply 787
Original post by Leeshieus
I pretty much failed my A-Levels in 1999 because of Ocarina of Time on the N64.

And I wouldn't change it for the world. I still never found all the Golden Skulltula.. Ahh memories.

Did you play the Song of Storms by the tree in the Hyrule Castle area? There's one down there.:rolleyes:
Yep! I think I missed one or two in some of the dungeons in the second part of the game, possibly because I was being chased or there was a time limit.

Best. Game. Ever.
Reply 789

Found this on deviantart by a Lord Phillock, all rights are his, etc.

Concept art for a fan remake of the Wand of Gamelon.
Reply 790
http://wii.ign.com/articles/120/1200232p1.html

New race and a brand new area. :beard:

Some other details that Nintendo have just released.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/120/1200074p1.html

And some details about our new birdy.
(edited 12 years ago)
I loved re playing ocarina on 3ds. I got the first 2 nes zeldas as part of the ambassador program, downloaded links awakening for a fiver and theyre giving 4 swords away free, too.
Reply 792
Original post by Hylean
http://wii.ign.com/articles/120/1200232p1.html

New race and a brand new area. :beard:

Some other details that Nintendo have just released.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/120/1200074p1.html

And some details about our new birdy.

Sounds awesome. Reading the second article it states that you come across blue blocks that have what appears to be the Hylian Crest on it minus the triforce. Do you think the trifroce has not yet been created?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by GQ.
Sounds awesome. Reading the second article it states that you come across blue blocks that have what appears to be the Hylian Crest on it minus the triforce. Do you think the trifroce has not yet been created?

cant be without deviating from ocarinas story which say the triforce is what the gods left behind when they created the world. Before the people of hyrule found it perhaps.
Reply 794
Original post by GQ.

Original post by Akuma
cant be without deviating from ocarinas story which say the triforce is what the gods left behind when they created the world. Before the people of hyrule found it perhaps.

Well, given the Hylian Royal Family doesn't exist at this point, I'm not really sure. It has to exist, like Akuma says, but like, does the Sacred Realm or anything exist right now? I'm not so sure, given where we are meant to be in the backstory. SO much speculation, they should just release the game now. :colonhash:
Reply 795
Original post by Akuma

Original post by Hylean
Well, given the Hylian Royal Family doesn't exist at this point, I'm not really sure. It has to exist, like Akuma says, but like, does the Sacred Realm or anything exist right now? I'm not so sure, given where we are meant to be in the backstory. SO much speculation, they should just release the game now. :colonhash:

Don't think I phrased it properly. Sure it exists. But the triforce hasn't blessed its powers on Link, Zelda and Ganondorf yet right? We always see those three with the emblem on their hands so maybe this is the story of how that happens?
Reply 796
Original post by GQ.
Don't think I phrased it properly. Sure it exists. But the triforce hasn't blessed its powers on Link, Zelda and Ganondorf yet right? We always see those three with the emblem on their hands so maybe this is the story of how that happens?

Oh definitely, I still stick by the part of my theory that has Link and Zelda becoming so closely tied together because of the events in this game and their feelings for each other.
Perhaps its a race to find it before gannon does. In ocarina it was originally to be found in zoras domain but they had to change it to fit it onto the cartridge. The entrance to the area where it was going to be is still there under the water. Perhaps theyre going to use elements of the original ocarina story.

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 798
Original post by Akuma
Perhaps its a race to find it before gannon does. In ocarina it was originally to be found in zoras domain but they had to change it to fit it onto the cartridge. The entrance to the area where it was going to be is still there under the water. Perhaps theyre going to use elements of the original ocarina story.

Source? :beard:
Original post by Hylean
Source? :beard:

Cartridge size thing: http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Ura_Zelda

http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Unicorn_Fountain

the 64dd was nintendo realising theyd messed up with the tiny cartridges while sony were using cds.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest