The Student Room Group

The Legend of Zelda Society

Scroll to see replies

Anti Nintendo bias. :angry:
Reply 981
Original post by Illusionary
Also, here's IGN's 10.0 video review :biggrin:

How it gets a 10 without voice acting and worse graphics than Skyrim is beyond me.
Original post by pnorm
How it gets a 10 without voice acting and worse graphics than Skyrim is beyond me.

Because, you know, great graphics and voice acting is exactly what every Zelda fan wants... :colonhash:
Reply 983
Original post by pnorm

You haven't played it yet so you can't judge it.
:zomg: :zomg: "Order despatched" :zomg: :zomg:

:jive: I just slightly love Zavvi right now! :biggrin:
Original post by pnorm

The beauty of Zelda is that there isn't any real voice acting; the day Nintendo gave Link a spoken voice would be a very bad one indeed and I think many fans would never forgive them for doing so.
Reply 986
Original post by Illusionary
:zomg: :zomg: "Order despatched" :zomg: :zomg:

:jive: I just slightly love Zavvi right now! :biggrin:

O_o nice :P I hope ShopTo dispatch mine soon
(edited 12 years ago)
Item not yet dispatched :emo: stupid amazon
I think my bro has placed a preorder for me as a late birthday present, well lets hope so anyway!

Slightly off topic here, but the Minish Cap title screen jingle is the best thing ever and is now my new text message sound :biggrin:
Reply 989
Original post by RightSaidJames
The beauty of Zelda is that there isn't any real voice acting; the day Nintendo gave Link a spoken voice would be a very bad one indeed and I think many fans would never forgive them for doing so.

I just don't understand why Skyrim got a 9.5, who cares about bugs, it's the closest game to a perfect free roaming fantasy game there is.
well i have SS on my wii right now< am i the first here to get and if so what do i win?
Reply 991
Original post by cpdavis
Item not yet dispatched :emo: stupid amazon

Hey! At least you're in the UK! I have to wait for it to be dispatched from Amazon then make it through Icelandic customs.

Original post by pnorm
I just don't understand why Skyrim got a 9.5, who cares about bugs, it's the closest game to a perfect free roaming fantasy game there is.

Because the reviewers felt that many of the bugs were something Bethesda could have avoided easily, if they'd bothered, and having your game freeze at inopportune points is not a good thing. Bethesda rely on their fanbase to do their job for them whilst Nintendo craft amazing games and spend ages making sure they are as bugless as possible.
Original post by pnorm

Because it's not Zelda? :P
I've received a preorder notice from game as of about half an hour ago, so it should be dispatched a little later today/this evening or tomorrow - which is very awesome.

Plus, look at how well the series how done so far without it - I really don't think it needs it.
Reply 995
I wonder if the music in the game will match some of the finest that we've heard in recent Zelda games, such as the really beautiful Lake Hylia music in TP or even the opening scene's theme in OOT. True classics and i hope SS is no different in its offering of audio quality, though i'm sure it wont be.

Thankfully my bet was changed and i can get this on friday, i don't know about anyone else but there's no way i'm rushing this, i know some people blitz through the game in days but i want to savour every moment.
Original post by pnorm

Skyrim is a brilliant game, but Skyward Sword will be really good too. Given the graphical limitations of the Wii, Zelda's graphics are good.

Obviously Link having a spoken voice would be bad, but that doesn't mean that NPCs shouldn't have voice acting. It should be like Skyrim - main character is silent, everyone else speaks.
Original post by damos92
I wonder if the music in the game will match some of the finest that we've heard in recent Zelda games, such as the really beautiful Lake Hylia music in TP or even the opening scene's theme in OOT. True classics and i hope SS is no different in its offering of audio quality, though i'm sure it wont be.

Thankfully my bet was changed and i can get this on friday, i don't know about anyone else but there's no way i'm rushing this, i know some people blitz through the game in days but i want to savour every moment.

Yeah zeldas arent for rushing. Only time I did was ocarina on 3ds cos I never completed mster quest and wanted to unlock it so i could complete is properly with skulltullas and everything.
Original post by Super Cicero
Obviously Link having a spoken voice would be bad, but that doesn't mean that NPCs shouldn't have voice acting. It should be like Skyrim - main character is silent, everyone else speaks.

Nope, that would be bad too - the beauty of Zelda is that you can imagine your own voices for each of the characters, just like in a novel!
Reply 999
Order dispatched. :woo:

Quick Reply

Latest