The Student Room Group

The Legend of Zelda Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1740
Original post by Hylean
It was easy enough. Hero Mode is harder, by virtue of losing 2x your life with each hit.

Still probably my favourite in the series, though I need to replay MM before I decide.

Currently doing a run-through of TP. It's messing with my head. I couldn't find my Wii version so am playing the GC version. The mirroring of the map means I keep on turning into walls.

Not my favourite, I'll never replay it, I've replayed Ocarina of Time dozens of times and still play it on an emulator on my phone sometimes

I loved twilight princess, is the best Zelda on Wii IMO
Reply 1741
Original post by TotoMimo
Though the cube version is the "true" original version; they flipped it for the right-handed wiimote-swinging Link. Link is a leftie :biggrin:

Technically, Link is whatever the designers want him to be, which is a rightie from now on. :p:

I already knew they flipped it. It's just head-melting.
Original post by a_t
still play it on an emulator on my phone sometimes

How are you finding that? Was considering Jail breaking just to play MM on my Iphone..
Reply 1743
I have the GC Collector's Disc, so I can play MM whenever I want. :proud:
Reply 1744
Original post by Hal.E.Lujah
How are you finding that? Was considering Jail breaking just to play MM on my Iphone..

It works great, I've got an android so no need to jailbreak, but I've got all the n64 and ps1 games I could ever want, completed FF7 in just under a month on the daily commute too, in Lord Jabu Jabus belly on OoT atm
Reply 1745
Original post by a_t
It works great, I've got an android so no need to jailbreak, but I've got all the n64 and ps1 games I could ever want, completed FF7 in just under a month on the daily commute too, in Lord Jabu Jabus belly on OoT atm

I do agree that TP is better than OoT, I love TP, but there is something about SS that was just so fun. But different strokes for different folks. :biggrin:
Original post by Hylean
I have the GC Collector's Disc, so I can play MM whenever I want. :proud:

:ditto: One of the best GC purchases I ever made :biggrin: (even if I have just sold my old Gamecube :o:)
Reply 1747
Original post by Illusionary
:ditto: One of the best GC purchases I ever made :biggrin: (even if I have just sold my old Gamecube :o:)

Do what I am: get the Wii U and just bump everything up a console. My Wii is now becoming my GC and my Wii U will work as a Wii and Wii U. :biggrin:

It is a great disc. I found it in an used section at Game and bought it without a second's hesitation. It was the only way I was ever going to get it for a reasonable price.

Just about to enter the second dungeon in TP. If I remember right, it's a fun dungeon.
Original post by Hylean
Do what I am: get the Wii U and just bump everything up a console. My Wii is now becoming my GC and my Wii U will work as a Wii and Wii U. :biggrin:

It is a great disc. I found it in an used section at Game and bought it without a second's hesitation. It was the only way I was ever going to get it for a reasonable price.

Just about to enter the second dungeon in TP. If I remember right, it's a fun dungeon.

Indeed... for now at least I still have my Wii (though haven't used it in a while). There's little about the Wii U to tempt me right now, though. :no:
Reply 1749
Indeed... for now at least I still have my Wii (though haven't used it in a while). There's little about the Wii U to tempt me right now, though. :no:

Well then just use your Wii for GC games anyway. :yep:

At some point, I will play LoZ and AoL.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Hylean
At some point, I will play LoZ and LA.
You mean that you haven't yet? :eek: Definitely do so asap!
Reply 1751

I have, ish, just never completed them.
Reply 1752
Original post by Hylean
Well then just use your Wii for GC games anyway. :yep:

At some point, I will play LoZ and LA.

Do gamecube games work in a wii?
I just picked up spirit tracks again last night after not having time to play for months on end, and came across this thread this morning, how amusing. :p:

Just defeated Fraaz. Should really be doing my quantum seminars but never mind that, Zelda awaits. :biggrin:

Original post by a_t

Yes I believe they do - mine do anyway. :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1754
Original post by a_t

They do indeed. The top of the Wii should have two flaps, one for the memory cards and one for four GC controllers.

Original post by siani-chan
I just picked up spirit tracks again last night after not having time to play for months on end, and came across this thread this morning, how amusing. :p:

Just defeated Fraaz. Should really be doing my quantum seminars but never mind that, Zelda awaits. :biggrin:

Yes I believe they do - mine do anyway. :smile:

Good stuff!

You know, it's only after playing SS that I understand some of the symbolism in the final boss of ST.
Hey guys :smile: I love Legend of Zelda games. I must admit I haven't played all of the games though but the ones I have played (OoT, MM, WW, TP, SS) I have loved! I really want to get round to playing more and I'm partway through Phantom Hourglass. I also have Spirit Tracks which I plan on playing after I've finished PH.
Does anyone have any recommendations to which I should play after that? Which ones are a must play?
Original post by Hylean
Good stuff!

You know, it's only after playing SS that I understand some of the symbolism in the final boss of ST.

Ah, I don't own SS yet but thank you, I shall keep that in mind. :h: I can't really remember what I'm supposed to be doing in this game so I'm going to have to look up a walkthrough, I'm so ashamed. :redface:
Reply 1757
Original post by Hylean
They do indeed. The top of the Wii should have two flaps, one for the memory cards and one for four GC controllers.

Good stuff!

Never knew! I never had a gamecube, gonna look on ebay for a copy of wind waker, any other recommendations for GC games?
Reply 1758
Original post by waterlilyy
Hey guys :smile: I love Legend of Zelda games. I must admit I haven't played all of the games though but the ones I have played (OoT, MM, WW, TP, SS) I have loved! I really want to get round to playing more and I'm partway through Phantom Hourglass. I also have Spirit Tracks which I plan on playing after I've finished PH.
Does anyone have any recommendations to which I should play after that? Which ones are a must play?

Let's see that leaves you: LoZ, AoL, LA, LttP, OoS and OoA as far as I can tell.

I would recommend LttP and LA, as those are both solid games. The Oracle pair are also really good. LoZ and AoL are good, but the former seems ridiculously difficult compared to today's games and AoL is a side-scrolling half-RPG which is completely different from any other game in the series.

I made a mistake, I meant AoL, not LA. My head had it as "Link's Adventure". :doh:
Reply 1759
Original post by a_t
Never knew! I never had a gamecube, gonna look on ebay for a copy of wind waker, any other recommendations for GC games?

Yea, it's been quite handy, I have to say.

Hmmm, are you an RPG fan? If you are, then I'd recommend Baten Kaitos, Tales of Symphonia, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, Lost Kingdoms, both of them. I would also recommend Batallion Wars, as it is just great fun. Can't think of any more off hand, but I don't have my collection here to check them all.

You'll be lucky if you find the first two, I'd reckon. The first one is a niche RPG, but was bloody brilliant, one of the best on the system, but really different to the others. Tales games are always done in limited print runs and Tales of Symphonia is a particularly popular one.

Original post by siani-chan
Ah, I don't own SS yet but thank you, I shall keep that in mind. :h: I can't really remember what I'm supposed to be doing in this game so I'm going to have to look up a walkthrough, I'm so ashamed. :redface:

I always have that problem with games. LoZ is one of the few series which I play straight to completion on first getting the game. More games need to add a way to remind players of where they are in the game.

Quick Reply

Latest