The Student Room Group

Help needed - retakes during application??!!

Ok Im REALLY panicking about my results now. Finished my A2 exams on thursday but i feel like they are not up to stratch... :frown:

I didnt apply to uni (Vet med) in september like everyone else because my grades were really bad so i was advised to apply in Sept 2009 with my complete A-levels.

So if i apply this september and retake some units in January, will it be 'frowned upon'??!! Or is it better to just apply in Sept 2010? Will they see that i retook in jan or will they see just the grades etc?!

Im really worried. Please answer anyone!! :s-smilie:

The backup is to apply for Biology which i think i will have the grades for. But thats like the last resort.

Scroll to see replies

Of course they won't look down on it! So many people do resits, it's unbelieable.

Personally, I would not put my grades down. I'd put them as blank until they are all up to scratch.
Reply 2
SuicideCommando
Of course they won't look down on it! So many people do resits, it's unbelieable.

Personally, I would not put my grades down. I'd put them as blank until they are all up to scratch.

Oh thanks!! Phewwww!! You are the only person that replied... :o:

I just thought that if i apply with 'blanks' they would enquire about the reasons etc...
Alisa25

I just thought that if i apply with 'blanks' they would enquire about the reasons etc...

Oh, no. I applied with all of mine as blanks, and I got offers from all 5 of my choices. :h:
Reply 4
Alisa25

is it possible to put pending for a2?
Yes, I have
Reply 6
SuicideCommando
Oh, no. I applied with all of mine as blanks, and I got offers from all 5 of my choices. :h:

Really???? But the thing that confused me was: HOW do they know your academic achievement then?? :confused:

What do they base their offer making on??

Sorry, im just baffled. :rolleyes:
Reply 7
holmes221
is it possible to put pending for a2?

Thats what im trying to find out myself... :rolleyes:
Alisa25
Really???? But the thing that confused me was: HOW do they know your academic achievement then?? :confused:

What do they base their offer making on??

Sorry, im just baffled. :rolleyes:

Your teachers/Head of sixth form or whatever, make a statement about you, too.

Within this, will be predicted grades. If the predicted grades meet the offer, you're most likely to get a conditional offer. Then, as long as you meet their conditional offer, you will get into their university.
Reply 9
SuicideCommando

Within this, will be predicted grades. If the predicted grades meet the offer, you're most likely to get a conditional offer. Then, as long as you meet their conditional offer, you will get into their university.

so you can get predicted grades for your pending a2? as in if you get 2 marks off an A grade and then then believe you can get a A in jan resits ?
Reply 10
SuicideCommando

OHHHHHHHHHH....... *light bulb* :rolleyes:

Ok.. But are you sure its for A2 as well? What year are you??!!
holmes221
so you can get predicted grades for your pending a2? as in if you get 2 marks off an A grade and then then believe you can get a A in jan resits ?

Yeah. To be honest, I asked my teachers to predict me AAB.
Alisa25
OHHHHHHHHHH....... *light bulb* :rolleyes:

Ok.. But are you sure its for A2 as well? What year are you??!!

I've just finished my A2 exams.

Yes, I'm sure. :redface:
Reply 13
SuicideCommando
Yeah. To be honest, I asked my teachers to predict me AAB.

Ohhh ok. Well thats ok. I can ask mine too. There is only 1 subject (physics hmmm) that will be crap. I hope. Really. :frown:

Thanks for your help!!! You took a huge load off my shoulders!! :biggrin:
Alisa25
Ohhh ok. Well thats ok. I can ask mine too. There is only 1 subject (physics hmmm) that will be crap. I hope. Really. :frown:

Thanks for your help!!! You took a huge load off my shoulders!! :biggrin:

I got AAABUU at AS. However, one of my A's wasn't accepted by the Uni, and one of the A's I didn't want to carry on.
So I was left with ABU. I got them to predict me AAB, despite getting a U at AS. :h:
Reply 15
SuicideCommando

(Y) same. I didn't even apply with AS's just predicted grades as my school doesn't cash in until Upper Sixth. :biggrin:
Reply 16
SuicideCommando
I got AAABUU at AS. However, one of my A's wasn't accepted by the Uni, and one of the A's I didn't want to carry on.
So I was left with ABU. I got them to predict me AAB, despite getting a U at AS. :h:

Whoa your teachers must really loooveee you!! :p:

However im applying with finished A-levels. Not with AS's obvo. *i think i mentioned it already...* :yes:

So i just thought they might have diff rules for people putting 'pending' for A2's when resitting... :frown:
Reply 17
Alisa25
Whoa your teachers must really loooveee you!!

However im applying with finished A-levels. Not with AS's obvo. *i think i mentioned it already...*

So i just thought they might have diff rules for people putting 'pending' for A2's when resitting... :frown:
Unless you have not certificated them, you will have to enter the A2 grades you got as well as the fact that you are resitting them.

Your problem for Vet Sci is going to be that they probably will expect the highest grades and at the first sitting. Resitting is unlikely to be a problem for Biology, however.
Reply 18
Minerva
Unless you have not certificated them, you will have to enter the A2 grades you got as well as the fact that you are resitting them.

Your problem for Vet Sci is going to be that they probably will expect the highest grades and at the first sitting. Resitting is unlikely to be a problem for Biology, however.

Thats what im worried about... :frown:
Well then its prob better to apply for bio and not waste time if i get ABB/BBB/ABC ... :frown:

Sucks to be me.
Alisa25
Thats what im worried about... :frown:
Well then its prob better to apply for bio and not waste time if i get ABB/BBB/ABC ... :frown:

Sucks to be me.

where were you thinking of applying?

Latest

Trending

Trending