The Student Room Group
If you want to sign on, yes.

If you actually want to look for a job, no.

In my opinion, and I've been there.. they're useless!
Reply 2
yes, that wud be gd idea
i am actually going to try that tommorow
Reply 3
princessnavi22
If you want to sign on, yes.

If you actually want to look for a job, no.

In my opinion, and I've been there.. they're useless!

I will never sign on, btw How does it work ? Should I just go there and ask ??
Reply 4
MrGreedy
yes, that wud be gd idea
i am actually going to try that tommorow

Have you been there before ??
Kevin02

It depends what you want to do?!

Most people go there to sign on, and I think you have to make an appointment for that? Can't remember.. was a while ago..

But basically they just take down your details, the kind of job you're looking for then they may recommend some jobs for you (they didnt for me) and thats it.. they leave you to get on with it.

When I went, I had to tell the woman who was filling in my forms how to fill the forms in?! They're pretty useless.. but, tbf it could just have been the one I went to in Enfield.
I dont think you can sign on if your still a student (meaning if your still at college or starting uni this september). yh I've been looking for work since march and there seems to be nowhere that are taking in people in. To sum up how bad it is atm, in my area there were 10 spaces at asda and around 300 were applying for those spaces.
Reply 7
princessnavi22

Most people go there to sign on, and I think you have to make an appointment for that? Can't remember.. was a while ago..

But basically they just take down your details, the kind of job you're looking for then they may recommend some jobs for you (they didnt for me) and thats it.. they leave you to get on with it.

When I went, I had to tell the woman who was filling in my forms how to fill the forms in?! They're pretty useless.. but, tbf it could just have been the one I went to in Enfield.

LOL, you shoudlve recorded it and jackd her job
Reply 8
Kevin02

Why will you never sign on?
Nam_is_the_man
I dont think you can sign on if your still a student (meaning if your still at college or starting uni this september). yh I've been looking for work since march and there seems to be nowhere that are taking in people in. To sum up how bad it is atm, in my area there were 10 spaces at asda and around 300 were applying for those spaces.

It is bad! My friend works at a cinema's and she said that they get like 150 CVs a week, for jobs that aren't even there :frown:
Nam_is_the_man

I think you are, but not if you live with your parents etc.
Reply 11
Kevin02
I have been looking for a job since last year december and im really struggling, should I give the job centre a try ???

Thanks.

You live in London! you should have no problem..
Reply 12
Singhz
You live in London! you should have no problem..

Lol. you should see the reality mate.
Reply 13
tomoli
Why will you never sign on?

im a full time student.
Reply 14
princessnavi22

Thanks I will go there tommorow if not this week.
Reply 15
Kevin02
Have you been there before ??

no
but i am also running out of options
Yeah you should.

Sort out the grammar though :P
Reply 17
radiated yoghurt
Yeah you should.

Sort out the grammar though :P

Lol im tired as ****
Go online at the jobcentre, why go through the halfwits that work there.
Reply 19
Rizzletastic
Go online at the jobcentre, why go through the halfwits that work there.

I have checked most of the vacancies online but I dont how to apply for a vacancy

Do i have to call them?

Safe.

Latest

Trending

Trending