The Student Room Group

DWP Executive Officer Jobcentre working hours

Hi !
Anyone that currently work in this role , could you explain if we need to work until 8 pm and every Saturday or how it works ?
Thanks
Reply 1
Hi,
Your contracted hours are till 5pm, you can stay longer if you wish to or need to however generally most people leave by 5pm. You have to work one saturday a month but then you get a day off in the weekdays.
Reply 2
Original post by EvaS75
Hi !
Anyone that currently work in this role , could you explain if we need to work until 8 pm and every Saturday or how it works ?
Thanks

do you get to work from home?
Reply 3
Original post by HanaL101
Hi,
Your contracted hours are till 5pm, you can stay longer if you wish to or need to however generally most people leave by 5pm. You have to work one saturday a month but then you get a day off in the weekdays.

Hi Hana,
Thank you for your clarification.
Are you allow to start at 8 if you wish ? How about late shifts? Does people have to stay until 6 pm once per week ?
Reply 4
Original post by Lizou1

Do you mean overtime ? Not sure
Reply 5
Yes there is a contract that you can do your hours from 8-4 instead of 9-5. You may have to speak to your manager about this. But even if you start at 9 you can still come in at 8am.
It’s very unlikely you’ll have to stay till 6pm once a week but it is also in the contract. I’ve worked in the department for 2 years and have never had to do that

Original post by EvaS75
Hi Hana,
Are you allow to start at 8 if you wish ? How about late shifts? Does people have to stay until 6 pm once per week ?
Reply 6
Thanks Hana ! You are super
Reply 7
Can you work 8-5 or longer?
Reply 8
Original post by Hwillllll
Can you work 8-5 or longer?

You can, but not sure why anyone would want to
Reply 9
I only have childcare three days so working longer days makes sense. I’m coming from an industry where 12 hour days are standard so I’m used to it!
Reply 10
Original post by Lizou1

No unfortunately you don’t. When I was a Work Coach we only worked from home during Covid and lockdown.
Reply 11
Original post by Aysha98x
No unfortunately you don’t. When I was a Work Coach we only worked from home during Covid and lockdown.

As a work coach are you able to do any paid overtime ?
Reply 12
Original post by CeeCee05
As a work coach are you able to do any paid overtime ?

Yes from time to time they have overtime available on Saturdays. Not often but sometimes
Reply 13
Original post by HanaL101
Yes there is a contract that you can do your hours from 8-4 instead of 9-5. You may have to speak to your manager about this. But even if you start at 9 you can still come in at 8am.
It’s very unlikely you’ll have to stay till 6pm once a week but it is also in the contract. I’ve worked in the department for 2 years and have never had to do that

Thank you that's really useful to know :-)
Reply 14
Original post by EvaS75
Hi Hana,

Its till 6.30pm. In Jobcentre’s most liskely everyone has to do one 6.30pm finish per week. DWP work according to tentpoles. This means you have a set start or finish time. Most people have a 9am or 5pm tentpole. Having a 9am tentpole means you need to be at work by at least 9am, but you can also start at 8am or 8.30am if you wish to. Having a 5pm tentpole means you can start anytime in the morning but have to stay till 5pm. Most people have a 9am or 5pm tentpole because they are the Jobcentre opening times. They do allow a couple of people to have a 8am tentpole however not everyone. On your late shift your tentpole will be 6.30pm so you have to work till 6.30pm but can start work earlier than 10.30am or later if you wish to. You may also have a different tentpole for each day to make it fair for everyone. It is however still flexible, so if you need to finish early / start late, it is possible to as long as you work to your tentpole and there are other people there working.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending