The Student Room Group
Reply 1
for the frist question, I don't know

But most universities expect better grades after sixth year so instead of ABBB they want AABBBB or something
If they've been sat over two years, you will have to note this on your UCAS application (you have to put in the date the qualification was attained; if you falsified it, you'd be committing fraud and would be fairly likely to be caught). It does also appear on your results certificate (which shows at least the month and year when a qualification was attained).

EDIT: Actually, I might be misunderstanding (do you mean 'one set of qualifications sat over two years' or 'two sets of qualifications in two sittings'?). Whilst the universities will be able to tell when you sat the exam, they won't know when you started to study (although they might be able to infer from the fact that you'd have a year with few or no qualifications gained - say you did SGs in S3, then Highers over S4 and S5, you wouldn't have been awarded anything during the year you were in S4).
Reply 3
I think The Unbeliever is correct, they'd probably be able to infer it.
Reply 4
I've just started S4 and have finished my SG's. Our Highers are sat over S4-5, just seemed strange to me at our school we get two years though the same would be expected.
Reply 5
Awh i wish that happened in my school.
We did int2s as standard grades over two years (s3 and s4)
if you need to show your certificate, it will date them, and also you need to put it on UCAS and declaring it falsely is just not worth it, so yeah they know.

Latest

Trending

Trending