The Student Room Group

Second degree

Im wanting to study a psychology degree, but I have CDE A level grades which ive not seen any uni accept. Would having a HND in Music production help at all? I've not got the grade yet but I think it was a Merit and I got a destinction on my dissertation. If it does help, where do i tell the uni about it? Ive not seen an option to include it on UCAS
Reply 1
Original post by azziew
Im wanting to study a psychology degree, but I have CDE A level grades which ive not seen any uni accept. Would having a HND in Music production help at all? I've not got the grade yet but I think it was a Merit and I got a destinction on my dissertation. If it does help, where do i tell the uni about it? Ive not seen an option to include it on UCAS

Hi, have you looked into foundation years or an access course? It may take an extra year but would be more likely to accept your a level grades. About whether any unis accept your HND it would be best to contact the unis admission team directly who would be able to tell you a definite answer
Reply 2
Original post by atiyya03
Hi, have you looked into foundation years or an access course? It may take an extra year but would be more likely to accept your a level grades. About whether any unis accept your HND it would be best to contact the unis admission team directly who would be able to tell you a definite answer

I have found one uni that will accept my current grades so im not completley stranded but yeah, i do plan to contact other uni admission teams.
Reply 3
Original post by azziew
I have found one uni that will accept my current grades so im not completley stranded but yeah, i do plan to contact other uni admission teams.

That sounds like a good start then. You might have to be willing to travel further aswell when finding a uni. Also, i had a quick look and it seems leeds trinity would accept your grades for their foundation year.
Good luck
Reply 4
Resit your A levels.

This is a far better option than trying to cobble together totally unrelated qualifications in the hope that 'that might be okay'.
Reply 5
Original post by McGinger
Resit your A levels.

This is a far better option than trying to cobble together totally unrelated qualifications in the hope that 'that might be okay'.

How do i go about doing that and do i have to pay?
Reply 6
Original post by azziew

Talk to your last school.
Reply 7
Original post by azziew

If your last school won't take you on again to resit, call around or search college/ sixth forms that take on private candidates. You would probably have to pay and the price will vary depending on the institute.

Quick Reply

Latest