The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Gaara.
Are liverpool still trying to get David Silva or has that ship sailed?

Manchester United seem to always go for players we think are worth going for :colonhash:

Like who?
Ronaldo VII
Like who?

Vidic, for one.
El Stevo
Vidic, for one.

I thought he was meaning now, not nearly 4 years ago :colonhash:
Reply 583
Jassameen
But xabi came on.... What does this mean?

....nothing?
Reply 584
....nothing?

I refuse to believe that....
Ronaldo VII
I thought he was meaning now, not nearly 4 years ago :colonhash:

I presume he is referring to the Silva rumours.
Reply 586
El Stevo
I presume he is referring to the Silva rumours.

That's just depressing....
Reply 587
Jassameen
That's just depressing....

I wouldn't let a few baseless rumours depress you, mate! You'd find the BBC Gossip section suicidal :p:
Reply 588
Ascient
I wouldn't let a few baseless rumours depress you, mate! You'd find the BBC Gossip section suicidal :p:

Yeah dw! I read it this morning.... Starting a day in tears is not the greatest idea!!!! But where there's smoke there's fire.... The thing I hate most!
It'll be ok Jassameen everything will be ok Rafa knows what he's doing :ninja:
Reply 590
good mermington

good mermington... Alas I must conceed in rafa we trust...
Reply 591
good mermington

good mermington, alas I must conceed... In rafa we trust!
Marca say we have signed Aquilani. I'd love to know how they can validate a source for that, given press near Roma and Liverpool have said nothing :rolleyes:

Also reports saying £27 million for Alonso accepted, 32m euros. Lulz.

Real news from real media, plx.
Reply 593
I'd say the Alonso stuff is spot on. :yes:

Not too sure about Aquilani though....loads of rumours about Cattermole and the Roma man. I think you need some a little like Carrick.
I don't really question/care about the Alonso stuff, as it is inevitably going to happen - it's hardly a qualifier for another transfer story though.
lulz, Aquilani wiki

Alberto Aquilani (7 July 1984) is an Italian Playboy who plays as a midfielder for Premier League side Liverpool[1] and the Italy national football team. Aquilani signed for Liverpool from Roma on 3rd August 2009 for a reported £15.3m. It is widely considered in the footballing world that Carrick and Aquilani are poor man versions of Alonso. In contemplation, does that make Carrick a poor man's version of a poor man's Alonso when comparing him against Aquilani, who is a poor man's Alonso? Email your answers at [email protected]

Albert is reported to have been targeted due to the departing Xabi Alonso.
Reply 596
:rofl:
Reply 597
Guillam Ballage said something interesting about it being Rafa's 1st major transfer dealing where he calls the shots really telling Christian Purslow what steps to take. I reckon it's a good thing of course as he's wanting what he wants rather than relying on a chief exec to negotiate where ther'es always the possibility the chief exec might deal in the transfer in a differwent way to what the manager might( we all know how stubborn Rafa can be lol).
I hope Rafa knows when to meet RM halfway (if it comes to that, hopefully not) or the deal may fall through which although keeps Alonso at Anfield it looks like he wants to go and might be the best for both parties.
Unnamed sources in Italy saying Aquilani deal made...
Reply 599
Would Pirlo not be better? :pinch:

The guy is class would cost around the same I reckon. Also he does not really rely on place, a great passer of the ball and has plenty of experience. Yes he is older but still class.

Latest