The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5980
Well that was okay I guess..would have preferred a comfortable win allowing us to rest some players in the second leg but I guess labouring to a 1-0 win is okay :s-smilie:

Not much you can say about the game really apart from that I hope we play a lot better against City come Sunday.
So so poor. I don't know whether I almost fell asleep because it's coming towards the end of a tiring week or whether the game really was that dull. Just abysmal. Rather watch paint dry.
meskell
5 officials in the Europa League games to check for 'goal area incidents' they failed in the first game of the season in the Everton match and haven't really done anything since. Another pointless move :sigh:

absolute joke. They're so far onto the pitch at times. It's got to be a distraction to the players, distraction to the spectators tbh. Very irritating. It's an embarrassment to football that FIFA came up with this. Utterly laughable. Bunch of ****ing clowns. Complete circus.
Reply 5983
well that was the biggest pile of crap i have seen this year.
white_haired_wizard
absolute joke. They're so far onto the pitch at times. It's got to be a distraction to the players, distraction to the spectators tbh. Very irritating. It's an embarrassment to football that FIFA came up with this. Utterly laughable. Bunch of ****ing clowns. Complete circus.

Agreed, it was so irratating to see this random blue shirt strolling around in the corner of the pitch. If you must have them put them behind the goal, on the line or whatever. Ridiculous.
Reply 5985
Another win? Slowly, slowly catchee monkey.

Reply 5986
meskell
I explained that in the Liverpool thread at least 30 minutes ago. Can we please stop posting threads that are really not needed.

This
Reply 5987
not the greatest game in the world, but judging by the quality of football ive seen in all competitions in the last 2 months or so, it wasnt even that bad
The Man City game is going to be completely different. We're not going to have 10 men behind the ball while we try to break down. Prob be more open/battle in the middle for possession.
Cynics might say that the only surprise is that it has taken this long, but it was reported last night that Craig Bellamy, had been involved in a furious row with Roberto Mancini. The Manchester City manager was said to have screamed at his fiery striker, telling him to stay away from the club for three months.

According to reports, the pair exchanged heated words at the club’s training ground at Carrington on Wednesday after Bellamy refused a request to do extra training with one of Mancini’s Italian staff the next day.

Mancini was incensed by the player’s reaction, and the questioning of his judgment, and reports of the incident have the Italian bellowing: “I want you to leave now — and don’t come back for three months.”

The £14 million Wales forward, who joined City in January last year, argued that only he and the sports science staff knew the correct way to treat his injured right knee.

Bellamy is said to have stormed off and was contacted at home by Garry Cook, the City chief executive, and Brian Marwood, the club’s football administrator. They advised him to return and apologise to Mancini, but Bellamy is said to have stood firm.

:awesome:
Reply 5990
And so it begins :rofl:

Manchester City are revolting.. because of Mancini's training methods
Roberto Mancini is facing a dressing-room revolt among his Manchester City players over his controversial training ground methods.

Several City players are unhappy at Mancini's habit of changing their training schedule at the last minute, leaving them little time to plan their lives.

And at least one senior first-team player believes the training sessions themselves lack the intensity of those under Mancini's predecessor Mark Hughes.

Mancini is fond of changing City's training schedule on a whim, often with less than 24 hours' notice, which is proving an ongoing source of irritation to several squad members.

City's recent drop off in results would seem to indicate a disillusionment among some of Mancini's players, despite them having scrambled to fourth in the Premier League.

Defeat at Hull, an unconvincing win over Bolton and successive draws against Stoke have stripped City of the early euphoria of life under Mancini, who won his first four games.

City have looked disjointed and lethargic in recent games, with some players seemingly finding it hard to willingly adapt to Mancini's methods both on and off the pitch.

The Italian is known for placing more emphasis on defensive duties than Hughes, evident in his decision to deploy three holding midfielders in City's last two games.

That has served to alienate some of City's more attack-minded players, who feel they are being marginalised under Mancini's pragmatic and cautious approach to games.

A City source said: "Players are creatures of habit who like to know in advance when they're doing things and at what time, but that's not happening.

"At most clubs there's a set training time but Mancini keeps chopping and changing, which means the players can't plan things in advance." Mancini is so desperate to succeed at City he is undergoing daily two-hour English lessons at Salford University in a bid to communicate more effectively with his players.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Manchester-City-boss-Roberto-Mancini-faces-player-revolt-over-controversial-training-methods-article326991.html

------------------
Saforaz - just a quick thing. Would you perhaps be able to put articles in 'quotes' or something otherwise I always think it is you penning the post :p:
Just tell me to feck off if you want like lol.
Shame on Scousers getting happy off a story originating from the Sun.

http://mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2010/February/Bellamy-in-the-mix-for-Sunday

Back down to earth.
Dani Pacheco needs a chance this season. Everytime I've seen him I've been impressed, I know hes not that strong or big, but meh I don't think Messi is either. :bigsmile:
We are lucky the team we played against yesterday were so ****, they had nothing about them.

The commentator made a valuable point which I agree with when he stated sometimes its better to risk losing possession in trying to create a chance rather than just keeping it and doing f all. Most of the time we seem happy to pass back to say Mascherano who goes even further back, yeah we have the ball but what good is that?

Any other decent team would have plonked 3 decent strikers up there from the 1st min, but that's our problem we don't have enough decent strikers. Gerrard should be in that sort of position but he should have at least 2 more guys ahead of him, Ngog on his own isn't going to provide anything.

Agreed about Pacheco but will he be given his chance? If anything this was the time whilst Torres/Aquilani were injured.
milan5baros
Dani Pacheco needs a chance this season. Everytime I've seen him I've been impressed, I know hes not that strong or big, but meh I don't think Messi is either. :bigsmile:

Get the boy on growth hormones tbh :cool:
No Tevez, Viera or Petrov. I fancy our chances on Sunday.
Jeppaloth
Shame on Scousers getting happy off a story originating from the Sun.

http://mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2010/February/Bellamy-in-the-mix-for-Sunday

Back down to earth.

The official Man City site is reporting that there is no severe falling out between the team's best player and an already misfiring new manager just before a crucial match. Can't have any agenda there. Nope.
Hiphopopotamus
The official Man City site is reporting that there is no severe falling out between the team's best player and an already misfiring new manager just before a crucial match. Can't have any agenda there. Nope.

Ok, we'll see if he "doesn't play for 3 months". I'm betting he'll play within 3 days.
I'm betting he'll have his golf club out within the next 3 days.
Only to snap Mascherano the little gob *****.

Latest