The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
sarforaz

Shame Riquelme is getting old... :p:

Juan Román El Torero Riquelme :drool:
One of my favourite footballers ever.

Perhaps Gerrard could fulfill that CM creative role, and still do his box to box duties? Than that would mean finding a striker to pair up with Nando.
TorresIX
Juan Román El Torero Riquelme :drool:
One of my favourite footballers ever.

Perhaps Gerrard could fulfill that CM creative role, and still do his box to box duties? Than that would mean finding a striker to pair up with Nando.

I feel we'd lose some of his goals...
Tbh, if Rafa thought he was going to lose Alonso, he wouldve paid the few million extra and snapped up Barry at the start of the transfer activity.
Cant see Alonso leaving for less than 30-40mil, which should be enough to find a replacement and then some?
Im sure Rafa has a list of targets.. he wouldve lined some up and kept an eye on them since before last summer when he considered shipping Alonso out.
sarforaz
Bit disappointed we didnt make a move..

I agree. When you think about it, he's a perfect signing; he's a proven goal-scorer; he wouldn't need a full time place on the team - happy to sit on the bench; very cheap.
Ronaldo VII
:confused:

Benitez really rates Lucas... and the games where Lucas was replacing Alonso were his best, if not the teams... Who knows.
Hiphopopotamus
I agree. When you think about it, he's a perfect signing; he's a proven goal-scorer; he wouldn't need a full time place on the team - happy to sit on the bench; very cheap.

Doesnt really have Rafa's style of mentality though. We dont really have any selfish, egotistical players.
I had a dream.. it went 25 million plus RvN for Alonso. And Lucas claimed CM alongside Masch who decided to stay once he renegotiated his contract. We also bought Beckford though :lulwut:
Reply 126
sarforaz
Doesnt really have Rafa's style of mentality though. We dont really have any selfish, egotistical players.

:yep:
El Stevo
I had a dream.. it went 25 million plus RvN for Alonso. And Lucas claimed CM alongside Masch who decided to stay once he renegotiated his contract. We also bought Beckford though :lulwut:

Lol..
Id expect Rafa to refuse anything unless it involves Negredo?

Do we still expect Arbeloa to leave for Real Madrid too?
sarforaz

That's a fair point.
Reply 129
We do have selfish and egotistical players
gerrard, mascherano sometimes carragher, alonso, riera
J_H123698

********. We have human players who feel the same desires, wants and needs as the rest of us. Owen is a mercenary who would play for anyone if it meant he could keep buying his race horses. Comparing those players to him is ridiculous and insulting.
J_H123698

If Gerrard was selfish he wouldve gone to Chelsea.
Im not sure how you can say those 5 are selfish/egotistical? Any examples? :s-smilie:
General behaviour has always been good I believe..
sarforaz
If Gerrard was selfish he wouldve gone to Chelsea.
Im not sure how you can say those 5 are selfish/egotistical? Any examples? :s-smilie:
General behaviour has always been good I believe..

Gerrard took some 'persuading' not to go to Chelsea, remember. It was pretty much a done deal...
El Stevo
Gerrard took some 'persuading' not to go to Chelsea, remember. It was pretty much a done deal...

True but the situation then was completely different...Liverpool looked like they were going nowhere and Chelsea were offering the chance of silverware and significantly more money. Thankfully he saw sense (by whatever persuasion) and decided to stay.
Reply 134
DannyBoy123
True but the situation then was completely different...Liverpool looked like they were going nowhere .

You mean like when Owen left?

Rafa wanted Owen in 2005. Fact.

Making out all our players are some kind of holier than thou angels while others (in this instance, that welsh ********* manc midget) are the spawn of satan is just silly
kpg

Making out all our players are some kind of holier than thou angels while others (in this instance, that welsh ********* manc midget) are the spawn of satan is just silly

Read what I wrote. I said that our players are HUMAN. I also said that comparing them to Owen was unfair which is undoubtedtly the case.
Reply 136
And it has to be said, even though he didn't buy most of them players, Rafa's valencia side had an unfortunately high number of dickheads in that team. Team full of talented but dirty snides.
kpg
And it has to be said, even though he didn't buy most of them players, Rafa's valencia side had an unfortunately high number of dickheads in that team. Team full of talented but dirty snides.

Including that well-known striker of the time... Momo Sissoko...
Reply 138
Gerrard is intrested in gerrard
carragher is egotistical read his book
alonso more intrested in money than anything atm, winging about tax
mascherano is intrested in him first and if he goes, and carrys on stirring he is showing no loyalty to us after taking the gamble post west ham
J_H123698
Gerrard is intrested in gerrard
carragher is egotistical read his book
alonso more intrested in money than anything atm, winging about tax
mascherano is intrested in him first and if he goes, and carrys on stirring he is showing no loyalty to us after taking the gamble post west ham

Is Masch just not asking for a payrise in a really typical footballer's way?

Latest