The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

sarforaz
Well my own view is that Berba should not have cost more than £20mil or so. I mean he was already 27 or 28 when purchased, so you were never going to get any re-sell value. Will be on a bumper pay packet too etc etc.
But hey, you pay for what you want and probably have to over pay to ensure you get exactly what you want.

We made plenty of chances against Villa and a number of really poor decisions/errors lead to their goals. On a different day, it could have easily finished 2-0 to us!

Why would Berbatov be £20m when that's what Keane went for?
Ronaldo VII
Why would Berbatov be £20m when that's what Keane went for?

Who's to say Keane was fair value or that we're perfect in the transfer market?
I dont think we should have paid more than £15mil for Keane

For a 28 year old, who's not a prolific goal scorer etc, even if from the same league, seems high to me.
But then I guess everything is inflated now, so its no longer high but relative?
sarforaz
Who's to say Keane was fair value or that we're perfect in the transfer market?
I dont think we should have paid more than £15mil for Keane

For a 28 year old, who's not a prolific goal scorer etc, even if from the same league, seems high to me.
But then I guess everything is inflated now, so its no longer high but relative?

As I said, it's relative. You can't adjust every transfer from the past few years.
:frown: Who are we to make fun of when we play Everton now that Lescott has moved on?
£22-24mil? :eek: We should have sold a few of our players to them...
It seemed as if you were playing away from home not at home yesterday.

No it didn't?

We had 21 shots compared to their 7?
They we're playing on the break.

Did you even watch the game?
Reply 1585
Own goals are a sign that we're going to lose.

Both defeats last season included own goals (Alonso @ 'Boro & Carragher @ Spurs). And now Lucas against Villa although no OG at Spurs this time.
farhan
Own goals are a sign that we're going to lose.

Both defeats last season included own goals (Alonso @ 'Boro & Carragher @ Spurs). And now Lucas against Villa although no OG at Spurs this time.

And Carragher v Hull? Oh wait, we drew that :wink:

Carra has scored more goals against Liverpool than for Liverpool :biggrin:
Reply 1587
:biggrin: carra as our new striker????

one thing that annoys me why let gerrard take corners hes crap at them rarley do they beat the first man hes great at attacking the ball so he should be in the box not taking them
Reply 1588
azzi
:biggrin: carra as our new striker????

one thing that annoys me why let gerrard take corners hes crap at them rarley do they beat the first man hes great at attacking the ball so he should be in the box not taking them

I have always thought Aurelio should be our number one set piece taker. Gerrard is pretty awful at them and would be much better suited to be hanging about on the edge of the area.
However, Aurelio is injured a lot so practicing the set pieces wihtout him is hard, next up would be Reira but he isn't guranteed a place either so that would be abit pointless practicing set plays only for him not to play.
I must say though Insua hasn't looked too bad on a few of the corners he has taken, perhaps he could take over the role if Gerrard gets his team ethic back.

Edit: Whichever severly lame person negged me your neg rep was worthless my good man!
Reply 1589
sarforaz
:frown: Who are we to make fun of when we play Everton now that Lescott has moved on?
£22-24mil? :eek: We should have sold a few of our players to them...

The rest of there mess? :creep:
milan5baros
No it didn't?

He's a Utd fan afaik.

Tbh Villa were camped 10 men behind the ball and hit hard and fast on the counter. If our players had been more clinical, we shouldve wrapped up the game by the 1sthalf instead of vice versa.
Reply 1591
milan5baros
No it didn't?

In the way that nothing went your way.

Top teams go away and end up losing despite dominating due to the GK having a blinder. But lets be honest Brad always has a banging game.
In the way that nothing went your way.

Top teams go away and end up losing despite dominating due to the GK having a blinder. But lets be honest Brad always has a banging game.

True, nothing went our way. I think it was just one of those nights.

Brad had a shocker last time round; he let 4 goals put past him, got sent off and gave away a penalty! Just imagine the points on fantasy football :rolleyes:
LOSERFOOL suk

you're fans were celebrating like the world cup had j ust been won by england when burnley beat united the other day .......... yet u guys have just 3 points in 3 games........

What is the difference between a square and liverpool?

........ A square has 4 points!

Chelsea till i die, were the best we beat u 3-1 and this season were gonna beat ya again.
Reply 1594
That's a truly woeful piece of WUMery :gah: I give you 1/100.

See RobbieC's posts for how its really done :creep:
Reply 1595
Mistersjmcg
LOSERFOOL suk

you're fans were celebrating like the world cup had j ust been won by england when burnley beat united the other day .......... yet u guys have just 3 points in 3 games........

Chelsea till i die, were the best we beat u 3-1 and this season were gonna beat ya again.

You are an embarrasement mate. Out!
Mistersjmcg
LOSERFOOL suk

Please get your lousy ass out of this thread.
Mistersjmcg

Easy game to play... What's the difference between Chelsea and a decagon? A decagon has 10 points!!!11onne! LMAOROF
NasEscobar/Izaldo

I call a brekkie in town on saturday morning, Who is in?
Reply 1599
J_H123698
NasEscobar/Izaldo

I call a brekkie in town on saturday morning, Who is in?

Simon. Not me though, I'm having to sell my ticket cos I'm going Creamfields.

Long storry, poor planning!

Latest