The Student Room Group

Chemistry Practical (Edexcel 3A) - 20 May 2005!!!

How did everyone find this paper?? (I'm guessing there's not many of us who did it today, most people had the practical exam on Thursday!)

I thought some of the follow up questions on the Titration and Thermochem parts were very hard.

What did everyone get for their mean titre?
I got 32.15 cm3

For the temperature change in the thermochem I got 9 degrees C?

Oh, and the identifying the two compounds??
I got Ammonium Sulphate as L i think and Magnesium Chloride as the second salt, but I heard it was actually Calcium chloride??
Reply 1
I got 32.35cm3 for the mean titre and 9.5 degrees C for the thermochemistry.
But after that I screwed up as I was rushed for time :frown:
Reply 2
i got 32.77 as d titre...and i thought L was Na2so4..and d other as mgcl2..4 a second i thought i thought it was ammonium sulphate but at the beginning of the question it says it is an S-block element--so therefore it cant be ammonium--because its not an s block elelment-----u knw wat yeah--i didnt even do the purity question--ran out of time---u reckon i might still pass or fail---

for the thermo bit--i got 9 degress as well but my graph was kinda shady--but i thought dat was due 2 heat lost or wot not----:confused:
Reply 3
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i got 32.77 as d titre...and i thought L was Na2so4..and d other as mgcl2..4 a second i thought i thought it was ammonium sulphate but at the beginning of the question it says it is an S-block element--so therefore it cant be ammonium--because its not an s block elelment-----u knw wat yeah--i didnt even do the purity question--ran out of time---u reckon i might still pass or fail---

for the thermo bit--i got 9 degress as well but my graph was kinda shady--but i thought dat was due 2 heat lost or wot not----
:tsr: :tsr: :tsr:

Latest