The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Arizona
Reply 81
mason, stacey, joseph, carly, lauren, laura*

* in a shop i used to work there were 4 lauras and one lauren,dear gawd
Reply 82
Cheap names like Krystal etc.
Any chavvy and mispelt (especially double-barrelled specials...) And randomly- Kevin and Wayne are names I really dislike too.
Reply 84
i HATE it when people like add letters to their name to make it more "cool"
although my names "april" n' sometimes it annoyes me XD
whats the point in being named after a month theirs no need XD
Reply 85
Chav names...and stupid names that celebrities use to name their children who will eventually go on to be bullied because of that name....
Reply 86
also people who name there kids after football teams and players. i mean, calling a kid aftera footballers first name (eg steven gerrard - calling your kid stevie/steven) sounds fine its a common name, but i remember reading in an aus 442 once about the alarming amount of children called Arsenal (anyone want to think of the kids nickname?) Beckham, Chelsea, Everton etc...
vander Beth
My name. :sad:

This! :yep:

Bigmo7
Chav names...and stupid names that celebrities use to name their children who will eventually go on to be bullied because of that name....

In the US a family named their daughter Shuhteed (pronounced, **** head), and another named their eldest and youngest Winner and Loser (Winner went onto serve prison terms whereas Loser became a successful lawyer).
'Ollie' :afraid:
EmK_89
also people who name there kids after football teams and players. i mean, calling a kid aftera footballers first name (eg steven gerrard - calling your kid stevie/steven) sounds fine its a common name, but i remember reading in an aus 442 once about the alarming amount of children called Arsenal (anyone want to think of the kids nickname?) Beckham, Chelsea, Everton etc...

Maybe they're into weapons stockpiles and names of industrial areas :zomg:
Reply 90
Lefty Leo
Maybe they're into weapons stockpiles and names of industrial areas :zomg:

:zomg: Perhaps your right! It's just a coincidence they support the team of the same name. haha. What about Gazza though, i remember that one being there as a kids 'name' :p:
Reply 91
I really hate the name "Kassim". Cause it's mine :P
Mohammed, Abdul, Jamal.
EmK_89
:zomg: Perhaps your right! It's just a coincidence they support the team of the same name. haha. What about Gazza though, i remember that one being there as a kids 'name' :p:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_gazza_ladra

The obvious answer is that they're into operas :yep: .
basketofsnakes
"Robin", can't ******* stand that name

:frown:
Stupid names, like Sunday Rose (sounds like Sunday roast!!), McKenzie, people who don't take their last names into account when naming their kid, aka Russell Sprout.

I really hate the names Chloe, Zoe, Megan, Freya, Madison, Georgia, Alice, Harriet... Eurrghhhh. Absolutely no rational reason why!

Also, so fed up of absolutely everyone calling their kids Isobel/Isabel/Isabelle, Ella or Olivia. Can't stand any month/season/flower/colour/gemstone names either, like April, Autumn, Poppy, Scarlett, Ruby. *cringe*

Not really bothered about boy names, except things like Noah, Finlay, Logan, Luca. Stupid names.
mazza558

Awesome :rolleyes:
Reply 98
Lefty Leo
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_gazza_ladra

The obvious answer is that they're into operas :yep: .

Ahhhhhhh. I see!

....though still, if all this were true and people really were naming their kids after weaponry, industrial areas and Italian operas, I think I will still subsequently enter them on this thread of weird names...:biggrin:
Guinevere
not the same thing really, but thought I'd just bring up annoying colloquialisms in naming. A guy called me 'duck' the other week and I actually said quack to him! I hate it when people do that! I am not a duck, I am a human being

I say duck :hmmm:

There was a girl at a resort I stayed at once called "Angel", I felt sorry for her, tbh.

Latest