The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

when u say good UKCAT score..is 625 included??
im thinking of applying to sheffield, nottingham, manchester, and soton...is my Ukcat score acceptable?..have received 5A*'s already..waiting fr other results..
priyabhatta
when u say good UKCAT score..is 625 included??
im thinking of applying to sheffield, nottingham, manchester, and soton...is my Ukcat score acceptable?..have received 5A*'s already..waiting fr other results..

You may want to think carefully about Sheffiled as I have just had an e-mail from their admissions team in which they say that with regards UKCAT:

"For entry this year those with around 2680 were invited for interview."
looks like ill have to rethink my options...thanks though :biggrin: but wht about the others?? anyone have any idea??
Reply 103
Sheffield is pretty tough.
Reply 104
Ok, which asshole neg repped me.
lol Baki, just be a sub for a month and neg that sucker back :awesome: only £3.50 :biggrin:
Reply 106
Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.
lol Baki, just be a sub for a month and neg that sucker back :awesome: only £3.50 :biggrin:

That would only be worth it if I got a ****-ton of negs. Oh well, I guess I was hoping the person who posted this:

The Official "Oh NOES M... 15-08-2009 15:37 don't use words you don't understand the meaning of.

Would be man enough to stand up for themselves.
Reply 107
Is my score bad i've got 620? I was gonna apply manchester & sheff :frown:
Reply 108
Pyropink
Is my score bad i've got 620? I was gonna apply manchester & sheff :frown:

Manchester apparently select for interview by ranking everyone according to their UKCAT score (after initial grade check etc) so 620 may be enough or may not be depending on the performance of everyone else who applies.

Sheffield have a cut off score - last year 675, the year before 670 so probably not a good idea.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/UKCAT
Reply 109
So annoyed. VR brought my score right down
VR: 540
QR: 680
AR: 640
DA: 670
AVG: 635.5

I know the first post says Aberdeen and Southampton are good ones to apply to with low UKCAT, but is this score good enough? Thanks
Reply 110
Woody.
So annoyed. VR brought my score right down
VR: 540
QR: 680
AR: 640
DA: 670
AVG: 635.5

I know the first post says Aberdeen and Southampton are good ones to apply to with low UKCAT, but is this score good enough? Thanks

OP says LESS THAN 600 qualifies as a bad score.
Reply 111
hey, well i am stuck i really want to do medicine A100 but i think i dont have enough grades and UKCAT points, please help as i am struggling

UKCAT results;
VR 450
QR 520
AR 500
DA 660

As results BCCDD predicted grades - i dont know yet

also i was thinking of retaking most of these in yr13 but then some unis dont like that =( as you can see im really stuck :frown:
Reply 112
ayesh_qz
hey, well i am stuck i really want to do medicine A100 but i think i dont have enough grades and UKCAT points, please help as i am struggling

UKCAT results;
VR 450
QR 520
AR 500
DA 660

also i was thinking of retaking most of these in yr13 but then some unis dont like that =( as you can see im really stuck :frown:

maybe you should take a gap year.
Reply 113
ayesh_qz

UKCAT results;
VR 450
QR 520
AR 500
DA 660

They don't care as long as its within 2 years.
Reply 114
just started revising for ukcat as i have mine on monday
and wow is the verbal reasoning tough!
Reply 115
see my problem is that i have to send out the application before i get the results for the retakes so will the unis consider me if i have BCCDD?
Reply 116
which part of the UKCAT score counts the most - which part is the most useful??

Is it your average score?, or your lowest score (whichever section) or your total score??

Thanks
Reply 117
so am i screwed with 620 for edinburgh, manchester and nottingham...even if i have 10 a*s and aaab?

:confused:
Me too with:

Ukcat
Vr: 580
Qr: 620
Ar: 640
Da: 670

Average: 627.5

and was only plannin to apply to London unis :-(
rebe.
so am i screwed with 620 for edinburgh, manchester and nottingham...even if i have 10 a*s and aaab?

:confused:

Birmingham!

Latest

Trending

Trending