The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

half american half british and I'd side with america even though I was born in england as I grew up in the USA...granted my sister and mom are american and my dad and me are british so our family would be on shaky ground lol
Reply 21
1/2 northern, 1/2 southern diverse i know.
but the probability of most of these scenarios are unlikely but a civil war between the north and south of england is impossible.
Reply 22
Failed123
Are we talking about 'ethnicities' or nationalities? I'm a mix of more than four ethnicities, where would I **** off to?

what difference does it make, if ur dad is 100% columbian, u r half columbian. Ethnicity or nationality all the same to me
Reply 23
1/2 northern, 1/2 southern diverse i know.
but the probability of most of these scenarios are unlikely but a civil war between the north and south of england is impossible.

If that happened could I move to the Southerners side? They'd probably win and their cities are better... I don't want to be with the chavs and slags.
ozmas12
Can i guess how this happend:

Communist fighter relative in spanish civil war fled to soviet union after the war, had russian wife, ended up here in england after soviet union collapsed and you were born!

Am i right or horribly wrong?

Well.....My great grandad fled before/during the war and fought in it, and my mum didn't leave because of the collapse but in 1999 when she met my stepdad :smile:
So semi-right..:p:
Reply 25
Scarletwings92
half american half british and I'd side with america even though I was born in england as I grew up in the USA...granted my sister and mom are american and my dad and me are british so our family would be on shaky ground lol

Yeah, I would only because the US would probably win. They spend loads of money on their army, and our government can't be arsed to with ours.
Failed123
Yeah, I would only because the US would probably win. They spend loads of money on their army, and our government can't be arsed to with ours.

lol yeah another plus point for the americans :p:
Reply 27
1/2 New Zealander and 1/2 Irish and to be honest I do not see either country ever going to war with anyone never mind each other!
Reply 28
im half american, half british. love both equally, so dont know where i would stand with it really. probably end up british seeing as i live here, have grown up here, and my british family is considerably larger and more extensive than my american side. ive never been to the us but i am planning on doing an exchange year to california during my second year at uni :smile:
saying that though, i cant really see america and britain going to war any time soon lol ... *touch wood*
I'm half Jamaican half Irish by ethinicity. If I had to I'd pick Jamaican because I don't identify with my Irish side at all and never have so it'd be pointless fighting for them or siding with them. Although to be honest I think of myself as a mixed-race English person so in most cases I would just not get involved unless the situation personally affected me.
Reply 30
Failed123
If that happened could I move to the Southerners side? They'd probably win and their cities are better... I don't want to be with the chavs and slags.

south has london but the north has birmingham, manchester and sheffield.
counting watford gap the divider
i have formed an idea for a thread
Kill yourself to help both sides.
Reply 32
I'm half English, half Welsh and i live fairly close to the border so I'd be screwed..
I've lived in Wales all my life so i think i'd have to embrace my celtic side and kick some English arse haha.
So, quite a few of you would abandon the country which has sheltered you, embraced you and provided you with its freedoms and benefits due to some abstract allegiance to a foreign power?
Half English and Half Irish (Real Ireland not Northen Ireland)

Can't really see them ever fighting again, Ireland is almost always independent.

I wouldn't fight as I can't kill my fellow people, whichever side I was on.
Reply 35
ashy
Nothing. Anyway, I'm "more English" as I speak this language better and I've always lived here.

What are the odds of England being at war with Hungary? .... Again.

:ninja:

:five: snap! Except I don't speak Hungarian... :o:

I've always lived here and only speak English and while I love going to Hungary to see my mum's family, I am undoubtedly English (though when I go to Hungary it feels like home too!).

If there was another war between England and Hungary, I'd side with the people I thought were right. If nobody was right, I'd stay living in the country I was at the time (most probably England) and sit it out.
Failed123

The Americans have a defense budget of almost $1 trillion. That's just a tad excessive, espesially when many parts of inner cities of that country are ****** up. Priorities seem just a bit messed up. Even so if we look at defense budget, the UK spend the 3rd most on their defense on the globe ($68 billion) just behind China ($70 billion) so in actual fact on a global scale we spend a ******** on our defense.

oops got my trillions, billions and millions mixed up
Half Scottish and half Spanish, got dual nationality, was born in NYC but have since never lived in either the UK or Spain, so no idea what I'd do if the **** hit the fan.
I'd have in split myself in two...
Reply 39
Less_then_zero
I'd have in split myself in two...

if only you were female, i had the best inuendo lined up.

Latest

Trending

Trending