The Student Room Group

how to get all 9s

how to get all 9s in gcse
(edited 1 month ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi there Aravan I think you should maybe talk to your school teacher as they may be able to help you with any queries you may have but I recommend you also look at resources on the internet like spark notes and history spec
Thanks
Feel free to ask more questions
Original post by aravanchhibber
Hi I am currently a year 10 students,my predicted for next year are mainly 8s but is there any tips to getting all 9s as that is my goal.I have been struggling with English and History for a while so any tips?
My topics are
Maths,Chem,Bio,Physics,English,Computer Science,PE,Spanish,History
I am also really bad at Spanish.
Thanks for all your help
I would say that a flashcard app that does spaced repetition is vital for sciences (I use StudySmarter) and would probably be quite useful for Computer Science, History and maybe science (I didn't take any of those at GCSE). I revised using only flashcards and some past papers and got seven 9s and four 8s. The only thing you can really do for maths is past papers and practice questions. For English just do some extra essays in year 11 and try to get verbal feedback from a teacher since (in my experience) you learn from your mistakes faster if you're able to talk them through with someone (this might also help for History).

Language GCSEs are probably the hardest for everyone just because English schools can't teach MFL. I would recommend watching some videos by Easy Spanish on Youtube -- I used the German equivalent at GCSE and it saved me on the listening. For Spanish I would say that you should try to memorise a few high level grammer phrases but mainly do vocab. For revising for speaking you should just try speaking to yourself in Spanish for a few minutes at a time -- half of the marks are just for sounding confident and having half-decent pronunciation.

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 3
Hi I am currently a year 10 students,my predicted for next year are mainly 8s but is there any tips to getting all 9s as that is my goal.I have been struggling with English and History for a while so any tips?
My topics are
Thanks for all your help
Hello there ARAVAN CHIBBER ,
stop revising you will not get all 9s.
Reply 4
hello aravan, im afraid the austrlian national university is correct.
My topics are
Thanks for all your help
Hi Aravan I am Aditya and I have also experienced an academic slump.I was predicted all 8s but unfortunately I was overconfident and moved from Sets 1 to 4.
I would like to widh you all the best for time at these heights.
Regards,
Aditya Sista
Original post by Aditya8168
Hi Aravan I am Aditya and I have also experienced an academic slump.I was predicted all 8s but unfortunately I was overconfident and moved from Sets 1 to 4.
Regards,
Aditya Sista
@Aditya8168 This is extremely distressing to see. I would recommend revising and not playing violent video games on low powered machines
Reply 7
Original post by shaunak831
Hi there Aravan I think you should maybe talk to your school teacher as they may be able to help you with any queries you may have but I recommend you also look at resources on the internet like spark notes and history spec
Thanks
Feel free to ask more questions
I think thats a good stategy
Reply 8
My topics are
Thanks for all your help
I personally do STP 7 textbook work and Sparx maths. I am predicted all 9s and am on track to achieving them
Reply 9
Original post by Aditya8168
Regards,
Aditya Sista
Hi Aditiya,
I would suggest to use MathsGenie to become stronger in maths
My topics are
Thanks for all your help
Read the specification for those subjects
Original post by aaryan11
I personally do STP 7 textbook work and Sparx maths. I am predicted all 9s and am on track to achieving them
Hi there Aaryan I am not sure your predictions are correct. Could you tell me your last maths test score
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 12
Hi Aditiya,
I would suggest to use MathsGenie to become stronger in maths
The 1st set and 4th set of question in each topic are drastically different.
Original post by theANU
The 1st set and 4th set of question in each topic are drastically different.
Hi there I am interested in the meaning behind your name
Thanks
Hi is it realistic to aim for all 6s in gcse. My name is aryan and im not very clever any help will do
Original post by shaunak831
Hi there Aaryan I am not sure your predictions are correct. Could you tell me your last maths test score
Hellow There,
I achieved 51.5% in my recent test
Hellow There,
Hi is that an average of 2 tests or is it in one test
Hellow There,
Wow I achieved 51 and 52 in my EOYs. Im very proud of this as recently ive been getting neun und ein halb.
Reply 18
Austrailian National University, the finest specimen
Original post by grandmummyghost
Wow I achieved 51 and 52 in my EOYs. Im very proud of this as recently ive been getting neun und ein halb.
I believe someone recently got 3/10 in a Deutsch test

Quick Reply

Latest