The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
A friend of mine is German, Jewish and Japanese. He would back the Jews.
ashy
Why? If you're entirely Hungarian and live there?

Cos this country's political leadership rarely does anything good for the country. And I feel no patriotic allegiance to it. The UK has its faults, yus, but those that condemn it.. you try living here!
Reply 82
I'm half-Egyptian, half-English...I'd side with my Egyptian brethren.
Reply 83
wholenewworld
Cos this country's political leadership rarely does anything good for the country. And I feel no patriotic allegiance to it. The UK has its faults, yus, but those that condemn it.. you try living here!

This is true, actually, and it does seem that if you get a bunch of Hungarian 20 ish year olds in a room together, the conversation will turn to politics pretty quickly.
This is exactly why dual nationality shouldn't exist. First, because it puts certain people in a superior position to others, and, also, because it causes confusion in times of international conflict. How can someone with both an Afghani and British nationality be entirely loyal to one or the other? It should either be the case that you rescind your former nationality completely or that you keep it and stop calling yourself British.
Reply 85
Hmm a British/Dominican war.....I can't see it happening, i'd probably stay here because Dominica bores the tits off me
Reply 86
if israel and the uk had a war... i'd go to america :| but i'd probably side with whoever's position i agreed with most, funnily enough. then again, i'd hopefully get out in enough time to not have to take a side. it'd be a stupid war most likely. where would it be fought? peh.
I'd join the Welsh army and fight the English. I'd never want Wales to disappear, even though I'm only 1/4 Welsh and 3/4 English!
Reply 88
Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.
I am half chinese and half african.
why would the chinese fight with the africans, lol?
Anyways...I'd side with.........I don't know actually. Either side, I suppose.

Do you not know where in Africa you're from? :s-smilie:
Gueirguiy
Im 1/3 russian, 1/3 spanish and 1/3 english, but would opt for the spanish then russian and then english side.

How can you be a third something? One of your parents must have been born to an incestuous relationship, surely?
Stay with England, I'm half Lebanese, but apart from the desire to learn Arabic, I have no ties to Lebanon.
Reply 91
Antimatter
Stay with England, I'm half Lebanese, but apart from the desire to learn Arabic, I have no ties to Lebanon.

#In the trail of fire I know we will be free again. In the end we will be one. In the trail of fire I'll burn before you bury me: set your sights for the suuuuun.#

ashy
#In the trail of fire I know we will be free again. In the end we will be one. In the trail of fire I'll burn before you bury me: set your sights for the suuuuun.#

That added absolutely NOTHING to this thread WHATSOEVER!

Wait, this is TSR :p:
Reply 93
Well considering I'm 1/4 northern Irish the rest English, I can't see it being a problem. Besides, I know nothing about the Irish side of the family.

However if it comes down to North vs South England I may have a problem. My whole family is from the north but I was born and raised down south. I don't really know which I'd chose to be honest, probably the side I agreed with most although I'd lean more towards the Northern side. Perhapse I could be a spy or something since I have the south east accent....
ashy
This is true, actually, and it does seem that if you get a bunch of Hungarian 20 ish year olds in a room together, the conversation will turn to politics pretty quickly.

Hmm.. yeah that might very well happen. And there are quite a few who feel rather strongly about past grievances, members of our generation, but still pining after the pre-Trianon great Hungary.
Oh dear... just .. move .. on.
Reply 95
ozmas12
what difference does it make, if ur dad is 100% columbian, u r half columbian. Ethnicity or nationality all the same to me

Well, they're not the same.
EskimoJo
Do you not know where in Africa you're from? :s-smilie:

Oops...i was tired! :o: i know Africa is not a country :biggrin:
Reply 97
necessarily benevolent
This is exactly why dual nationality shouldn't exist. First, because it puts certain people in a superior position to others, and, also, because it causes confusion in times of international conflict. How can someone with both an Afghani and British nationality be entirely loyal to one or the other? It should either be the case that you rescind your former nationality completely or that you keep it and stop calling yourself British.

It's more than possible, maybe you should talk to 'other' people more who are of dual nationalities, before you talk about things you don't understand ... ?
Reply 98
LizB
Well considering I'm 1/4 northern Irish the rest English, I can't see it being a problem. Besides, I know nothing about the Irish side of the family.

However if it comes down to North vs South England I may have a problem. My whole family is from the north but I was born and raised down south. I don't really know which I'd chose to be honest, probably the side I agreed with most although I'd lean more towards the Northern side. Perhapse I could be a spy or something since I have the south east accent....

Couldn't you convince the rest of your family to move to the South. I mean, you'd have the Queen and everything there :rolleyes:
Reply 99
I am half Croatian and half Serbian and these to countries are in some kind of a war since I was born, even today there are Croats who despise Serbs and Serbs who would kill a Croat just because of their nationality. I even have Serbian friends who hate Croats. However, I have never been like this (you can see why) and don't feel like being a part of any of these countries. I was born in Yugoslavia, I belong in Yugoslavia.
What I am saying is that war doesn't have to be a part of us or influence us at all. You are ozmas12 and picking this nickname on some forum tells me much more about you than the fact you are from England, Spain or El Dorado.

So, even if there is a war, you don't have to be in it. It's their war, not yours.

Latest

Trending

Trending