The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I doubt it, but you might as well try. Do you know which colleges you might be applying to? Email their admissions tutors and see if they might let you have an early interview, or I think some colleges/courses have interviewers abroad (for overseas students...), so it might be possible.
Reply 2
Perhaps you could start travelling after the interview period? So Middle December / January. Also, you could come back in December for christmas with your family anyway and attend interview...
Reply 3
I've got a work placement abroad starting in January so any travelling has to be done beforehand. When do Oxbridge inteview November or December? I could get back in December (ask for the latest interview perhaps?) after a month of voluntary teaching in the the third world. But really I'd like to have spent 2-3 months out there.
Reply 4
I've got a work placement abroad starting in January so any travelling has to be done beforehand. When do Oxbridge inteview November or December? I could get back in December (ask for the latest interview perhaps?) after a month of voluntary teaching in the the third world. But really I'd like to have spent 2-3 months out there.
Reply 5
Spoon
For my gap year I'll be travelling to far away places starting October/November....
Probably will apply to Oxbridge and it will cost a fair deal if I have to come back briefly to interview... will they take that into consideration and perhaps give an early interview?

Phone them up now and say you are considering applying and explain your situation to them. You will never know if you don't ask and it could save you a lot of money.
Reply 6
As I remember, Oxford last year had a sort of interview timetable by subject/college in the back of their prospectus. It's not definite, but it should give you an idea. Oxford interviews are usually early to mid December. But definitely ask them.
Reply 7
If I can get a mid-December that would be ok I guess.... early December is definately going to be difficult. I shall phone them up soon.

Latest