The Student Room Group
Reply 1
i dont quite understand you! the only thing that makes these two different to anywhere else is that they are in london and offer a smaller selection of courses i.e lse only social science! just follow the same rules you would for oxford/cambridge/wawrick/durham/bristol etc or any other universities of similar prestige
Also, you can't study Politics on its own at UCL. At LSE it's called Government anyway...I assume it's similar to Politics degrees.
Reply 3
tom gavin
i dont quite understand you! the only thing that makes these two different to anywhere else is that they are in london and offer a smaller selection of courses i.e lse only social science! just follow the same rules you would for oxford/cambridge/wawrick/durham/bristol etc or any other universities of similar prestige

Um, UCL offers a huge range of courses? Hell, it offers BA Icelandic, for ****'s sake.

But as others have said, just do the same for the other unis. Have extra-cirricular activities, get good grades, be an interesting person.
Reply 4
What do you wanna apply for?
I want to apply for Law at UCL (sorry, I'm gonna hijack this thread)

On top of an interesting, unique personal statement what do they look for in the way of extra curricular stuff. TBH I'm yet to do anything, I'm gonna have to cram the start of my A2 year with stuff. I've had a week at Nottingham Crown Court in year 10 and that's it.
Reply 6
a_t
What do you wanna apply for?

for UCL i will be doing politics and eastern european studies adn for LSE i will be doing goverment.
al101
for UCL i will be doing politics and eastern european studies adn for LSE i will be doing goverment.

Politics and Eastern European Studies is known as quite an easy course to get into. One of my mates got rejected from Leeds to do Politics but got into UCL to give you an idea.
Reply 8
Communist Daughter
Politics and Eastern European Studies is known as quite an easy course to get into. One of my mates got rejected from Leeds to do Politics but got into UCL to give you an idea.

Is it? I remember reading that it was really difficult and that an AAA prediction was what was really required to get an offer.

edit: my bad, i was thinking about ESPS.
Get stellar grades, an excellent reference, and write a cracking PS.

Try not to worry about extra-curriculars except where they will aid your academic potential - read beyond your syllabus, try and see some governmental activity in action, think around political issues. Playing the trombone won't help.
Reply 10
Communist Daughter

is the course easy to get into because it isnt good or because it is not as popular as other courses
al101
is the course easy to get into because it isnt good or because it is not as popular as other courses

Courses that are well respected/employable usually attract the most applicants so difficult to get into/good course go hand in hand to some extent.

Latest

Trending

Trending