The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Does UCL care about GCSE grades as much as LSE?

Hi everyone,
Yesterday I got rejected from LSE for Politics and International Relations Bsc due to my GCSE grades not being "competitive" enough. My predicted grades are A*AA, I take maths, politics and geography a-levels and my GCSEs were 888888,7,6,5 ( with the 5 being French and the 6 being art). I am a young carer, living in a low income household, going to a college in a deprived area and I have several disabilities and am likely to get contextual offers. I have already gotten into KCL, Warwick and SOAS all on contextual offers, but only really care about going to LSE and UCL for my degree, obviously I cannot go to LSE now but I was wondering if anyone knew if UCL would act similarly towards my GCSE grades or if they are not as worried by GCSE grades as LSE. I just really want to prepare myself and get a good idea of whether I might actually get in. I have researched a lot online about this but could not find anything relevant apart from the fact that UCL requires grade 5s and up for core subjects (I got 8 for all my core subjects).
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi everyone,
Yesterday I got rejected from LSE for Politics and International Relations Bsc due to my GCSE grades not being "competitive" enough. My predicted grades are A*AA, I take maths, politics and geography a-levels and my GCSEs were 888888,7,6,5 ( with the 5 being French and the 6 being art). I am a young carer, living in a low income household, going to a college in a deprived area and I have several disabilities and am likely to get contextual offers. I have already gotten into KCL, Warwick and SOAS all on contextual offers, but only really care about going to LSE and UCL for my degree, obviously I cannot go to LSE now but I was wondering if anyone knew if UCL would act similarly towards my GCSE grades or if they are not as worried by GCSE grades as LSE. I just really want to prepare myself and get a good idea of whether I might actually get in. I have researched a lot online about this but could not find anything relevant apart from the fact that UCL requires grade 5s and up for core subjects (I got 8 for all my core subjects).

My daughter got an offer from UCL three years ago with worse GCSE grades than You
It was for a different course though. So I reckon it could still be possible
Did LSE say it was your GCSE grades or sometimes they just say personal statement? .Good luck
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending