The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

If you werent Bangladeshi I dhave a go at you for appalling grammar.

Someone would then say, "this is only a forum".

and Id hit them over the head with a mallet.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Phonicsdude
If you werent Bangladeshi I dhave a go at you for appalling grammar.

Someone would then say, "this is only a forum".

and Id hit them over the head with a mallet.

You missed an apostrophe. :smile:
matthieum
Lets have a funnier thread :smile:
How is night life near UCL? Are there many good clubs? pubs?
Is it a big rip off or can you get decent prices? How is the SU?

and on a completely different subject : which banks are near UCL?? :wink:

Aside from the banks and the potential therein...the nightlife near UCL is pretty impressive. I'm sure you will become familiar with the likes of The Roxy (formerly known as The Office), which is a notorious student haunt with rather good drink prices. I recommend it on a Wednesday... 'The Court' is equally reknown for its student clientele. Being a 'Scream' bar, you can get 25% off drinks prices. Always a bonus. There are also plenty of other pubs along Tottenham Court Rd and you could always venture to Camden. Club Koko is great, hosting NME night on a Thursday.
Reply 23
The Rocket on Euston Road (also a Scream pub) is better than The Court in my opinion - 'club' nights on Thursdays, Fridays, but especially Saturdays, are good! :biggrin:

The Roxy is at its best on Wednesday, but I prefer Cheapskates' student night on a Wednesday, which is just off Charing Cross Road.
theaman
The Rocket on Euston Road (also a Scream pub) is better than The Court iin my opinion - 'club' nights on Thursdays, Fridays, but especially Saturdays, are good! :biggrin:

The Roxy is at its best on Wednesday, but I prefer Cheapskates' student night on a Wednesday, which is just off Charing Cross Road.

Cheapskates? (shudders).

Boardwalk on a Monday is popular.2 for 1 on cocktails!
Reply 25
MissBrightside
Cheapskates? (shudders).

Boardwalk on a Monday is popular.2 for 1 on cocktails!

£1 a beer in Cheapskates, decent music, thats all fine by me! :biggrin:

As for Boardwalk, heard about it, but not relly cocktails person. But I think I will still check it out next year - if I haven't got early starts on Tuesday again!
theaman
£1 a beer in Cheapskates, decent music, thats all fine by me! :biggrin:

As for Boardwalk, heard about it, but not relly cocktails person. But I think I will still check it out next year - if I haven't got early starts on Tuesday again!

Ah,you see...I'm not really a beer person. Hence the unappeal! You should def pay a visit though, usually packed fulll of peeps and it tends to play some cool tunes. Unfortunately, I didn't venture there often owing to dreaded property seminars on a Tuesday. Bah. Whoever said uni was all play?!
Reply 27
Bank robbery? Im in.. well as long as I dont get caught.
Reply 28
Scream pub

What's that????? :confused:
matthieum
Scream pub

What's that????? :confused:

'Scream' pubs are those which cater especially for students. They allow you to purchase a yellow membership card for £1....entitling you to discounts on drinks. This card can be used in any other Scream pubs, which can be found in lots of other 'university towns'.
Reply 30
MissBrightside
Ah,you see...I'm not really a beer person. Hence the unappeal! You should def pay a visit though, usually packed fulll of peeps and it tends to play some cool tunes. Unfortunately, I didn't venture there often owing to dreaded property seminars on a Tuesday. Bah. Whoever said uni was all play?!

Well, I suppose we have to do a bit of work - and then just go straight back to the play after! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending