The Student Room Group

The Working At Asda Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Do seasonal staff get paid 4 weekly and what day/date of the month is pay day?
Original post by joesoap
Do seasonal staff get paid 4 weekly and what day/date of the month is pay day?

Everyone gets paid 4 weekly and next payday is 17th december. Then just add 4 weeks to that to find out all others... I set up my phone calender to do it for me...
Reply 182
Hello, I recently popped into my local ASDA store to inquire whether they have any jobs going at the moment, the person i spoke to said they are recruiting and that i should check on the website. However, when i got home and looked on the ASDA recruitment website, it said that no jobs were available in my area, so could you please help me.
...I have been checkout trained and I have forgotten most of the things...

Ok, how do you over-write price of a reduced item...I kept pressing wrong buttons XD
Also, how do you do the whole top-up phone things? I know there is an active button somewhere... D;

Also, how do you do a gift receipt?...

I am quite terrible at my job tbh :'(

You served 6 people? I had so many...people just never stop coming to my checkout lol. For like 4-5 hours I was working, I didn't have period where there is no one at the till :'(

I swear I had the runner coming over all the time -_-
Tbh, stop worrying about tills. You'll be bad at them for your first few weeks and no one will care. Don't worry about making mistakes.

It's great working on other departments as whenever you get put on tills you have a good excuse for being terrible. I suck on tills and have worked at asda for 2.5 years, done tills for probably over 100 hours easily but am still terrible...
Reply 185
Original post by Wanischa

Ok, how do you over-write price of a reduced item...I kept pressing wrong buttons XD
Also, how do you do the whole top-up phone things? I know there is an active button somewhere... D;

Also, how do you do a gift receipt?...

I am quite terrible at my job tbh :'(

You served 6 people? I had so many...people just never stop coming to my checkout lol. For like 4-5 hours I was working, I didn't have period where there is no one at the till :'(

I swear I had the runner coming over all the time -_-

ah it was cause it was snowing a LOT, all buses/trains were off and not many people were in except those in walking distance, plus i was at a till waaay at the back
i've decided not to worry, i'm doing 7 hours today but it's so snowy it should hopefully be quiet and i can learn at a nice reasonable pace :smile:
Reply 186

You just press the price override buttton (on the right hand side), it will then tell you to enter a reason code, i think it should be the same that i was told which is 4, then you enter the reduced price.

...Also, how do you do a gift receipt?...

You press the "gift receipt button" on the right hand side before scanning the item, that's it.:smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by 257532
You just press the price override buttton (on the right hand side), it will then tell you to enter a reason code, i think it should be the same that i was told which is 4, then you enter the reduced price.

I'm not sure about this one but yeah you press the "action code" button first, then a number, i think it might be 4 too or 6?? and have to go through a list on the screen.

You press the "gift receipt button" on the right hand side before scanning the item, that's it.:smile:

I think the 4 stands for the produce department so it might not always be 4, but then you don't really need to do price overrides anywhere else so I'm sure it won't really matter if you put the odd thing under the wrong department.
Reply 188
Original post by callum9999
I think the 4 stands for the produce department so it might not always be 4, but then you don't really need to do price overrides anywhere else so I'm sure it won't really matter if you put the odd thing under the wrong department.

I'm not sure but I think as it's a reason code it might not be by department but by reason for the price reduction. Doesn't really matter though as you say.
Reply 189
Hi, i attended an asda magic interview bascially the group interview thing, and have heard no word back, although we were told we would know by email if unsuccesful or a phone call if succesful after 2weeks, its nearly been three weeks and i was wondering do you know what that means? thanks
Reply 190
What is the definition of "seasonal staff"? My wife recently applied and was successful for a Permanent position, or so the application said but is being employed as "seasonal".
Original post by laurae135
Hi, i attended an asda magic interview bascially the group interview thing, and have heard no word back, although we were told we would know by email if unsuccesful or a phone call if succesful after 2weeks, its nearly been three weeks and i was wondering do you know what that means? thanks

Ring them up or email them. Could be anything...

Original post by joesoap
What is the definition of "seasonal staff"? My wife recently applied and was successful for a Permanent position, or so the application said but is being employed as "seasonal".

Seasonal normally means just holiday hours, Christmas/Easter/Summer but normally you can do overtime during the rest of the year and i don't know about other stores but there's normally plenty of overtime going at my store. You can easily pick up many more hours whenever you want during the rest of the year.

Seasonal is normally students, like me, that live at uni during term time then work back at store near our parents during holidays...
Original post by 257532

I'm not sure about this one but yeah you press the "action code" button first, then a number, i think it might be 4 too or 6?? and have to go through a list on the screen.

You are awesome and I think I love you XD
I have to work in like an hour lol.

I have a feeling that the number you press is always 4...
Reply 193
Just came back from the group assesment then and they said that everyone will be invited back for a one to one interview. What does this interview consist of? Thanks
Reply 194
top ups are 55 - action code not 4 i don't think, even though I've been told 4 is the magic number for everything :tongue: if in doubt check that lovely book that tells you everything...

it went muuuuch better than i thought, i got a few rude customers but the customers behind them took the rip out of them for being nasty to the "new wee girl"
and i only made one mistake in 7 hours that needed a runner over :biggrin: yaaay
Reply 195
Original post by conway!
top ups are 55 - action code not 4 i don't think, even though I've been told 4 is the magic number for everything :tongue: if in doubt check that lovely book that tells you everything...

it went muuuuch better than i thought, i got a few rude customers but the customers behind them took the rip out of them for being nasty to the "new wee girl"
and i only made one mistake in 7 hours that needed a runner over :biggrin: yaaay

Congratulations, sounds like you're a natural :smile:
Reply 196
Just passed my asda magic interview today got a phone call to come back in 2 hours!!! For a second interview help!!! What sort of questions is the manager gonna ask?? Any advice please
Thanks in advance :-)
Reply 197
Original post by Smilez90
Just passed my asda magic interview today got a phone call to come back in 2 hours!!! For a second interview help!!! What sort of questions is the manager gonna ask?? Any advice please
Thanks in advance :-)

A second interview is essentially a "you have the job, what hours would you like"

They'll ask simple stuff, if theres a gap in education/employment what were you doing, what are your strengths and weaknesses, what did you do last to further yourself. Those kind of things, nothing too complex :smile:

Let us know how it goes :smile:
Reply 198
Doe anyone have a colleague handbook available and can tell me what it says about bank holidays? Our store is saying they are opening on boxing day (entirely voluntary apparently) but because of this they will not recognise Tuesday 28th as a bank holiday.
Reply 199
Original post by Richo_EFC
Just came back from the group assesment then and they said that everyone will be invited back for a one to one interview. What does this interview consist of? Thanks

Short interview with department manager who will ask a few of those "can you tell me about a time when...." questions. Then sorting out what hours you are to do etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending