The Student Room Group

Asda Job offer or not?

I applied for a job at Asda yesterday. Got a brief phone call today asking me about my experience and availability. Then got told to come in tomorrow with my NI number and passport. Does this mean I have the job or not. They weren't clear at all, anyone else been through the same situation?
Reply 1
what kind of job did you apply for asda ?
it might be for an interview?? maybe
Reply 3
Original post by cvgk
what kind of job did you apply for asda ?

store assistant
Reply 4
I know this is quite late but how did the process go?? I am in the same situation currently and I don’t really know what to expect when I go in. Thank you!
Original post by A_abel
I know this is quite late but how did the process go?? I am in the same situation currently and I don’t really know what to expect when I go in. Thank you!

I have been in the same situation a year ago. I think that you were invited for a work trial. When they invited me for a work trial, they have asked me to provide a NI and passport as well. However, this does not mean that you got the job. After I finished the work trial they haven't contacted me about my application and just used me for free labour. When you go in, they will most likely ask you to work for an hour for free. After that, they may or may not contact you. The best thing that you can do now is try your best if they do ask you to work for free. If they like what they see then they will be sure to get in touch with you.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 6
Original post by username6011239
I have been in the same situation a year ago. I think that you were invited for a work trial. When they invited me for a work trial, they have asked me to provide a NI and passport as well. However, this does not mean that you got the job. After I finished the work trial they haven't contacted me about my application and just used me for free labour. When you go in, they will most likely ask you to work for an hour for free. After that, they may or may not contact you. The best thing that you can do now is try your best if they do ask you to work for free. If they like what they see then they will be sure to get in touch with you.

It’s been 9 days that I went for the interview. Does it mean i have not been successful?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending