The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Julii92
Apologies if this is a stupid question, but can chartered engineers with Ph.D's really earn that sort of money after 10+ years? Is that a consequence of moving upwards into increasingly managerial positions?

No, he is delusional. Just like 90% of the other people on this thread.
Reply 321
Original post by Electronica
So you've not finished (probably not started) university and are already planning your PhD. Excellent. :cool: Someone has a very unrealistic impression of how difficult an engineering degree actually is. :rolleyes: Also, good luck in the aerospace industry with such a poor economy. :biggrin:

Average salary for engineering graduates is around £45,000. A PhD doesn't make that much of a difference either.

At the peak of my own engineering career I expect to earn 50-75k. Which if you take into consideration inflation (4%? 4.5%?) will probably end up around 95-145k. But I expect that the poll meant pre inflation.

hahaha dickhead!!!! yes i have, im second year, anyway ill be in america by that time where they earn about that much, you actually think i'd still be living here in a country where engineers are not even recognised and get low pay? no way sir
Original post by Electronica
No, he is delusional. Just like 90% of the other people on this thread.

Why delusion and not ambition? I know I would rather be seen as 'delusional' than settle with what the average person deems 'realistic'.
Original post by Goku101
hahaha dickhead!!!! yes i have, im second year, anyway ill be in america by that time where they earn about that much, you actually think i'd still be living here in a country where engineers are not even recognised and get low pay? no way sir

That's true, UK don't pay engineers enough. I assume you would do aerospace PhD in America as I don't think we have any top schools for that (even though quite a few uni's offer it).

Latest

Trending

Trending