The Student Room Group

A level choice help needed please!

Hey, I'm currently listed as taking history, biology, economics and English lot for A level however I now want to change economics to chemistry but I was wondering whether I'd be at a disadvantage for applying to uni courses because not all my A levels compliment each other :/ If anyone has any idea whether it would then please let me know.
Thanks, :smile:
From what I've seen people haven't had trouble with doing different A levels. At least it shows that you're gifted in different areas. I had a friend who did art, physics, drama and economics. She had plenty of offers.

I think it depends on what you're hoping to study at university. It may be hard to explain in your personal statement why you picked the subjects you did and how it has helped prepare you.
Your options aren't THAT unrelated to each other; you have English Lit and History which link very well, and then Biology and Chemistry go together too. So although you have two arts subjects and two sciences, I think it gives you a good mix of broad, traditional subjects :smile:

Do you have any ideas what you want to study at university?
If you're looking to study Chemistry at university, A Level Maths would help a lot, or so I've heard. Personally I'd do a different subject to English Lit - it's not incredibly well regarded, and it's difficult to teach well so there are no guarantees that your teachers will be any good.

Quick Reply

Latest