The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6320
Hi there people ,

I have an interview on Thursday for a Customer care assistant role.

I have two questions:

1. Is my age going to stop me from getting the job? I'm 16 but i don't reach school leaving age until the end of June , would they offer me the position and then wait for me to reach school leaving age?

2. I've been told on the email i received that i need to take in some documentation to show i'm eligible to work. There's also a document attached to the email but it is slightly confusing. So i was wondering whether my passport , birth certificate and National insurance number be enough?

Thank you :smile:
Reply 6321
Original post by temp
In theory you can also ask the shift manager to keep any valuables in the safe during your shift. However this is probably more hassle than its worth.

Or just keep your phone in your trouser pockets depending on what your store is like.

Original post by Hero-H
Hi there people ,

I have an interview on Thursday for a Customer care assistant role.

I have two questions:

1. Is my age going to stop me from getting the job? I'm 16 but i don't reach school leaving age until the end of June , would they offer me the position and then wait for me to reach school leaving age?

2. I've been told on the email i received that i need to take in some documentation to show i'm eligible to work. There's also a document attached to the email but it is slightly confusing. So i was wondering whether my passport , birth certificate and National insurance number be enough?

Thank you :smile:

I don't think the age should be a problem, they've given you an interview after all.

If you're a British citizen then a valid passport and National Insurance number will be sufficient.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6322
I am indeed a British citizen :smile: Thanks for that! Just hope i get the job now :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Oh good lord...I knew this was going to happen like...but still - I get to work the first day the new till system comes in :/ will be my first shift in like two weeks as well...nice managers all day though so in theory should be a good shift :smile:

On a slightly related note...anyone managed to finish that till game?? It keeps crashing on me and I can only get about 5 done :/
Reply 6324
Original post by Anna-Jack-Hope
Oh good lord...I knew this was going to happen like...but still - I get to work the first day the new till system comes in :/ will be my first shift in like two weeks as well...nice managers all day though so in theory should be a good shift :smile:

On a slightly related note...anyone managed to finish that till game?? It keeps crashing on me and I can only get about 5 done :/

We've just had it installed, I've used it before though so have a bit of a headstart. :smile: It isn't that bad to be honest, the till game makes it seem a lot worse! It just takes a bit of getting used to and hopefully the managers will understand.
Original post by Anna-Jack-Hope

Haha I have somehow managed it :tongue: but then again we've had the till system since like February/March or something so I'm fine at using it ! The game does make it seem a lot worse than it actually is, making you do things in a particular order when you can do it much quicker your own way :tongue:
Speaking of till game, take a look at this.
What am I doing wrong? Bearing in mind I've never worked on front..

1.png
Reply 6327
Original post by LeeStrong
Speaking of till game, take a look at this.
What am I doing wrong? Bearing in mind I've never worked on front..

1.png

I think you need to press 'Clear Choice' (while having the Happy Meal selected on the order window), and a box pops up where you can clear the fries. Then press Fruit Bag and it should add it.
Original post by tm00131
I think you need to press 'Clear Choice' (while having the Happy Meal selected on the order window), and a box pops up where you can clear the fries. Then press Fruit Bag and it should add it.

Thanks!
I've come to the conclusion that I would be shocking if I was put on front. She would have got fries and a fruit bag! :colondollar:
Reply 6329
Thanks!
I've come to the conclusion that I would be shocking if I was put on front. She would have got fries and a fruit bag! :colondollar:

Good thing with the new till system is it won't let you do that. The old (well current for a lot of stores), would let you put through breakfast meals with no drink, or selects without a dip, whereas now if it's missing when you try to total the order it asks you to put them in.

The till system is a bit overwhelming at first (both old and new) but after a few years of using it, I scare myself how my fingers move to the right button without me really thinking or looking. It just takes time to get used to.

Having used the new system (only for one shift), I think in the long run it's going to be a lot better. Which you'd hope would be the case as they're rolling it out nationwide. The whole system is much more intuitive and the grill system is much better. No more Big Macs no hashbrown coming through :biggrin: Only thing I don't like is only having one order shown rather than two but that me changeable.

I think new people who've not seen the old till system will find it quite intuitive to pick up.
Original post by tm00131
Good thing with the new till system is it won't let you do that. The old (well current for a lot of stores), would let you put through breakfast meals with no drink, or selects without a dip, whereas now if it's missing when you try to total the order it asks you to put them in.

The till system is a bit overwhelming at first (both old and new) but after a few years of using it, I scare myself how my fingers move to the right button without me really thinking or looking. It just takes time to get used to.

Having used the new system (only for one shift), I think in the long run it's going to be a lot better. Which you'd hope would be the case as they're rolling it out nationwide. The whole system is much more intuitive and the grill system is much better. No more Big Macs no hashbrown coming through :biggrin: Only thing I don't like is only having one order shown rather than two but that me changeable.

I think new people who've not seen the old till system will find it quite intuitive to pick up.

when will this be in all the stores?
Original post by tm00131

Hah, funniest one I seen was Hamburger No Milk. I should be starting work again soon and I'm unsure if I will be working on front instead of kitchen this time, which is why I was fooling around with that till game. I'm sure it's much more easier to use the actual till as there's no fixed sequence that must be used like on the game.
Does anyone have any advice on a killer response to when the interviewer asks you 'why do you want to work at McDonalds?'

it would be much appreciated
Reply 6333
:smile:
Has anyone seen their online application status as "on hold"? Bit confused as to what they mean by it ha!

:smile:
Okay so I had a first interview at mcdonalds with the 1st Assistant I believe it was, it went smoothly and she said that she would contact me if I was one of the successful applicants to go to the next stage, we shaked hands and then I left. 2 days later the same person called me on my mobile and invited me back for a second interview tomorow with the Store Manager. I am really confused why there is a second interview and if someone could tell me what to expect and what to take with me or how to be prepared then that would be fantastic! The only reason I am really confused is because in the first interview, I was asked questions about my life and what I would like to get out of Mcdonalds so I am wondering why there is a second interview :/
What's the deal with pay? I worked my first shift last wednesday, one on sunday just gone, one tomorrow and one a week on friday...

Will i be paid tomorrow for the two I've already done or the thursday after for the three I will have done?
Reply 6337
Original post by Seentje
when will this be in all the stores?

It's being rolled out over the next 12 months.

Hah, funniest one I seen was Hamburger No Milk. I should be starting work again soon and I'm unsure if I will be working on front instead of kitchen this time, which is why I was fooling around with that till game. I'm sure it's much more easier to use the actual till as there's no fixed sequence that must be used like on the game.

Yeh, the fixed sequence definitely makes it harder. It's good to have an idea of how the till works even if your in the kitchen, tend to understand what's going on a bit more.

Original post by JordanFountain
Okay so I had a first interview at mcdonalds with the 1st Assistant I believe it was, it went smoothly and she said that she would contact me if I was one of the successful applicants to go to the next stage, we shaked hands and then I left. 2 days later the same person called me on my mobile and invited me back for a second interview tomorow with the Store Manager. I am really confused why there is a second interview and if someone could tell me what to expect and what to take with me or how to be prepared then that would be fantastic! The only reason I am really confused is because in the first interview, I was asked questions about my life and what I would like to get out of Mcdonalds so I am wondering why there is a second interview :/

I had a second interview and it was just the store manager asking a couple of questions and I guess checking the original interviewer was choosing the right people.
Reply 6338
Original post by Steveluis10
What's the deal with pay? I worked my first shift last wednesday, one on sunday just gone, one tomorrow and one a week on friday...

Will i be paid tomorrow for the two I've already done or the thursday after for the three I will have done?

The next pay day is the 24th May, where were paid for 6th - 19th May.

So you'll be paid for everything apart from the one a week on Friday.
Hello guys. I had my second interview today and the lady said I'd be contacted in the next 48 hours. However, my email isn't working so I rang to give an additional email but the whole conversation was very misunderstood. Now I'm worrying that they won't be able to contact me as so far the whole process has been by email. What should I do?

Latest

Trending

Trending