The Student Room Group

Within how many years do you have to retake A Levels?

Hi,
I've been thinking about retaking my A Level French, however my question is that I first took it last summer (2011) and I would be interested in retaking it next summer (2013) so I was wondering if there's a set number of years that you have to retake it in? (eg. you can't retake if you did it more than a year ago)
Thanks!
Reply 1
*Bump*
Because I'd like to know too in case results go wrong come August haha
Reply 2
Original post by CatRox
Hi,
I've been thinking about retaking my A Level French, however my question is that I first took it last summer (2011) and I would be interested in retaking it next summer (2013) so I was wondering if there's a set number of years that you have to retake it in? (eg. you can't retake if you did it more than a year ago)
Thanks!

You can re-sit for as long as the specification lasts. Current specifications started in 2008 with AS exams available for the first time in 2009 and A2s in 2010. The plan is new specs start in 2014 for AS exams in 2015 and A2 exams in 2016. That means you should have until Jan 2015 to re-sit AS and Jan 2016 to re-sit A2.
Does anyone know if its still possible to do a A2 retake this summer if A2 was taken 2010 ??
Original post by SultansOfSwing
Does anyone know if its still possible to do a A2 retake this summer if A2 was taken 2010 ??

It really depends on the subject. You can as long as the spec hasn't changed, which I don't think it will have.
Reply 5
Original post by SultansOfSwing

Yes, it's OK for all subjects. Everything but Maths (and Applied GCEs I think) was new in 2010 and hasn't changed since. Maths still hasn't changed.

Quick Reply

Latest