The Student Room Group

Switching course - eligibility for finance - 5yrs total

Hi,

Need a bit of advice. I've just completed the 1st year of my physics degree, and passed with a higher mark than I expected. As such, the department will allow me to switch my course from the 3 year BSc that I'm currently enrolled on to a 4 year MPhys (masters) course that they offer. Simple enough and finance wouldn't be a problem for the extra year....BUT, my current BSc course is already a 4 year degree with an integrated foundation year that I completed summer 2011 (the course code indicates 4yrs and SFE are currently funding me for the 4 years)

So essentially if I switch to this MPhys degree I will need 5 years in total of finance. I don't know the regulations very well, and don't know how student finance will consider the change (i.e. how it fits into their framework for entitlement). All I know is that the physics department at the university considers it a change of course from the 3yr BSc to the 4 year MPhys.

I'd really appreciate any help or advice as to how my integrated foundation year affects my entitlement to finance if I switch to MPhys.

Thanks in advance!
Reply 1
You can get funding for length of course+1-previous study.
Reply 2
So do you know how that works in this situation? When I'm not starting a new course, but basically 'upgrading' my course to include an additional year

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending