The Student Room Group

swapping to PWC degree apprenticeship for reading

Hello,

i was accepted into reading but i was wondering if could do really welll in Accounting and finance for first year then for second year transfer to the accounting and business flying start degree which reading provides. i was wondering if that is possible or not

thank you
Original post by Sohail Z
Hello,

i was accepted into reading but i was wondering if could do really welll in Accounting and finance for first year then for second year transfer to the accounting and business flying start degree which reading provides. i was wondering if that is possible or not

thank you

No you will be unable to switch onto that programme. That programme is highly competitive and involves going through the recruitment process with PwC (interview, tests, assessment centre). You must get an offer from both Reading University and PwC to be accepted onto that course.
Reply 2
Original post by EDUCAREERUK
No you will be unable to switch onto that programme. That programme is highly competitive and involves going through the recruitment process with PwC (interview, tests, assessment centre). You must get an offer from both Reading University and PwC to be accepted onto that course.

I did get accepted to that degree. I passed all the necessary interviews and so on I was just one grade off. Wouldn’t that make it easier for me to be accepted?
I did get accepted to that degree. I passed all the necessary interviews and so on I was just one grade off. Wouldn’t that make it easier for me to be accepted?

What did you apply for?
1) BSc Accounting and Finance or 2) BA Accounting and Business - The Flying Start Degree Programme.

It seems like you applied to the Programme 2, but did not get in because you missed the offer grade. Then you got into Programme 1 through clearing. You cannot switch to this programme in Year 2, because it involves not just Reading University, but also PwC. If you want to apply for Programme 2, you must meet the grade requirements (AAB) and also pass the assessments and tests with PwC and be applying for entry in Year 1.

Another reason you would not be able to switch to this programme is that the structure of the course is different. The modules will vary (Programme 2 is highly aligned to ICAEW's specification, with 12 exemptions, whereas in Programme 1, you will work at a slower pace and only be eligible for a maximum of 8 exemptions. In addition, you will have various placements across Programme 2.

The best solution for you if you are desperate to enter Programme 2 is to reapply (and retake some A-Level exams).
(edited 8 months ago)
Hello,

thank you

Hey @Sohail Z

Congratulations on being accepted!
Unfortunately, I'm not sure that that would work as the PWC course is currently full and the course structures may be different, which would make it difficult to switch mid-study.

Your best bet for the most helpful advice for this, would be to contact the admissions team directly on +44 (0) 118 378 8372 or [email protected].

Sorry this is not the most helpful response, but the admissions team will be able to give you a much clearer idea on any options you might have.

Good luck!
Skye :smile:
3rd Year Speech and Language Therapy Student

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending