The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Zoedotdot
Oh my golly gosh, I loved La de Bringas. Do you know what your essay title is? I did one on how fashion was intrinsic to understanding the position of women or something, it was the first essay I actually enjoyed writing here. I read it in English as well as Spanish though - my friend had an English translation from the MML library, are there none available there? :confused:

After getting up at 8.45, I still made it to my 9am :smile: And spent the lecture simultaneously taking notes and learning ALL of my case endings for Russian. And am now going to do some Russian translation and recap case endings and then maybe even make a start on the Spanish translations that aren't due until next Monday. Productive day :biggrin:

i dont understand, newton told me there was only one copy in the UL. ill have to try again. i feel like a failure when it comes to these things, i never understand how stuff works. its so complicated!

EDIT: ok i just looked again and yes you're right, the MML library does have a copy, but its already on loan and someone else already has a request on it. i think i'd be better off going to the UL tomorrow and spending all day reading it in english, and then i have my own spanish copy to work with afterwards
scarlet ibis
so who is actually going? There's a chance we might make it...

I will be :smile: It'd be great if you did ccome, the more the merrier :biggrin: (within Clare College regs obviously) :flute:
Reply 1082
I'm really looking forward to tonight. Am I lame? :o:
No :smile: I'm looking forward to it too, it will be my first primarily social event since, uh, the last meet :o:
minimo
I'm really looking forward to tonight. Am I lame? :o:

If that makes you lame then I think it makes me lame as well, as I'm also looking forward to it!

Make sure that discussion of the precise details are done via PM and Facebook! Make sure no one mentions any room numbers on the public forum! :smile: (I'm quite a private person, as you probably remember from all of my "Aha! I shall not reveal my identity!" rubbish last year, hehe).
Reply 1085
Chess Piece Face
If that makes you lame then I think it makes me lame as well, as I'm also looking forward to it!

Make sure that discussion of the precise details are done via PM and Facebook! Make sure no one mentions any room numbers on the public forum! :smile: (I'm quite a private person, as you probably remember from all of my "Aha! I shall not reveal my identity!" rubbish last year, hehe).

That's fine with me :smile:

Can I just confirm that there will be people outside the UL at 7.30?
Chess Piece Face

I still don't know why you did that :p: You were obviously Clare or Emma though.
scarlet ibis
so who is actually going? There's a chance we might make it...

I can't make it tonight; I'm being dragged out to the "pit of hell" as Craghyrax put it. :p:
minimo
That's fine with me :smile:

Can I just confirm that there will be people outside the UL at 7.30?

I'm pretty sure there will be. The West Wing knows a bit more about the exact meet-up details than I do but I'm 90% sure that's what's happening. :smile:

ukebert
I still don't know why you did that :p: You were obviously Clare or Emma though.

To tell you the truth, I don't know exactly why I did that either! I may have had a reason at one point but then it just became like a game... in hindsight it was really stupid. I feel embarrassed about that now... :o:
Chess Piece Face
I'm pretty sure there will be. The West Wing knows a bit more about the exact meet-up details than I do but I'm 90% sure that's what's happening. :smile:

To tell you the truth, I don't know exactly why I did that either! I may have had a reason at one point but then it just became like a game... in hindsight it was really stupid. I feel embarrassed about that now... :o:

Games are good :smile: Take it from me :wink:

You ceilidhing tomorrow? New Hall dome?
ukebert
Games are good :smile: Take it from me :wink:

You ceilidhing tomorrow? New Hall dome?

Nah, I know they've got a very laid-back attitude but I still don't feel confident enough with the songs. Hopefully I'll be confident enough to play one before the end of term. I'll probably go to the Union instead. :smile:
Chess Piece Face
Nah, I know they've got a very laid-back attitude but I still don't feel confident enough with the songs. Hopefully I'll be confident enough to play one before the end of term. I'll probably go to the Union instead. :smile:

:eek:

This is THE ceilidh band social of the year! It isn't a public ceilidh, it's just all the band members having a ceilidh all of our own. You should come :frown: Nobody cares about your playing, they put up with me making a compplete hash of Scottish Reels 5 the other day in a real gig :p:
Reply 1092
I'm afraid I won't be able to make it tonight, as tempting as wagamamas is!

And I am so angry. My bike has been stolen. From the Newnham bike shed, where it was padlocked to the railings. I am so cross. It would also be the day where I NEED it in order to make the journdey from St Johns to Newnham in a ridiculously short amount of time :mad:
Reply 1093
Oooh, can I come :smile: ? I'm not 100% sure I can make it, but I'd try to...

1930 @ Clare Mem Court, is that right? Where exactly in Mem Court? I think I roughly now where the Porter's Lodge is... is there an entrance from the cycleway that runs past the UL as well?

edit: lauuuura, sorry to hear about your bike :frown: . I don't understand how they steal them out of college bike sheds... was it a new one or a used one?
Reply 1094
lauuuura
I'm afraid I won't be able to make it tonight, as tempting as wagamamas is!

And I am so angry. My bike has been stolen. From the Newnham bike shed, where it was padlocked to the railings. I am so cross. It would also be the day where I NEED it in order to make the journdey from St Johns to Newnham in a ridiculously short amount of time :mad:

:frown: That's terrible - I came 'round to see if you wanted to borrow mine, but I was probably too late.

I hope you get it back :frown:
Craghyrax
college parents

You were right by the way :p: Over the last 3 days the entire year has spontaneously paired up, presumably when I was playing Bridge/Morris :dry:

Ah well. There wasn't anyone that I really knew well enough to do that anyway. It takes me a while to make friends, and I see the majority of mmy year very seldomly.
lavalse
i dont understand, newton told me there was only one copy in the UL. ill have to try again. i feel like a failure when it comes to these things, i never understand how stuff works. its so complicated!

EDIT: ok i just looked again and yes you're right, the MML library does have a copy, but its already on loan and someone else already has a request on it. i think i'd be better off going to the UL tomorrow and spending all day reading it in english, and then i have my own spanish copy to work with afterwards

Ah, that would explain it. I read the first half in Spanish, then finished it in English, wrote my essay and read the second half in Spanish before my supervision. I think it's practically impossible to get through just reading it in Spanish, there's so much technical vocab and description - especially the first (very strange!) chapter :smile:

I have to read Cien Anos de Soledad this week. I managed to get through the whole of Lazarillo de Tormes on Saturday, somehow, but I think Garcia Marquez might tip the balance of sanity for me :s-smilie: Should probably get cracking actually!

Re the meet: I realise I haven't actually said, but I can't make it because I have collegey plans - it's my first vaguely relaxed night all week so I'm doing stuff with my friends here (like Desperate Housewives drinking games :teeth:). Maybe next time though :smile:
Reply 1097
Y__
Oooh, can I come :smile: ? I'm not 100% sure I can make it, but I'd try to...

1930 @ Clare Mem Court, is that right? Where exactly in Mem Court? I think I roughly now where the Porter's Lodge is... is there an entrance from the cycleway that runs past the UL as well?

edit: lauuuura, sorry to hear about your bike :frown: . I don't understand how they steal them out of college bike sheds... was it a new one or a used one?

I don't know either. My basket is still there tho, which is some consolation. Although, I haven't quite perfected the art of cycling on a basket...

K.T.
That's terrible - I came 'round to see if you wanted to borrow mine, but I was probably too late.

I hope you get it back

Thanks! But I posted after i'd actually made the journey. I then had another lecture, so that's probably where I was. Oh, how i hate wednesdays.

See you for the seminar.....

Edit: KT, just got an email saying the seminar is cancelled. Guess I won't be seeing you then!
Is anyone else planning to get Chinese tonight? Just so I know what I'm doing. Also, Craggy will you be there? I can return your book.
I don't know what I'm doing. I will probably have a sandwich here (I've already eaten at hall once today, and the standard that it is at the moment, that's enough) and then eat lots of goodies at the meet.

Which reminds me, I need to buy bread :vroam:

Latest

Trending

Trending