The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Craghyrax
No. Lieschtenstein.

Aaaak! Lecture thingy - must get dressed :vroam:

I cannot believe that after all these years you still cannot spell Liechtenstein :dry:
Reply 2321
Craghyrax
As said above - yes they do. As long as you mean debit, not Visa Electron or somesuch nonsense. Most student accounts provide debit though.

Cool, thanks.

*shops* :creep:
To be fair, the reason Peterhouse rents went up that much is that a rent freeze from several years ago expired this year.
Reply 2323
Mmm. It might be an obvious point to make, but percetage increases are really pretty meaningless if you want to compare colleges. You need the actual (average) room prices.
Craghyrax
What? :p: You charge someone for maintaining the kitchen and paying the staff to prepare the food (KFC), you then charge extre for the food itself... bump up the price to match rising living costs and then bump it up again for absolutely no reason at all, bearing no relation to any external rise in costs, and purely because you know your clients can't do a thing about it...

Isn't KFC for the kitchen facilities you get, rather than for funding the canteen or whatever? It is at Magdalene, anyway.

On an unrelated note, I'm loving this status game thing that's sweeping the Cambridge network on facebook:

Rules:
* Grab the book closest to you. Now.
* Go to page 56.
* Find the 5th sentence.
* Write that sentence as your status.
* Copy these instructions as a comment to your status.
* Don't go looking for your favourite book, or the coolest one you have -- just grab the closest one.

Was "This reoccurrence of a common output factor which guides different rules, without being explicitly stated in the rules, is called a conspiracy," for me. :p:
Reply 2325
Supergrunch
On an unrelated note, I'm loving this status game thing that's sweeping the Cambridge network on facebook:

:ditto:

Even better are the people who fail to get it and leave the quote as a comment on your status. *facepalm*
Supergrunch
Isn't KFC for the kitchen facilities you get, rather than for funding the canteen or whatever? It is at Magdalene, anyway.

Rules:
* Go to page 56.
* Find the 5th sentence.
* Don't go looking for your favourite book, or the coolest one you have -- just grab the closest one.

Was "This reoccurrence of a common output factor which guides different rules, without being explicitly stated in the rules, is called a conspiracy," for me. :p:

Mine was 'Bueno, quedamos a las cinco, pero en caso de que no puedas venir, llámame por favor', which I suppose is the kind of banality you get from books entitled 'Uso de la gramática espanola'. Fun times.
Reply 2327
Supergrunch

Rules:
* Go to page 56.
* Find the 5th sentence.

"Even the most persistent undead ought to stay decently buried under that amount of traffic"

(yes, I am reading Pratchett as an intermittent distraction from trying to edit the contributions of my fellow group members into a somewhat coherent essay on international environmental law. I HATE group assessment - it would have been so much quicker and easier just to write the whole damn essay myself. Which I am now essentially doing, but trying to leave just enough of their content in it that it still counts as group work and the person assessing it won't get suspicious...)
Cheers guys :smile: I just had one amazing sleep! Now to kill two and a half hours before Pembroke formal.

:biggrin:
Supergrunch

No, it's to subsidise the running of the kitchens for hall - i think they're quite expensive places to run overall - hence the reason school canteens all over the country were closing down a few years ago. If it were for the gyp rooms i'd be expecting rather alot more than a cupboard with 2 hobs and a sink in it... :rolleyes:
Reply 2330
After staying strong since thursday, I have opened my Jaffa cakes :frown:
I need some kind of food.
hey guys my supervisor says she's put my supervision report on camsis but i cant for the life of me work out how to find it. does anyone know how?
Reply 2333
lavalse
hey guys my supervisor says she's put my supervision report on camsis but i cant for the life of me work out how to find it. does anyone know how?

www.camcors.cam.ac.uk then enter your raven ID and password. Your supervision reports will be on there but you won't be able to read them unless they have been "released" (i.e. your DoS has approved them).
lavalse

Your DoS has to ok the report for you to see. Before that happens you won't be able to find it.
jcb914
www.camcors.cam.ac.uk then enter your raven ID and password. Your supervision reports will be on there but you won't be able to read them unless they have been "released" (i.e. your DoS has approved them).

ahh thanks alot. i was looking on camsis lol!

my supervisor doesnt seem to have written anything at all interesting, hmmm
Reply 2336
lavalse
ahh thanks alot. i was looking on camsis lol!

my supervisor doesnt seem to have written anything at all interesting, hmmm

tbh most of them, especially in michaelmas, just write the same generic comment for basically everyone. Either that or they have a stock of 2/3 comments ranging from excellent-good-crap and then just pick and choose one depending on your performance/how much they like you.
Reply 2337
Who decides to release the reports, the supervisor or the DoS? One of mine is released, the ther two aren't.
Reply 2338
Scipio90
Who decides to release the reports, the supervisor or the DoS? One of mine is released, the ther two aren't.

DoS
Reply 2339
ukebert
Would it be innapropriate to bring some of this up with the Senior Tutor think you Craggy?

I had a TSR dream last night. So damn disturbing as well.

Bring it up with the JCR, and let them liase with college. Even with your college's JCR track record witch college-student communication, I'm sure they can still get the correct channels involved.

You, as am individual, will be pretty powerless when approaching the senior tutor, unless it's about personal finance issues...

Latest

Trending

Trending