The Student Room Group

How happy are you? On a scale of 1 to 10..

Scroll to see replies

Around 4-5 I guess. On a positive note everything with my partner is good now, I have my family and my pets. What's dragging me down is my OCD and the recent bouts of panick attacks that have started to plague me.
Probably 2 at the moment. Been getting depressed with all this uni work overlord and no job or anywhere to go when i finish in June. The fact im 5ft 4 means that always gets shoved in my face when i ask a girl out. So permanently reminded that im going to be alone for the rest of my days fun times. Hopefully things will improve soon before i give up completely.
Reply 122
I feel at the moment that my life is about 7 ^.^ great friends, warm home and food on the table
I'd give life an 8 right now - I've been sick basically since before Xmas but I'm finally a bit better now. Soooo weak though, but I've started eating more and got to the gym to build some strength so that's on its way! I've finished uni, passed my final exam last month. My relationship is as perfect as always *gets all soppy* :smile: I'm making new friends and I can actually talk to them. I'm thinking of setting up a business maybe and have a lot of motivation at the moment. I'm going home more often and getting on better with my family too.

My down points would be the lack of a job and money but then again I'm only out 3 months and I've been sick for most of that. I do get depressed every so often for no reason but not as much as I used to. Another thing in the last week to put a downer on my mood is the presence of a few *whispers* rodents in my flat *shudder* I hate hate hate them, they make me cry!!!! Also being really weak upsets me every now and then, I'm so impatient and this obviously isn't a quick fix problem. Everything is nearly perfect at the moment though.
(edited 13 years ago)
I reckon 8. Despite dissertation being due in 6 weeks.
2. I'm in my final year of University and seem to have lost motivation to do anything, including my dissertation. That and the fact that I have no plans for after I've graduated.
Reply 126
1/10

Would have chosen 0/10 but you said 1 to 10
Original post by Big Daddy Cool

But then again, if God exists, and has given you certain gifts, then surely he intended you to use them, so you shouldn't be happy until you have put them to good use, which is when I think my happiness will be around the 10 mark. Plus, isn't family meant to be very important in Catholicism?

the Lord will make you happy! the gifts you have are from the Lord alone and the fact that you have those gifts, whether or not you use them is enough to make you happy and turn your face unto the Lord in gratitude!!

family alone will not maximise your happiness. on ash wednesday the priest says 'Remember that thou art dust, and to dust thou shalt return. —Genesis 3:19 '

your family are great and love you but they are temoprary. they will become afflicted by ilness and old age and die. they are not perfect and you wil fight and disagree with them.

whereas the Lords love is unconditional and eternal and all enduring. even if you do something bad the Lord will frgive you. the Lord died for you for YOUR SINS!! many studies of dying folk found those who prayed and those who didnt died the same rate BUT those who prayed had much less anxiety and stress about dying and illness than those who didnt.
Probably a 3
8/10! I have good friends at uni, and all my uni work is going good so far!
Reply 130
8 and half :smile:
-amazing boyfriend
-no family probs
-college and placement going brill

-better friends, less two faced and just decent tbh :/
-more money please!
(edited 13 years ago)
A 1. Or if its possible 0.
Reply 132
id probably be about a 4 at the moment :/ just want to finish the last few months of my first year at uni so i can be back at home for summer and know im not going back to that uni - once i have my transfer confirmation in stone, itll be higher, and come may, when i do get to be at home (FINALLY! :biggrin: ) itll be at 10, because ill be looking forward to my holiday abroad with my bf and not having to go 2/3 weeks at a time without seeing him :smile:
4 or 5 I think. There's a hint of optimism in me for once - I may actually try and tell my doctor the truth about my mental health for once on Friday which would be a huge load off my mind.. Have just rearranged my room too which has made me smile.. Have just also written a list of all the tasks I need to do Uni-wise so maybe I might get somewhere... Only 5 because I'm blimmin starving and waiting for Tescos delivery!
Reply 134
It varies. I'd say it fluctuates between 4-7 on average. Might occasionally dip down to 2, or head up to 9.
Reply 135
5 would be higher but u c theres this girl.............
Original post by ritchie888
11. No point in being sad, people have it worse than me.

This, but because I'm also genuinely very happy,
Reply 137
Around 5.5

Years of work have finally paid off for me, so i'm pretty pleased atm :biggrin:

Used to be really depressed but i've learnt to make the most of things, and after the death of someone close i learnt how trivial some of the things i used to get upset about are, and now they don't get to me.
Original post by DeanK22
Most likely because you're pretty dull?

Whatever you say, honey.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending