The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I thought my store was good. Ah well. I get paid money and that's the main thing :smile:

At least you know now what a CSR is :tongue: (And so do I better now)
Reply 4461
Original post by Right Guard 3.D
What are the 12 ROIP systems?

Filling in this Apprenticeship diary and cannot find the answer anywhere. I only know the 3 main ones?
Planned and Daily Maintenance
Shift Management
Production Control

Help please? Crew Trainer? :tongue:

I have my Apprenticeship diary here and I've got Production, Service, and Shift Management as the three primary systems; CAMS (no idea what that is), Internal Communications, and Business Planning as the three management systems; and Health and Safety, Inventory Management, Training, People Practices, Food Safety, and Security as the six support systems. I'm guessing CAMS is the maintenance thing cause I've mentioned that later on. We have a big thing in our crew room explaining what ROIP is and which managers are in charge of each section, and it went up because of people doing the Apprenticeship complaining about not knowing what it was :p:
Original post by Ronda
I have my Apprenticeship diary here and I've got Production, Service, and Shift Management as the three primary systems; CAMS (no idea what that is), Internal Communications, and Business Planning as the three management systems; and Health and Safety, Inventory Management, Training, People Practices, Food Safety, and Security as the six support systems. I'm guessing CAMS is the maintenance thing cause I've mentioned that later on. We have a big thing in our crew room explaining what ROIP is and which managers are in charge of each section, and it went up because of people doing the Apprenticeship complaining about not knowing what it was :p:

Thanks so much! And we definitely don't have that poster. The only poster that can help people with the apprenticeship in our Crew Room is one that shows Career Development.

Thanks again :biggrin:

Edit: Ronda, do you have to staple parts of the Crew Handbook to your pages to show where you got your information from? Like referencing? I've been told yes and no from different people at my restaurant, so it would be interesting to see what other restaurants are making their Apprentices do. Thanks
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4463
Thanks so much! And we definitely don't have that poster. The only poster that can help people with the apprenticeship in our Crew Room is one that shows Career Development.

Thanks again :biggrin:

No problem. Yeah, one of our managers made it himself so you probably don't :p: I think too many people in our store doing the program were complaining about not knowing what it was haha.
I have a interview and a OJE. Can anyone tell me what this involves? Any tips would be greatly apprecated :-)
What are the 12 ROIP systems?

Filling in this Apprenticeship diary and cannot find the answer anywhere. I only know the 3 main ones?
Planned and Daily Maintenance
Shift Management
Production Control

Help please? Crew Trainer? :tongue:

They should be on a poster in the office maybe? Thats where ours was anyway!

First column: Production, Service, Shift Management
Second: Business Planning, Crew and Management Scheduling, Internal Communication
Last: Training, Safety and Security, Planned and Daily Maointenance, People Practices, Inventory Management, Food Safety.
Original post by TheCasual
I have a interview and a OJE. Can anyone tell me what this involves? Any tips would be greatly apprecated :-)

Look at the many previous questions about this. Search this post (Advanced Search) for Interview OJE as keywords...
Reply 4467
On holidays until 21st or 27th and I already miss the place.
Also realized workin at mcdonalds is giving me bad skin - I never had skin trouble before :biggrin:

question - how does your crew room look like? Just insterested if everyone's the same. A bunch of tables, chairs, tv and a pc (they added a second one in ours now, no idea why). I hate our lockers though, most of them can't even close properly -.-
Original post by Torrchy
Also realized workin at mcdonalds is giving me bad skin - I never had skin trouble before :biggrin:

question - how does your crew room look like? Just insterested if everyone's the same. A bunch of tables, chairs, tv and a pc (they added a second one in ours now, no idea why). I hate our lockers though, most of them can't even close properly -.-

seems pretty similar to our crew room.

Although our TV doesn't work as they never got us a freeview box after the switchover.:angry:
Reply 4469
Original post by Torrchy

2 tables, many chairs, a plant, a lot of posters, a tv, a PC that rarely works, an ironing board that no one uses, the electricity panel and a ton of bent lockers (most of them lock though because the broken locks were replaced) oh and a bin.

EDIT: Our TV does work but it loses signal constantly and some channels don't work. Dave works though :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4470
Sooo i've worked there over 2 months now and ive finally settled in and making friends. :smile: I really like it! I dont get why people have such a bad 'image' of people who work/and working at mcdonalds?! Its well better then my last job, and i used to work in a posh coffee bar/ drinks bar which everyone said they were jealous of me for but i HATED.
Reply 4471
How long does it normally take for time off to be granted? I applied for it on mctime.
Original post by Torrchy

Our crew room is 2 tables, about 8 chairs, 1 PC, a television and some lockers. As well as posters and the toilets.

In other news, asked for time off next thursday as its results day and I've bleeding well been given a shift :angry: Will have to sort this out, as next thursday may need a different use of my time which isnt work!
Reply 4473
Original post by Torrchy

Same really, we have a microwave in it which no one uses though and the toilets. Or lockers lock but the main lock is busted so anyone can open the full locker :tongue:

Original post by Abby :)
I really like it! I dont get why people have such a bad 'image' of people who work/and working at mcdonalds?! Its well better then my last job

I agree, I love working at McD's.
I think people just have a skewed perception of it in general, especially since a McJob is defined as 'an unstimulating, low-paid job with few prospects' aka every job on the high street then. Yet working at New Look/Costa/anywhere else is so much better despite the fact it'll be a similar wage.

Spoiler'd for the thread's viewing pleasure

Spoiler

It's just such a diverse job it's difficult for me not to like it. Ups and downs galore, it's very much what you make of it..
On one side "I'm stuck being a crew member in a multimillion dollar company for minimum wage"
On the other hand you have "I work for a global, multimillion dollar organisation with the ability to earn qualifications as I work and progress up the career ladder".

I suppose that'd a problem too, the public either deal with staff who hate their job, are in between or love it and bad service does so much more to the reputation of a company than any amount of good service. And that probably is why people have the views they do.
I've been served by people who don't have a clue what they're doing before, hell, half the staff at my store can't even make the double taste shakes correctly.
If you're a customer and you're presented with this then yeah, you probably would think that the person serving you is an idiot.

Spoiler

Especially since it's not hard to make them (and the public think our job is easy hence why when something goes wrong they think the staff are stupid blates)

/rant
Reply 4474
So yesterday was my fifth shift and I was asked to go on window one, where I was told that means you have to do the washing up. That's bull**** right? They were laughing about it to the others when they told me. I avoided it by saying that I had done close before and didn't wash up but then later on the shift manager who was very close to the kitchen staff told me to wash up to.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Mikkie
So yesterday was my fifth shift and I was asked to go on window one, where I was told that means you have to do the washing up. That's bull**** right? They were laughing about it to the others when they told me. I avoided it by saying that I had done close before and didn't wash up but then later on the shift manager who was very close to the kitchen staff told me to wash up to.

In our store whoever goes on booth 1 does the dive... seems a pretty reasonable request to me :s-smilie:
Original post by Stacks

I've been served by people who don't have a clue what they're doing before, hell, half the staff at my store can't even make the double taste shakes correctly.
If you're a customer and you're presented with this then yeah, you probably would think that the person serving you is an idiot.

Spoiler

Especially since it's not hard to make them (and the public think our job is easy hence why when something goes wrong they think the staff are stupid blates)

I hate the Double Taste Shakes. I can't do them like the picture, but mine usually are in lines but all jaggedy (Like a heart rate monitor) so look marginally acceptable.
I'd say mine looks like the one on the left, but slightly better in terms of the rings going around the cups.

Spoiler

Original post by Mikkie

Window 1 is shockingly bad in my opinion. Many people like it since there isn't much to do. But when you have a bad headset and I have slightly worse hearing anyway its really annoying for me.
Its not unreasonable to do dive on window 1 at all. That's usually the job given to all people on window 1.
Reply 4477
I hate the Double Taste Shakes. I can't do them like the picture, but mine usually are in lines but all jaggedy (Like a heart rate monitor) so look marginally acceptable.
I'd say mine looks like the one on the left, but slightly better in terms of the rings going around the cups.

Spoiler

I love anything that actually involves some making of a product. Back where I used to work I loved making the ice cream desserts we did. Quite frankly couldnt care if someone sticks a shake under for me but I'll fight over making one of the double taste ones :tongue:

Simple pleasures.

Personally I don't think anyone can make our food look like the pictures in the time we're given/tools provided though, as long as it kinda assembles the picture then it's all good imo.

Spoiler

Reply 4478
Just checking, thanks guys.
Reply 4479
We don't have a TV in our crew room :eek: No fair!

I am shattered though, soo busy today, took £1800 sales today :biggrin: We have an FOR tomorrow, which should be fun considering it's our busiest Saturday of the year as well. Was supposed to do a 7-4 though, but now I can come in at 8 instead since our OPs consultant is starting the thing till 10, I probably need the extra hour in my bed haha.

As for the double taste shakes, there's a girl in my store who does them so neat, they look better than in the pictures! I'm so jealous of her making them haha. Mines always end up a mess, the lines are always squiggly.

Latest

Trending

Trending