The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Ive put all my AS's in from last year (Biology, chemistry and physics) and ive continued to take them to get the full A-level qualification. Should i include the AS results for them and leave the A-level section for them on 'pending'?

Also, i took AS maths in high school and continued this into college and completed the A-level in my first year. Do i include them separately, for example with the AS grade for high school and the A-level grade for college?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Minerva
Probably, but that's not relevant to whether you include the old and new grades on your UCAS - the answer is that you do, whether the certificates are in your hand or not.

I don't know my AS grade for history because I lost the results sheet from Year 12, but I have my Year 13 results sheet which shows my overall A level grades, my resit results and my Year 13 exam results.

The issue is that I improved in all my resits, bar 1, and now I don't know the UMS I received in Year 12. What happens if I omit my AS results and just input my overall A levels?
Original post by Minerva
I assume the decision maths is a module in the AS? In that case, just enter the higher grade against the module title. The first sitting won't have been certificated in January, so you don't you have to declare it - unless a uni specifically asks for this information, which they will do separately.

they ask for me to declare it on ucas. but i cant find the place where to add exams that i have already resat.
Reply 43
Original post by Helpful_Charlie
I don't know my AS grade for history because I lost the results sheet from Year 12, but I have my Year 13 results sheet which shows my overall A level grades, my resit results and my Year 13 exam results.

The issue is that I improved in all my resits, bar 1, and now I don't know the UMS I received in Year 12. What happens if I omit my AS results and just input my overall A levels?
Your school should know. Ask them.

Original post by jilebinator
they ask for me to declare it on ucas. but i cant find the place where to add exams that i have already resat.
If you have already re-sat it, then presumably it belongs with achieved grades. If the module in question is part of a qualification that is yet to be certificated, you should enter it there. Or in both, as the case may be.
Reply 44
Hey all, just posted my application today. Done. Paid. Dusted (I guess)

I'm applying for Maths at Oxford, Durham, UCL, Bristol and St Andrews.
Does anyone have any idea about how long it will be before I get feedback from the Unis? I understand how Oxford does its stuff, but do the rest give offers before Christmas or what? Are they prompt with their replies? Thanks!
Reply 45
Im just resitting certain exams within a few modules in 2 subjects. I already have my A level results and have been to university already but im going back to bump up my grades by 1 or 2. How do I put this into UCAS?
Put in the A levels I already have and date them properly and then what about for the pending grades? Add my 6th form again saying I started from now and ending in June 2012? What about whether im part time or full time? And then im assuming I just put them all as pending? Do I need to do the same for my AS levels?
Reply 46
Original post by Plasma
Im just resitting certain exams within a few modules in 2 subjects. I already have my A level results and have been to university already but im going back to bump up my grades by 1 or 2. How do I put this into UCAS? Enter the university you attended and the dates you were there.
Put in the A levels I already have and date them properly Yes and then what about for the pending grades? Add my 6th form again saying I started from now and ending in June 2012? If that's the exam centre you are using, yes. What about whether im part time or full time? Only you know what you are doing but part-time would be likely And then im assuming I just put them all as pending? Yes Do I need to do the same for my AS levels? If you are resitting any of them, you'll need to enter them twice as well.
See the first post in the stickied thread in UCAS, linked from the OP in this thread as well.
Reply 47
Original post by --NWzD9--
Ive put all my AS's in from last year (Biology, chemistry and physics) and ive continued to take them to get the full A-level qualification. Should i include the AS results for them and leave the A-level section for them on 'pending'?

Also, i took AS maths in high school and continued this into college and completed the A-level in my first year. Do i include them separately, for example with the AS grade for high school and the A-level grade for college?

I'm having the same confusion, i've put my 3 A2's as pending, but do i need to put the AS results in too?
Reply 48
Original post by a1994
I'm having the same confusion, i've put my 3 A2's as pending, but do i need to put the AS results in too?
Yes, if they were certificated.
At what point have you been to a university?

I have a friend trying to fill in a UCAS form for 2012 entry. Last year, he went to university for about three days - quite literally, turned up at the halls, stayed for three days, then went home before freshers week was over. He doesn't remember enrolling with the university or having to sort out anything with the university itself when he left, just the accommodation services.

He read that you have to include any educational institution you've been to, and asked me if he needs to include his three days at this university. I'm thinking the answer is no because he never was an official student there ... but is this correct?
Reply 50
Original post by TheSownRose
At what point have you been to a university?

I have a friend trying to fill in a UCAS form for 2012 entry. Last year, he went to university for about three days - quite literally, turned up at the halls, stayed for three days, then went home before freshers week was over. He doesn't remember enrolling with the university or having to sort out anything with the university itself when he left, just the accommodation services.

He read that you have to include any educational institution you've been to, and asked me if he needs to include his three days at this university. I'm thinking the answer is no because he never was an official student there ... but is this correct?
In practical terms, I would have thought so. He never attended any lectures or submitted any work for assessment, after all. Even if he did enrol, if he really only stayed for three days I can't see the point in cluttering up a UCAS application with that. It's different if you stuck around for a term or more.
Reply 51
Hi,

On the education section of the UCAS form, i have entered all my grades etc, but am confused about qualification dates? i put august for my AS's as thats when i got my results, and i am unsure what to put for gcses.
My exam certificate says June, but ive heard others saying they've been told to put august for consistancy. any ideas?
thanks
xxxx
Original post by 12sophie

Original post by 12sophie
Hi,

On the education section of the UCAS form, i have entered all my grades etc, but am confused about qualification dates? i put august for my AS's as thats when i got my results, and i am unsure what to put for gcses.
My exam certificate says June, but ive heard others saying they've been told to put august for consistancy. any ideas?
thanks
xxxx
You got your GCSE results in August too.

It's up to you which you choose, but put the same month for all of your GCSEs and ASs and A2s.
Reply 53
Original post by Minerva
Yes, if they were certificated.

I have my results sheet that the school printed off for me; i haven't recieved an actual certificate, but the results sheet says "cert" next to all of my as scores-so should i take that to mean that i must declare them?
I do Maths and Further Maths A2. I have entered my AS grades for them with the corresponding modules onto UCAS, but for my A2 grades EdExcel can rearrange the modules to give the two best grades possible. Therefore, on the A2 section of my application can i leave the modules bit blank for maths and further maths? sounds a really simple question but my school keep giving us different answers!
oh also, if i'm getting a remark, and it isn't back by the time i send my application, do i write to the universities ive applied to to tell them? do i put the current grade on the application?
Ok, I'm really confused as to how to enter my AS results. Do I create a qualification for each AS level I did and add in all the modules and grades. Then create an Advanced Level for all the subjects and then fill in the AS modules again and leave the A2 modules as pending?

Or do I only create an AS level for subjects I have dropped, then create an Advanced Level for all the subjects I am doing this year filling in the AS grades and leaving A2 modules as pending.
Reply 57
I did Edexcel AS Maths with Mechanics in high school, and when i started college, i decided to carry on doing the A2 maths with mechanics, but with OCR.

Do i put my AS maths w/ Mech as edexcel and my full A-level as OCR?
Reply 58
Original post by fudgesundae
Ok, I'm really confused as to how to enter my AS results. Do I create a qualification for each AS level I did and add in all the modules and grades. Then create an Advanced Level for all the subjects and then fill in the AS modules again and leave the A2 modules as pending?

Or do I only create an AS level for subjects I have dropped, then create an Advanced Level for all the subjects I am doing this year filling in the AS grades and leaving A2 modules as pending.
Yes.
I'm a little confused.
So I enter my 4 AS's as seperate qualifications (they got certificated in August), then enter my 3 A2 subjects as different ones but put them as pending, so I'll have 2 Maths, 2 Chemistry, 2 Biology and a French?
Also, I'm resitting one module of AS French in January, do I need to put that down or not?