The Student Room Group

Sociology applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by tg12345
I'm completely new to TSR and i'm applying for Sociology this year.
I got BCC at AS and now i'm predicted BBB
Im applying to Leeds (To do the Foundation year BA), Sheffield, Manchester Met, Sheffield Hallam and Nottingham Trent
Good luck everyone!!!

Good luck!!!!! I'm also applying to Leeds and mmu
Reply 61
Original post by pearls
Good luck!!!!! I'm also applying to Leeds and mmu

ahhh wicked for a sociology degree :smile: ?
Reply 62
Original post by tg12345
ahhh wicked for a sociology degree :smile: ?

Yessss:smile:
substituted one of my choices for sociology and social policy at Sheffield. Im a law applicant though :eek: not sure if i'll even get an offer with my personal statement. I just couldnt make my mind up.

Im predicted ABB, and already have an A in sociology.
Reply 64
Offer from Nottingham ABB yeah so happy! just got to get the grades now
Reply 65
Original post by Sparkle01
Offer from Nottingham ABB yeah so happy! just got to get the grades now

Well done!!!!!!!!What were your predicted grades like? Xx
Reply 66
My predicted grades are ABB but I had disappointing AS results so having to do some resits.
Reply 67
My predicted grades are ABB but I had disappointing AS results so having to do some resits.

Same here :redface: But I've already got my offers - still waiting for LSE though :s

Which A-levels are you doing btw???

UCAS 2012

Spoiler

Reply 68
I'm doing English Literature, History and Sociology
Hello!

I'm taking Bsc Sociology at London School of Economics and Political Science.
Happy to answer questions!
And by the way,
My A Level grades were AWFUL. I took a gap year after my A levels and eventually ended up in the USA where I started Uni. I did one year there and then decided to go back to London and got an offer from LSE with 3 D's! I did it with my grades from the Uni and my almost perfect GCSEs. But I had to write an AMAZING personal statement, and since i'm 22 they obviously saw how much I wanted to go to LSE - but don't worry about getting the perfect grades...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 71
That's very reassuring to hear. Thanks )
Reply 72
I'm doing English Literature, History and Sociology

I'm doing Psychology, Biology and Japanese (I'm not Japanese btw) but I did English Lit. at AS in which I got a C in ;'(

That's really amazing that you're doing all the essay subjects D8 *is very impressed* What's Sociology A-level like? We don't have it at my school...
Reply 73
Yes it is very hard doing 3 essay subjects. Sometimes I feel like I just can't do justice to the subjects as I would like - I just don't physically have the time. I really love sociology A level we covered education and families last year and are now looking at crime and deviance. And the Mass Media. its so topical and interesting.
Reply 74
PEOPLE WHO HAVE APPLIED TO LSE!!!!

HAS ANYONE GOTTEN OFFERS OR INTERVIEWS YET???

Cause LSE is apparently already giving out offers to people (not for sociology yet I hope...)

*panicking*
Reply 75
Original post by myka551
PEOPLE WHO HAVE APPLIED TO LSE!!!!

HAS ANYONE GOTTEN OFFERS OR INTERVIEWS YET???

Cause LSE is apparently already giving out offers to people (not for sociology yet I hope...)

*panicking*

I haven't gotten anything else from LSE apart from a message to say they have acknowledged my application :s-smilie:
Reply 76
I've got offers from Leeds, Newcastle, Sussex and Nottingham!! Just waiting on Exeter!:smile:
Original post by hannah-93
Applied for sociology at Nottingham, Exeter, Leicester, Sheffield and Newcastle!
Had receipts of application off all but Nottingham, and had an offer off Exeter for ABB, what's everyone else had offered?
xoxo

CONGRATS! What were your predicted? How long did it take Exeter to reply?
Original post by needhelp1234
CONGRATS! What were your predicted? How long did it take Exeter to reply?

NEVER MIND. Offer from Exeter! It took them 8 days to reply! aahahahah :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 79
is any one applying to do sociology in birmigham city, university of bradford, teeside uni, saffordshire uni or northampton uni?? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending