The Student Room Group

The "waiting for news is driving me crazy" uberthread 2011-12

Scroll to see replies

Also, does UCAS update over the weekend or will you only receive offers etc during the week ?
Reply 2901
Original post by karousel
Also, does UCAS update over the weekend or will you only receive offers etc during the week ?

Depends when your institutions of choice have made a decision. This will mostly happen during business days, and evenings following such days.
Reply 2902
Liverpool sending me an e-mail telling me to opt for them but I have no offer :s-smilie:

Do unis give offers over the weekend/during holidays?
Reply 2903
Got offers from UWE & Swansea, waiting on NTU & Sunderland...its driving me insane. Constantly checking track surely isn't good for my health haha
Reply 2904
Got my first offer last night :biggrin: screamed the house down! UEA for English Literature AAA :biggrin:
...or is there a massive wave of offers/rejections in January?
Original post by MoW
Got offers from UWE & Swansea, waiting on NTU & Sunderland...its driving me insane. Constantly checking track surely isn't good for my health haha

When did you apply to UWE?
Reply 2907
Has anybody got an acknowledgement or anything from Edinburgh Napier? :s-smilie:
Still waiting for something from them. Only Uni who hasn´t send anything.
Reply 2908
Original post by Good bloke
You must be insecure if you require confirmation of something that you actually know to have happened in order to get peace of mind. Many university departments don't send acknowledgements as they feel they cannot justify spending taxpayers' money on telling applicants what they already know.

Sorry I didn't know that emails had separate charges... To argue your point, my friend's sister last year was applying for Law at Leeds Met and when she emailed them, they hadn't received it, so she had to contact UCAS to get it sent.... I know this is a mega rare occasion, but even for peace of mind it's worth it...
Hmm, TBH it depend on each individual uni and some may still be giving out offers to the 23rd and then stop until after christmas, then start again.
Alternatively some uni's may stop and start again in januray, it depends.:smile:
Last year I got an offer a few days before the Christmas holidays and got a rejection in early Jan. But I doubt admissions would be working through their holidays - they may do though.
Original post by Jodianne

If it's relevant, I got a conditional offer from UWE the day after my application was sent off.
Reply 2912

5th Dec and got an offer the day after
In my 6th form, a girl sent hers off and got an offer the very next day :eek:
And then, you have people who sent theres in october and still havent gotten a reply.

When did you get your first offer, and in general, whats the sort of average time you have to wait between sending off the ucas and receiving your first offer(or rejection if thats the case)?

I sent mine off thurs morning, and got an acknowledgement from hertfordshire today.
Took me 14 days and roughly 10 hours.
3 weeks for the first, 6 weeks for the second, haven't got any more so far.
Original post by Dbrown18
In my 6th form, a girl sent hers off and got an offer the very next day :eek:

That happened to me twice, but to be fair I'm not applying to the high ranking uni's.
Portsmouth and Greenwich they were. :smile:
Couldn't be happier to be going to Greenwich. :biggrin:

Edit; I know quite a few people who have heard from Hertfordshire so maybe you'll hear soon. :smile:
What are you applying for?
(edited 12 years ago)
Applied 25th November
1st offer - 9th December
2nd offer - 13th December
Applied on the 11th of November, got my first offer on the 25th of November.
One of my friends applied on the 9th of December though, got an offer the next Monday on the 12th and another on the 13th. Pretty lucky :P
Original post by eckothegecko
That happened to me twice, but to be fair I'm not applying to the high ranking uni's.
Portsmouth and Greenwich they were. :smile:
Couldn't be happier to be going to Greenwich. :biggrin:

Edit; I know quite a few people who have heard from Hertfordshire so maybe you'll hear soon. :smile:
What are you applying for?

Well done! Im also applying to leeds met and manchester met, alone with salford and bolton (spot that pattern? :rolleyes:) to do psychology.

Original post by Liam 09
Applied on the 11th of November, got my first offer on the 25th of November.
One of my friends applied on the 9th of December though, got an offer the next Monday on the 12th and another on the 13th. Pretty lucky :P

Well done and thats speedy replies for your friend! Do you know where they applied?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending