The Student Room Group

The "waiting for news is driving me crazy" uberthread 2011-12

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3060
Original post by Alt__x
Think I may be the only person who hasn't heard back from ANY universities :frown:

Your not alone. I haven't heard from anybody either.
Original post by Dbrown18
What makes you think that?

Just seems like a lot of people are reporting them today, that's all.
Reply 3062
Am I right in thinking that unis will be shut next week, so if we don't hear anything this week it will be in the new year?
Original post by sarahp
Am I right in thinking that unis will be shut next week, so if we don't hear anything this week it will be in the new year?

Latest you will hear anything before new years will probably be Saturday Christmas Eve.
Original post by desy.kris
WOW congratulations!!! :woo: did you apply for the scholarship or they just gave it to you because you deserve it?

Thank you!! I'm so excited - I feel the need to share with everyone haha! Ermm there are two (I think) Vice-Chancellor Awards - one for music, one for sport. You just send off an extra form when you apply, and they let me know today! I was so surprised!
Reply 3065
Original post by Alt__x
Think I may be the only person who hasn't heard back from ANY universities :frown:

This was me this morning, now I have a rejection for Southampton. Wish I could go back to then, I only picked it to make up my 5th choice but I'm still a little gutted :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Got my first offer today from Brunel to study Law. It is my fifth choice but still happy to get my first offer exactly a week after sending my ucas off!
BRISTOL EMAILED ME!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

... to give me a glimpse of life in Bristol. :angry:

With holidays just around the corner we thought we’d tell you what student life is all about. The University of Bristol is located within one of the UK’s most vibrant cities and our students consistently tell us how much they love living here.

THIS DOES NOT HELP ME AT ALL!!! *goes mad*
Original post by Contrad!ction.

:ahee:

Oh, that is cruel!
Original post by blow-ice
This was me this morning, now I have a rejection for Southampton. Wish I could go back to then, I only picked it to make up my 5th choice but I'm still a little gutted :frown:

I am sorry.:frown:
Original post by carnationlilyrose
Oh, that is cruel!

Its title was 'Seasons greetings... and a glimpse into life at Bristol'.

The only glimpse that email's given me is that it's FRUSTRATING.
Congrats to all the lucky ones today and commiserations to the unlucky.
Its title was 'Seasons greetings... and a glimpse into life at Bristol'.

The only glimpse that email's given me is that it's FRUSTRATING.

It does seem unnecessarily cruel that massively oversubscribed universities still advertise themselves regardless, as if it's actually in the hands of the students whether they go there or not, if you get my drift.
Everyone else has already heard, but I'm still, still waiting for Chem at Hertford, Oxford :frown: Y U TAKE SO LONG??!!
Original post by carnationlilyrose
It does seem unnecessarily cruel that massively oversubscribed universities still advertise themselves regardless, as if it's actually in the hands of the students whether they go there or not, if you get my drift.

Thing is, they've only sent it to people who've applied to them, and it came along with a nice summary of my application so far :tongue:

...posting from my new phone so it takes a while and might have a load of mistakes :smile:
Reply 3076
Original post by blow-ice

Sorry to hear that, what did you apply for/what where your grades or reasons for rejection? x
Reply 3077
****'s sake. Rejected from Liverpool. Kind of expected it due to my PS not being for Politics but geared towards IR.

How can I ask for feedback? Ring them up?
Reply 3078
My school have FINALLY sent off my application, following lots of pestering and an angry email from my mother :biggrin: hope it doesn't take too long, but I know offers may be scarce being nearly Christmas...
My application was processed yesterday.

2 Acknowledgements. One from Wolverhampton and one from UWE.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending