The Student Room Group

Drum & Bass Society - Thread

Scroll to see replies

lmao what.
Original post by Tom78
haha you uptight **** getting serious over the internet, you carry on listening to your house at 175 if that's what makes you happy

Why would you say that? :frown: This thread has been argument-free since I've been here and now you've come along with a slightly hipster/elitist attitude. I'd be happy if people posted good house/drumstep and maybe even some dubstep because it all loosely fits into EDM which is what we all love.

Banger:

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1862
On a S.P.Y flex as of late.

the remix is just :sogood:
Reply 1863
Original post by Tom78
haha you uptight **** getting serious over the internet, you carry on listening to your house at 175 if that's what makes you happy

baha what a prick. what's wrong with house?

banging new mix from marky - http://soundcloud.com/dj-marky/dj-marky-drum-n-bass-set-2nd

disclaimer: may contain music you might not like, in which case you can

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1864
Love how I can always rely on Shy FX to drop some of everything, both new and old school.
Swear I was born a few years late, can't imagine how it was when this was first out:

Reply 1865
This tune completely outdoes any DnB tune I've ever heard:

Breathtaking and beautiful.
Original post by buzzcat
good to hear :biggrin: it never goes. don't think I'll ever get tired of this music

a friend just sent me this.. mmm those vocals.

That song is sooooooooooo overrated friction played in 2 consecutive podcasts and then on the chrismas special!

Its not that good.
So who's got the new Hospital compilation?

Brilliant value for money and royalston absolutely KILLED it with late nights!
Reply 1868
yes wheres the jungle?
Reply 1869
Noisia>Lifted Music>All
Reply 1870
Original post by TheJ0ker
That song is sooooooooooo overrated friction played in 2 consecutive podcasts and then on the chrismas special!

Its not that good.

wind your neck in son, appreciation is subjective! damn hipsters are ruining the loveable atmosphere of this thread

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1871
awwwwwwwye

Original post by buzzcat
awwwwwwwye

love the bass on that, been tryin to produce again lately and basslines are well hard
Reply 1873
Original post by Reflexive
love the bass on that, been tryin to produce again lately and basslines are well hard

indeed, and it's the most important bit!

good to hear you producing dude, what are you using? got any tunes to listen to?
Original post by Mr Fish
yes wheres the jungle?

Here it is
Original post by buzzcat
indeed, and it's the most important bit!

good to hear you producing dude, what are you using? got any tunes to listen to?

I used to yeeaars ago but I'm not sure if I've got any of my tunes from back then! I will have a look when I'm back at uni.

Me and my mate have this nice little tune with a sweet vocal and jungly drums we just need bass and some other layers to build it up. I'm going back round his soon to try and do this so will post it up here once we've done that! He's quite good, he did this remix of rusko: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAkfd40ye5c

We use cubase and various plugins, mostly samples. What about you?
Original post by TheJ0ker

Its not that good.

I can't get my head around you saying that since I think it's just beautiful. Each to their own though!
Reply 1877
Original post by Reflexive
I used to yeeaars ago but I'm not sure if I've got any of my tunes from back then! I will have a look when I'm back at uni.

Me and my mate have this nice little tune with a sweet vocal and jungly drums we just need bass and some other layers to build it up. I'm going back round his soon to try and do this so will post it up here once we've done that! He's quite good, he did this remix of rusko: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAkfd40ye5c

We use cubase and various plugins, mostly samples. What about you?

wicked look forward to that, I do love a bit of vocally jungly dnb :smile:

as an aside check out this remix of the classic

trying to get into it, just mucking around on ableton creating drum loops and overlaying jazz samples but like you can't make a bassline I like

are you at uni in london?
Original post by buzzcat
wicked look forward to that, I do love a bit of vocally jungly dnb :smile:

as an aside check out this remix of the classic

trying to get into it, just mucking around on ableton creating drum loops and overlaying jazz samples but like you can't make a bassline I like

are you at uni in london?

nah man essex. did you do that remix?
Old but good

Quick Reply

Latest