The Student Room Group

Guys don't seem to like nice girls

That I've ever known...

It's so frustrating. I always see them be with the bitchy, shallow girls, and then when these girls take off with someone they think is better, the guys turn round and go on about how girls aren't nice and are shallow... but these are the same guys that ignore the girls that could be "girlfriend material", for whatever reason. I don't get it :confused:

Clearly, I have no luck with guys whatsoever. I even started to think if I was less easy going and polite I'd get more attention. Since university I got compliments about my looks (Which I never got before), but they still don't bother to engage with me :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Give it time. :smile:
Reply 2
i felt the same way, but then realised you can't say all guys are same! :smile:
be patient
Reply 3
I only like nice people, if I like a girl so much I want to go out with them, they would have to be nice or I would not like them that much at all :smile:
Reply 4
Hmm remember everyone I said "seem" and from the guys I'm aware of. I'm not saying they're all like that :-/
Reply 5
Haha if it makes you feel better. :smile: Met a nice girl a while ago. It always keeps coming back to her - over the holiday I've realised what matters in life, and what really doesn't. Now I can't wait to take her out. Much rather have something real and meaningful, than something that only lasts a few weeks.
Reply 6
Original post by extroshy
Hmm remember everyone I said "seem" and from the guys I'm aware of. I'm not saying they're all like that :-/

oh sorry! :smile:
i don't blame you for thinking like this, because of your past experiences and you're just trying to protect yourself. give it time :smile:
Reply 7
I'd rather a nice girl, than a 'bitchy, shallow' one. So don't worry about it :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by ManicJM
I'd rather a nice girl, than a 'bitchy, shallow' one. So don't worry about it :smile:

Precisely. :smile:
Reply 9
I'm going to repeat what everyone else said for effect:

- Give it time.

I will also add: maybe ask yourself if the guys who are with them 'bitchy, shallow' girls are looking for a long-lasting / proper relationship or if they're just looking for a short term thing...
Reply 10
Original post by ArnaudBB
I'm going to repeat what everyone else said for effect:

- Give it time.

I will also add: maybe ask yourself if the guys who are with them 'bitchy, shallow' girls are looking for a long-lasting / proper relationship or if they're just looking for a short term thing...

Yes, the guys you are talking about probably just see them as an easy shag, and that's all that they probably want at the time.
Not true. Bitchy girls make me wanna puke my brains.
Reply 12
Well I mean for relationships... or, "relationships". Not flings and such :frown:
Reply 13
it could just be the confidence thing. These 'bitchy shallow girls' are probably very confident, not afraid to strike up conversations, make the first move etc.

I don't think there's any guy out there who'd want a horrible girl over a nice girl, he probably just doesn't notice the nice girl because she's sitting by the bar waiting for someone to approach her rather than putting herself out there.
Reply 14
Nice girls are usually nice to compensate for not being attractive. It's just the society we live in, I'd love to be proven wrong.
Reply 15
Original post by Creamyoda
Nice girls are usually nice to compensate for not being attractive. It's just the society we live in, I'd love to be proven wrong.

Or maybe some girls just never got a kick out of putting others down? Nothing to do with compensating... I've always been the "nice one", ugh.
Reply 16
Original post by extroshy
Or maybe some girls just never got a kick out of putting others down? Nothing to do with compensating... I've always been the "nice one", ugh.

It's not about putting others down just the way in which girls who know they're attractive will judge someone before they've even spoken to them.

Anyway what do you mean by 'nice'?

Being nice all the time isn't healthy!
Reply 17
Original post by chavalis
it could just be the confidence thing. These 'bitchy shallow girls' are probably very confident, not afraid to strike up conversations, make the first move etc.

I don't think there's any guy out there who'd want a horrible girl over a nice girl, he probably just doesn't notice the nice girl because she's sitting by the bar waiting for someone to approach her rather than putting herself out there.

This.
Reply 18
You are not looking properly I'm afraid. You are saying you are seeing guys with bitchy girls, obviously what these guys want is easy sex and not a relationship. By saying this I mean that you are only looking at this type of guy and disregarding/ignoring the actual nice guys that actually like nice girls (yes, those that are not surrounded by bitchy girls).
Reply 19
Original post by Creamyoda
It's not about putting others down just the way in which girls who know they're attractive will judge someone before they've even spoken to them.

Anyway what do you mean by 'nice'?

Being nice all the time isn't healthy!

Well maybe I just mean respectful by not taking people for granted, and giving people a chance. Yeah you're right, it is unhealthy. I get walked over all the time, and if I had a boyfriend I'd put his feelings first before my own.

Besides, a lot of times, we aren't even talking about "attractive girls". Fair enough if I'm unattractive, I honestly don't know where I stand tbh, but I look at other girls who are nasty, vulgar, false, and supposedly by most standards physically unattractive, and I don't understand how they're considered attractive to all these guys, and I can't even get a guy to talk to me :confused:

I'm only 18, but I only live once. At the end of the day, I want someone to have fun with, a relationship certainly, but nothing intense. I don't want to be the innocent 30 year old woman that gets married to the first person that gives her attention. Screw all the people that say uni is meant to be the best time of your life. This is exactly like school :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending