The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2800
Rejection from Christ's via letter for English. Obviously more than a little upset, especially since this is the second time, but good luck to all of you, thankyou to everyone who has made jokes and lifted spirits, and especially to Minerva for keeping us updated.
Reply 2801
You are extremely gracious given that you have just received a rejection. You are clearly a talented young person with a great future ahead of you. Many people join you in thanking this forum for helping to keep both students and parents sane this past week.
Everything of the very best in the future.
Reply 2802
Original post by Pisces63
You are extremely gracious given that you have just received a rejection. You are clearly a talented young person with a great future ahead of you. Many people join you in thanking this forum for helping to keep both students and parents sane this past week.
Everything of the very best in the future.

Not sure who that was aimed at, but I've no doubt it applies to many people, so thank you!
Reply 2803
Original post by hollie-elizabeth
I emailed Downing and they said that they will be sending out replies and updating ucas track in the next couple of days so should find out soon :/

thanks for posting that, i was also pooled by downing and was wondering whether they would use track or post the replies
Trinity poolee for Natsci (Phys).
I made the autopool criteria, but obviously don't know if I was just P.
I just got an "I regret to say..." email. Oh well :frown:. All of you still swimming, keep at it. There are still many hooks dangling above you! Good luck!
Reply 2805
Rejected after being pooled by Emma for economics, was absolutely expecting it so glad it is all over now :tongue:
Reply 2806
Original post by hr30
Not sure who that was aimed at, but I've no doubt it applies to many people, so thank you!

Was trying to respond to Luisanaxx, a few comments up!
Yup, thick black glasses. I thought there were not many pps-ers in Jesus because students I met in the common room and the dining hall were mostly engineers or medics. The testing at the hut was my first time meeting fellow pps people, actually. Jesus haven't sent out any rejections for fish, have they?

Yes im pretty sure i saw you, probably won't remeber me but i was the only other girl, aside from the one with dark hair, in the hut. (that would sound a bit weird out of context!) There were a fair few doing the test in the hut and I know there were more the day beforehand, compared to three on the other table for languages. No I don't think they've sent out any rejections yet although I'm not sure. Are there any pps applicants from Jesus on this thread?
Just received my rejection letter from Christ's for PPS.. oh well, LSE it is! Good luck to all others, and whatever happens we should be proud we were pooled, some people don't even get an interview! (trying to put things into perspective) and if we are applying to Cambridge in the first place it means we're excellent students, chances are we'll all go to top unis! :smile:
Reply 2809
Original post by parito

I'm a bit disappointed that you take this just a mistake despite its huge implication to the students concerned (might include others too who knows).

You might wish to have a look at this page, concerning making a complaint:
http://www.cam.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/apply/feedback.html
Reply 2810
Final update from me, Was pooled by Pembroke for Computer Science, deferred entry, got a letter of rejection in post today. To be honest I was quite glad to get the letter, I'd resigned myself to accept not getting an offer, but the constant nerves were getting really tiresome, so it's fantastic to be free of the stress. I'm doing an Internship and travelling this year, so I'll be back again next year, hopefully in the other thread!

Congratulations to everyone who gets offers through the pool, congrats to everyone who got offers originally and to everyone else, it's probably not the end of the world :smile: Thanks so much Minerva and everyone else for keeping this thread, I'm not sure if it made the process more or less terrifying, but it was certainly fantastic to be able to stay informed.

Thanks and good luck to everyone who hasn't yet heard!
Reply 2811
Daughter was just rejected by Emma via UCAS.

Such a nice personalised end to a particularly horrible process!

Good luck to all of you wherever you end up. The world is your oyster.
Reply 2812
Original post by DLZF
Are medicine and vet medicine fishes will be in a pool for a longer time until the end of January like last year?

yeah, I think so. I was reading last year's thread the other day, and many medic fishes are left quite late, and all of them, according to 1 person, was sent the open offer email.. so if you don't get a rejection letter, this IS hope!!

I am just hoping/wishing/praying for an open offer!! Not sure whether open offers apply to vet medics or not though :smile:

Original post by DLZF
Are medicine and vet medicine fishes will be in a pool for a longer time until the end of January like last year?

Is the above correct??? Do medics and vet medics not hear anything to the last?? Where did this information come from?
Reply 2814
Original post by colorfulshadow
Losing hope...Will all the remaining fishes who are not invited for any interview be given a rejection?

Hey, what I don't understand is....surely not given an interview is a good thing -- it means your interviews are decent at least... those interviewed belong to category S (in special need of reassessment), so aren't we supposed to be happy to not be given interviews?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by leezee

Original post by leezee
yeah, I think so. I was reading last year's thread the other day, and many medic fishes are left quite late, and all of them, according to 1 person, was sent the open offer email.. so if you don't get a rejection letter, this IS hope!!

I am just hoping/wishing/praying for an open offer!! Not sure whether open offers apply to vet medics or not though :smile:

Does anyone know if Vet Meds get open offers???? Here's hoping
Reply 2816
Original post by Elizabeth 1
Is the above correct??? Do medics and vet medics not hear anything to the last?? Where did this information come from?

last year, some people were waiting in early February..so..poor us medics...but somebody said last year, all them were considered for an open offer...so there is still hope !!
Original post by Elizabeth 1

Good luck leezee I'm hoping/wishing/praying for both of us
Original post by leezee

Original post by leezee

Hi Leenze I'm hoping/wishing/praying for an open offer for both of us XX
Reply 2819
Original post by swimswim
Daughter was just rejected by Emma via UCAS.

Such a nice personalised end to a particularly horrible process!

Good luck to all of you wherever you end up. The world is your oyster.

Hi

I'm really sorry that your daughter got a rejection and in such a way too. They seem to be very thoughtless IMO. A friend of my son was rejected by Caius for Classics in the same way last night. :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending