The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by leezee
Hey, GOOD LUCK !! Do they send the offers via email or post? Do they email people before giving them an offer? SOmehow, I always thought that people get offers by email, and I am terrified to get letters at the moment.. :smile:

apparently they're emailing rejections at the moment, where did you apply? what for?
Original post by kurovalte
:eek: direct offer!! that's brilliant :smile: i'm going for my reinterview tomorrow :/ oh and i teach myself fm as well, i guess they assume the A* in normal maths to get the one in further :confused:

Thanks, yh maybe :smile:

Where'd u get pooled from? Wheres ur interview?

Good luck :smile:
Original post by missccify
I fear they may be sending the rest tomorrow, have no idea though. But from what i've seen the colleges give out all their rejections on the same day, so maybe we're in the clear :confused: Maybe we're still under consideration by them, or another another college has fished us but is just slow to get back. Who knows hey

Really really hope so :frown: good luck!!!!! what did you apply for?
Reply 3083
Original post by Eat.Sleep.Row.Repeat.
Could be they're looking at open offers? But this gives me (and all the other vets here) hope :biggrin: Thank you!

Hopefully they mean all of us and not just Trinity Hall!

Yeah I bet it's due to open offers and maybe they're waiting for interview outcomes as well? I think they mean everyone because they said 'veterinary medicine applications' which sounds pretty general. Hope so.
Where were you pooled from?
Reply 3084
rejected by Queens (chemical eng via eng).... well - see you next year :smile:
Original post by poppy27
Yeah I bet it's due to open offers and maybe they're waiting for interview outcomes as well? I think they mean everyone because they said 'veterinary medicine applications' which sounds pretty general. Hope so.
Where were you pooled from?

Hopefully. They're probably waiting to see how people do at interview on Friday :smile: Although I've not had any contact at all :frown: Yeah hopefully! I've been pooled Downing...wish they'd make contact :frown:
Reply 3086
Oh well, rejected by St John's...
Bye bye I suppose...Thanks everyone in this thread, for making this rather stressful time comparatively bearable! ((:
Reply 3087
Hopefully. They're probably waiting to see how people do at interview on Friday :smile: Although I've not had any contact at all :frown: Yeah hopefully! I've been pooled Downing...wish they'd make contact :frown:

Aw it's so annoying just not hearing anything, I was really surprised/pleased that trinity hall got in touch, even though it was to say nothing's happened yet. Still good to know. Sounds like we have a few more days to wait still...
Reply 3088
Original post by Jankenstein
Got pooled by Clare and I'm being reinterviewed + tested at Magdalene on Saturday for NatSci (biological)...Fingers crossed, anyone else in the exact same position? And anybody who has an offer from Mag, how was it :s-smilie:?

Good luck! I don't have an offer (yet, hopefully) since I was pooled by Magdalene but I absolutely loved the college. I applied to Clare last year (pooled, not fished) and thought that I wouldn't find another college that I'd like as much but I actually enjoyed my stay at Magdalene more, it's a bit less, how do you say this... Formal? And as a bonus it's gorgeous, but then again so is Clare :tongue:
Reply 3089
Does anyone know how long does it take for the college to come back to you after your second interview?
Original post by poppy27
Aw it's so annoying just not hearing anything, I was really surprised/pleased that trinity hall got in touch, even though it was to say nothing's happened yet. Still good to know. Sounds like we have a few more days to wait still...

Yay we get another week or so maybe of torture :biggrin: I've got a chemistry resit a week today, so I guess I can focus on that :smile: Wow, they got in touch with you? Thought you had emailed them. Wish Downing had done that!
Reply 3091
Yay we get another week or so maybe of torture :biggrin: I've got a chemistry resit a week today, so I guess I can focus on that :smile: Wow, they got in touch with you? Thought you had emailed them. Wish Downing had done that!

Yaaay more waiting, great. Ah the stress of this must be really annoying when you need to revise. Yep, they just sent that email out of the blue which was really nice, I had a complete heart attack when I saw it in my inbox though!
Reply 3092
Hi everyone. I made an open application for law and was interviewed at Robinson. Been swimming since, pretty nervous at first but I'm pretty much resigned to the fate of not getting anything but a rejection now Minerva's stats (which I found extremely concise and useful and so are GREATLY appreciated), suggest that most, if not all, offers for law which are going to be made have been made.

I do however have 2 questions.
>Am I right to have given up hope (or have I misinterpretted the stats)?
>If I'm thinking of reapplying next year (something I hadn't even considered until now) could I take up an offer of law at another university in the interim? I've been told that there may be "some problem" with fees if I do this.

I appreciate any feedback anyone may have :smile:
Good luck to those still waiting.
Original post by hollie-elizabeth
Really really hope so :frown: good luck!!!!! what did you apply for?

MML :smile:
Original post by Phredd
I was pooled by Christ's for phys NatSci, and also fished by Peterhouse. I have to go for an interview, however.

Best of luck! When is the interview? I have some friends going tomorrow
Reply 3095
Anyone interviewing at Robinson tomorrow???!
Original post by poppy27
Yaaay more waiting, great. Ah the stress of this must be really annoying when you need to revise. Yep, they just sent that email out of the blue which was really nice, I had a complete heart attack when I saw it in my inbox though!

Well without sounding cocky, AS chemistry is so much easier than A2 chemistry. I'm on OCR and F322 normally gives people time issues (I struggled last year) and in the two papers i've done over xmas I got 94% and 96% with 40 minutes to spare! A2 Chem makes everything seem easy :smile: haha that must have been scary! We had a phone call yesterday asking for me, Dad got really excited, turned out to be the bank wanting to change my account now that i'm 18...
Original post by fruktas
Does anyone know how long does it take for the college to come back to you after your second interview?

I had my interviews today and they told me they'd get back to me early on next week. They didn't specify as to whether it would be your original college or your 'new' college that would contact you, but good luck :smile:
Reply 3098
Rejected from st john's medicine for the stats
I think I can safely say that has been the longest week ever.............. Just looked at the most visited site on the history- you've guessed it : TSR !

Latest

Trending

Trending