The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Flakeydom
So the two who got a second "Don't Worry" both got reserves later the same day. Last time those who didn't get "Don't Worry" mails got the reserves but we still have one who got the second mail and hasn't heard

I give up trying to work out the logic... if there is any!

There is no logic Flakeydom.

I got the first 'dont worry' but not the second .............. I'm still waiting.

I've killed every brain cell I ever had trying to second guess the outcome ...... and as lunchtime approaches again (the time lots of email action seems to happen)............... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHH

:eek:

xx
If I had had a "reserve" email I think for my sanity after waiting sooooo long I would have had to move on and just put it down to experience. But I would say that reserve means that rather than a no and they simply have not worked out where to "place" you yet for various artistic and logistical reasons.

There is no logic to any of this - still staggered at the amount of "reserves" when they need so many people and they are still short. Could it be that actually behind the scenes it is an absolute shambles?? LOL.
Reply 1962
I wonder how many people have bee offered dual roles i.e. x at opening, y at closing, or z at both. If these people say no or pull out twice the number of reserves could be needed depending on if they replaced the performer with someone capable of both roles or a reserve for each role. The closer we get the more likely a reserve couldn't make key rehearsals or have time to learn different roles so perhaps that's why they need so many?
Original post by 42RAFIKI
Can you still apply to be a Ceremony Volunteer or is that closed?

Well, the registration form is still active:
https://www.london2012.com/games/ceremonies/get-involved/crew/application-stage-one.php

I haven't posted since page 67, but have read all messages so far - thanks all for making this thread so entertaining...though I guess some would prefer less drama.
Regarding replies from cast coordinators after sending offer acceptance forms ....

I accepted my offer last Thurs (26th Jan). I never received a confirmation email that they had received my scanned copies (or the ones i sent through the post). So because i was getting paranoid I sent an email on Monday 30th Jan and now just received a confirmation email from cast coordinator today. So its taken them nearly a week since i accepted offer to reply. so those who havent got a reply i wouldnt worry too much! x
Original post by notjustamum
Oh how funny - maybe the 49ers are all short - I too am short!!! And way way way over 30! I was looking around the auditions thinking "that one could be my daughter". Luckily I look (and act) a lot younger than my real age!

I was broken too! We had to go out that evening and I only lasted till 10. Move like Jagger is playing on Capital right now!

I am in section 49 and am short too (and 30)....maybe there is some kind of theme with this section!!

x
Reply 1966
I really want to send the casting guys another email and ask what's going on, but I don't want to risk my chances.

If they see me as pushy, I'm sure it'd be no skin off their nose to just give me a no, but I want to plan my summer! I'm totally up for committing all of my time to this, but if they don't want me, at least I can go on holiday or something.

To echo the feelings of many of us...

ARGH!!!!!!!
Original post by *Showgirl*
I am in section 49 and am short too (and 30)....maybe there is some kind of theme with this section!!

x

There might be something to this as I am in section 49f and I am short! well, 5 ft 4, so average-ish. How short is short?:biggrin: I also far from young, in my 40's.
I can't remember without looking back what the 49ers would be doing. Was it dancing, acting or drumming or general?
Darn it - I am short and late 30s but obviously wasn't good enough at hip hop to be a 49er!!! Which is ironic as I own lots of 49er football gear
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Miss Lister
There might be something to this as I am in section 49f and I am short! well, 5 ft 4, so average-ish. How short is short?:biggrin: I also far from young, in my 40's.

I am in section 49D. I am about 5ft 2. I think they probably did look for people around the same height for each of the roles, sections. groups etc.
Us 49ers are dance roles. From looking at this forum it would appear that we all did the hip hop audition.

x
Reply 1972
Original post by *Showgirl*
I am in section 49D. I am about 5ft 2. I think they probably did look for people around the same height for each of the roles, sections. groups etc.

This makes sense - if you're all holding up a coloured bit of card or a big sheet it could be important to be of similar height otherwise it won't have the right visual effect!

Out of interest for those in my section, Mandy, Wade et al - I'm 5ft6.

I'm now thinking that some of the reserves outshone their audition (especially those in graded level audition e.g. beginner, expert etc..) and therefore are waiting to be slotted in against a more complex segment!
:biggrin: Perhaps we have cracked it after all! Skill was not the relevant factor but height was! Actually they did say in our 1st? audition that they were also looking for people with a certain look - I think mainly lookalikes - but clearly the overall visual effect is very important.
Original post by Ropey1
This makes sense - if you're all holding up a coloured bit of card or a big sheet it could be important to be of similar height otherwise it won't have the right visual effect!

Out of interest for those in my section, Mandy, Wade et al - I'm 5ft6.

I'm now thinking that some of the reserves outshone their audition (especially those in graded level audition e.g. beginner, expert etc..) and therefore are waiting to be slotted in against a more complex segment!

could be a theory, i'm around 5 ft 7 or 8
Wow we have reached the magic 100 pages! Little did you think Beautifully Tragic when you started this thread what an impact it would have on peoples' lives for this shortish time. As I said in an earlier post - thanks BT!
(edited 12 years ago)
My daughter is almost 6ft tall and in her pointe shoes is closer to 6 and a half feet - so perhaps she is in the tall section lol!

Yay - 100 pages!!

Perhaps this will be the lucky page????????????

EG
Reply 1977
Original post by Mandy_Panda
could be a theory, i'm around 5 ft 7 or 8

Hi, I'm 5 ft 3 so not sure about the height needing to be similar for our group.
Re the height issue .... as I mentioned in an earlier post .... at my second audition Toby Sedgwick (War Horse/39 Steps etc) said that they werent especially looking for the best actors / dancers etc .... just people with interesting faces and interesting bodies !

Obviously, my body/face is so amazing, they cant decide what to do with me, hense not hearing yet!!
Original post by fyrecracker
Re the height issue .... as I mentioned in an earlier post .... at my second audition Toby Sedgwick (War Horse/39 Steps etc) said that they werent especially looking for the best actors / dancers etc .... just people with interesting faces and interesting bodies !

Obviously, my body/face is so amazing, they cant decide what to do with me, hense not hearing yet!!

hmmmm, if someone told me I looked 'interesting', I don't think I'd take that well... Bit worried now, haha

Latest