The Student Room Group

Law Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2460
Original post by g_me
Yes, I got 17 in the LNAT and got an offer from Birmingham

Well done! :smile: do you know what the cut off for Birmingham was?
Reply 2461
Hi people, was just looking for some advice.

I got 20 on my lnat and at AS I got AAAAB (+ A in epq), 9 A*s and 2 As at gcse and a solid personal statement.

Do you think this will be sufficient for Law with French at nottingham as I still haven't heard from them, sent off on october 12th.

thanks
Original post by Lexi2012
did anyone get a LNAT of lower than 18 and recieved an offer? :smile:

I got 18 and have an offer from Manchester. :smile:
Yeah, I got 14 on the LNAT and got an offer of AAB from Nottingham for Law (M100). Not sure how that happened!
Reply 2464
did anyone get a LNAT of lower than 18 and recieved an offer? :smile:

One of my friends got 18 and has 4 offers and also had an interview at Cambridge so it shouldn't affect your application that much :smile:
Original post by IwantApig
Yeah, I got 14 on the LNAT and got an offer of AAB from Nottingham for Law (M100). Not sure how that happened!

What are your grades ?
I'm predicted A*AABC, and got ABBC overall in my AS grades. So as you can tell, I'm not exactly on the best grades. Which I why I have no idea how I managed to get a lowered offer.
Reply 2467

Well done!! :smile: i got 15 on the LNAT and applied to KCL EKKKKK! I know especially as they want 18 just wondering if they let it slide at bit as a read a other post saying they knew someone who got 13 and got an offer, i know glasgow accepts 14 when their cut of is 16 on LNAT any advice would be gratefull :biggrin:
Nottingham is the only LNAT university I applied to xD I thought I'd get rejected straight away so was very shocked to receive a lowered offer the day after I sat my LNAT :smile: Are you going to firm KCL then?
Are you an international student?
I'm predicted A*AABC, and got ABBC overall in my AS grades. So as you can tell, I'm not exactly on the best grades. Which I why I have no idea how I managed to get a lowered offer.
Reply 2470
Nottingham is the only LNAT university I applied to xD I thought I'd get rejected straight away so was very shocked to receive a lowered offer the day after I sat my LNAT :smile: Are you going to firm KCL then?

Thats one of my top choices yes but my LNAT has kinda made me very SCARD! as some people applying here got over 20. Did Nottingham have a lnat cut of that you know of? :biggrin:
Original post by tehforum
Are you an international student?

No... I did go to an underachieving comprehensive though.
Thats one of my top choices yes but my LNAT has kinda made me very SCARD! as some people applying here got over 20. Did Nottingham have a lnat cut of that you know of? :biggrin:

I'm assuming they do since they're quite competitive but my friend got 19 on the LNAT and is on straight As and she got rejected. Which is why I was surprised to get an offer :smile:
anyone here know when the following schools will start making offers? :
LSE
UCL
Queen Mary
Leicester
Reading

I'm an international student so my school didn't really shed any light on the entry requirements and when to expect a decision :frown:
Reply 2474
Well done! :smile: do you know what the cut off for Birmingham was?

Thanks, no I don't know sorry

:smile:
Original post by hockeyislife
LSE
UCL
Queen Mary
Leicester
Reading

I'm an international student so my school didn't really shed any light on the entry requirements and when to expect a decision :frown:

Hey! When did you apply?
Reply 2476
Original post by hockeyislife
LSE
UCL
Queen Mary
Leicester
Reading

I've had an offer from Reading as well as a few of my friends, perhaps they reply to home students first? And London universities are notoriously slow so I wouldn't worry about it :smile:
Original post by silence18
Hey! When did you apply?

Well Technically I sent my application through Jan. 1 but being from Canada there were some minor difficulties but I managed to get it officially through to UCAS on deadline day (talk about your future hanging in the balance :tongue:)
Original post by Olive12
I've had an offer from Reading as well as a few of my friends, perhaps they reply to home students first? And London universities are notoriously slow so I wouldn't worry about it :smile:

Okay I see. Thank you!
Original post by PVisitors

Original post by PVisitors
Ask for feedback? What date did you apply?

Maybe they had overfilled their 'quota' or unconditional places by the time they looked at your application? :s-smilie:

I wrote admissions an email and wrote the law department an email basically laying out the situation for them. I'll have to wait and see if they reply but I talked to my older brother who actually applied to BCU, graduated with honours to do radiology and got rejected so he called up the university, turns out that whoever came across his application automatically rejected it without passing it on to the next stage of the application process and they ended up changing their minds and gave him an offer. I don't know if that's what happened in this case, but I'll just have to wait and see what they have to say...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending