The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Haven't been on this thread for quite some time, busy with Biology coursework. Also DarkAndTwisty i blame you for getting me hooked on grey's anatomy :tongue:. Its quite good, and also I know now who Addison is :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by erniiee

Ahhhh I wanted to get tickets to this but I have an exam the next day! Are you going to the O2 in London or the june 11th/13th ones up north?

HAHA, refreshing to find someone like you on TSR :biggrin:

:jumphug: YES bruda! Well, I'm a brummy, so it's a matter of just popping down the road :biggrin:

Chaos to get hold of them though, 02 priority selling out in minutes, livenation site failing to load the next day, general sale on friday madness! But *sigh* I got them :smile: Problem is, the lot of us me and my galpals will be in standing, and I really think one of us is actually going to die in there, like actually...when these mosh pits start, I have a tendency to just fall into them, and all the weed in the air goes straight to my head!

OK. WHAT EXAM.

I'll let you in on a little secret, my mother has no idea that I have bought the tickets to see Jay Z and Kanye, and she will not be impressed when she finds out ("60 quid, on a concert?! If it ain't George Michael, that's a ridiculous amount!" she will yell,) before asking me if I intend to get raped at the place, (she thinks concerts are a place where mass murders/rapes/stabbings/shootings happen) and so if I have an exam the next day, she will physically stop me from going...so tell me, WHAT EXAM?

I know right, everyone loves a well-covered-up hooker :wink:
Original post by erniiee
Personal statement material right there. :yep:

Hehe. Don't think they'd be too happy to see the word 'lol' though! :biggrin:

Original post by NitroAbdi
Haven't been on this thread for quite some time, busy with Biology coursework. Also DarkAndTwisty i blame you for getting me hooked on grey's anatomy :tongue:. Its quite good, and also I know now who Addison :tongue:

I love Grey's! :3 Izzie, Alex and Addison are my favourites from the earlier seasons. You'll meet Lexie and Arizona soon, and they're my other two favourites
Original post by DarkAndTwisty

I love Grey's! :3 Izzie, Alex and Addison are my favourites from the earlier seasons. You'll meet Lexie and Arizona soon, and they're my other two favourites

Thank god it's back on, on skyliving! Problem with Greys is, it means you are no longer willing to settle for any man not as talented or as gorgeous as Derek Shepherd himself. Or Mark Sloan for that matter (Phwoar he's fricking steamy) - and Karev might be an ass, but daym, he's just like, a piece of sex on legs!
Oh and guys, I really want an xbox. I've never had a gaming console before in my life, my mom's always hated them and the whole sit-on-your-ass-playing-video-games-on-one's-fat-ass attitude, but I swear, I need a taste of COD or something. Or little big planet or whatever it is:

Problem: I am an addict. Find something I like: throw myself into it till I nearly suffocate, have a break, do it all over again. Might not be great when I'm trying to do my a-levels...

Izzie seems so kind and sly :colone:. Me, I like all the Interns and residents. Especially "nazi":biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by ameelia22
Oh and guys, I really want an xbox. I've never had a gaming console before in my life, my mom's always hated them and the whole sit-on-your-ass-playing-video-games-on-one's-fat-ass attitude, but I swear, I need a taste of COD or something. Or little big planet or whatever it is:

Problem: I am an addict. Find something I like: throw myself into it till I nearly suffocate, have a break, do it all over again. Might not be great when I'm trying to do my a-levels...

LBP>COD, for me. COD is good, but when you have bought MW2 and Black Ops its gets repetitive
LBP>COD, for me. COD is good, but when you have bought MW2 and Black Ops its gets repetitive

But am I going into dangerous territory here, buying an X-box? I'm worried I'll be spending more time on the X-box where I could be studying!
But am I going into dangerous territory here, buying an X-box? I'm worried I'll be spending more time on the X-box where I could be studying!

Oh, I had same problem months ago, and decided no as I would feel somewhat guilty if my grades started to decline. If you think you are on track then why not? Also, my conscience prevent me from buying most thing..
Thank god it's back on, on skyliving! Problem with Greys is, it means you are no longer willing to settle for any man not as talented or as gorgeous as Derek Shepherd himself. Or Mark Sloan for that matter (Phwoar he's fricking steamy) - and Karev might be an ass, but daym, he's just like, a piece of sex on legs!

Hahah! Totally sympathise with you on this one. This, HIMYM and TVD have blown my expectations out of proportion. I officially want to marry someone like Ted Mosby or Alex Karev, and I am just waiting for my very own Caroline Forbes or Arizona Robbins :love:

Xbox is the most superior platform! That or a solid gaming PC :smile: But I think shooting games like COD are seriously overrated, much prefer RPG games, which is probably why I'm such a big fan of The Elder Scrolls (Oblivion, Skyrim. Never got a chance to play Morrowind but am hoping to one day~)

Izzie seems so kind and sly :colone:. Me, I like all the Interns and residents. Especially "nazi":biggrin:

I love Izzie, she reminds me a little of myself. Her, Lexie and Addison. Bailey is awesome! :tongue:

I love Izzie, she reminds me a little of myself. Her, Lexie and Addison. Bailey is awesome! :tongue:

I was wondering if there are those watch-able theatres like in Grey's anatomy, I haven't seen those in any of my local hospital. (Not the compact watching rooms, if you know what I mean):redface:
I was wondering if there are those watch-able theatres like in Grey's anatomy, I haven't seen those in any of my local hospital. (Not the compact watching rooms, if you know what I mean):redface:

According to Wikipedia, some do have small viewing galleries for other doctors, but I think it may be a large American teaching hospital thing. :smile:
Reply 1212

According to Wikipedia, some do have small viewing galleries for other doctors, but I think it may be a large American teaching hospital thing. :smile:

I don't know if you know this, but in the past, theatres were literally rooms with seats on different levels around the patient/spectacle, where academics and staff would watch surgical operations as they happened. It's partly why it's called a 'theatre'

I don't know of them anywhere nowadays. I mean, students go into the theatres, get kitted out and do little jobs while watching in this country for example.
(edited 12 years ago)

Seems very interesting, btw a friend of mines does the same A level as you, he says Psychology is a bit too much. Do you do AQA A or B? Our school he says might change cause teacher said B is too much. Don't really know much about it though:tongue:
Reply 1214

I'll let you in on a little secret, my mother has no idea that I have bought the tickets to see Jay Z and Kanye, and she will not be impressed when she finds out ("60 quid, on a concert?! If it ain't George Michael, that's a ridiculous amount!" she will yell,) before asking me if I intend to get raped at the place, (she thinks concerts are a place where mass murders/rapes/stabbings/shootings happen) and so if I have an exam the next day, she will physically stop me from going...so tell me, WHAT EXAM?

I know right, everyone loves a well-covered-up hooker :wink:

did you just say 60 quid? (is that for one?) and on Jay Z and Kanye as well... dayuuuum of course she'd be mad at that...
Original post by Pride
I don't know if you know this, but in the past, theatres were literally rooms with seats on different levels around the patient/spectacle, where academics and staff would watch surgical operations as they happened. It's partly why it's called a 'theatre'
]

Wow, I saw this before, I can't help think but that is very unhygienic, don't know though. Learning cadavers in the early years seems too much if you can see where I am coming from.
Original post by Pride
did you just say 60 quid? (is that for one?) and on Jay Z and Kanye as well... dayuuuum of course she'd be mad at that...

Most concerts are that price now... or more :colondollar:
personally, i wouldn't go for the charity shop thing. there's a lot of ways of subconsciously helping out in a caring environment. if it's to show commitment, cool, but don't substitute vital work experience for that. become a peer mentor or something, remember what you're doing it for. if you're doing work experience without knowing why, find out why you are doing it, after all, you want to be a doc!
Reply 1218
Original post by Natalie21
Most concerts are that price now... or more :colondollar:

it's a little down the motorway from me, a gig at the O2 can be 30-40 quid... maybe his seats are really good or something...
Reply 1219
Original post by Orinincandenza
Well i didn't say that, i wasn't trying to criticize anyone in particular, just a general point about how most Med Applicant PSs are 90% the same.

Tbh,as far as I know,ALL medics have something that makes them stand out! >.<
So even if most of them are doing voluntary work in a care home,each individual has something different that's "special"!

I could say the same bout 90% of the medics do Chemistry,Biology and Maths,whereas the other 10% do a non-science subject!
And yet,they all get into med school!:rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending