The Student Room Group

Liverpool Medicine MBChB A100 Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by planetconwy1
Yes.
So this year it becomes harder to get an interview.
But once you have had one you are far more likely to get an Offer, tbh the vast majority of interviewees get offers :smile:

Original post by gloriousballs
I heard they had cut the number of places by around 100 so the overall ratio of interviews/offers remained around the same? Ah well it really doesn't make a difference when it boils down to your performance on the day!

Nice to know tho :smile:

Hmm, I like planetconwys statement! But seems like some slightly conflicting rumours going round. I'll ring up tommorow and have an ask, I must know!

Either way, im preparing super hard for the interview ive got. Its deffinetly my top choice, I mean we have the oppurtunity to go abroad twice! and do an intercalated degree! Living the damn dream!
Original post by planetconwy1
Yes.
So this year it becomes harder to get an interview.
But once you have had one you are far more likely to get an Offer, tbh the vast majority of interviewees get offers :smile:

Does that apply to international applicants as well?
Original post by malika774
Does that apply to international applicants as well?

No. The competition for the 24 (i think) international places is extremely high. Expect the ratios to be far lower.
Reply 1643
Original post by Julian_valensi
Hmm, I like planetconwys statement! But seems like some slightly conflicting rumours going round. I'll ring up tommorow and have an ask, I must know!

Either way, im preparing super hard for the interview ive got. Its deffinetly my top choice, I mean we have the oppurtunity to go abroad twice! and do an intercalated degree! Living the damn dream!

If you do call them tomorrow, please let us know what they say!! :smile:
also good luck at your interview!
Well guys I've just rung up admission and they say they looking to interview around 1000 candidates, and arn't even sure about how many offers will be given out.

I may have been overly optimistic too soon.
Arghhh not too long before we find out their decision!! :O
Reply 1646
Original post by xgoldenx
Arghhh not too long before we find out their decision!! :O

just a month or so lol

They are interviewing 1000 people? Holy crap that actually scares me a lot...:O
Original post by .eXe
just a month or so lol

Its not as scary as some other places though.....this is actually quite a good university for interviews : offer ratio. :smile:
Reply 1648
Original post by Rahmeh.
Oh :frown: ....:console: sorry to hear that! did they give a reason?

Yeah something about ps or gcse's. But Ive got an offer from elsewhere so its not that bad:rolleyes:
Reply 1649
Original post by alia789
Yeah something about ps or gcse's. But Ive got an offer from elsewhere so its not that bad:rolleyes:

Oh right. Oooh that's not too bad then :smile:
Best of luck with everything
Original post by .eXe
just a month or so lol

Apparently so, I was hoping it would be a lot less (around 800) :rolleyes: Do you have any idea when the latest interview is so far?
Reply 1651
Original post by xgoldenx
Apparently so, I was hoping it would be a lot less (around 800) :rolleyes: Do you have any idea when the latest interview is so far?

Yeah 1000 is just crazy. No idea of the last date however, I am pretty 100% confident that all the international interviews are completed and the only ones that should remain still are home students. If Liverpool really wants to get back to us by mid to end march, then their interview cycle must be nearing completion.

My guess would be early March for interviews to be done.
does anyone know when they give out offers cause I had my interview in November so been waiting quite a long time lol!
Reply 1653
Original post by luke63000
does anyone know when they give out offers cause I had my interview in November so been waiting quite a long time lol!

all offers go out mid to end march. doesn't matter when your interview was. good luck
Original post by .eXe
Yeah 1000 is just crazy. No idea of the last date however, I am pretty 100% confident that all the international interviews are completed and the only ones that should remain still are home students. If Liverpool really wants to get back to us by mid to end march, then their interview cycle must be nearing completion.

My guess would be early March for interviews to be done.

Oh right, ahh not that far away then, the latest interview I know of is 9th March :O So, we may found out a bit earlier than mid march!
Had an interview a few days ago and they said end of March.
edit : people are clearly stupid and don't know what a joke is.
(edited 12 years ago)
Wish they'd hurry up...I've almost forgotten I had an interview with them (N)
thumbs-downed sadface
This willl be the longest month of my life!
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending