The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LowRider
Least of the problems :confused: tell me more. How do you know all this. It's not shelterd just never been involved in that kinda stuff and most my mates are good boys :wink: I don't even know what goes on in those circles maybe it's because I didn't grow up somewhere where there are loads and loads of asians.

How WOULDN'T you know? :confused:
My area’s very deprived, so the majority of people resort to deviance.
The amount of frends i’ve left due to drugs :sigh: ..they’ve fuked up big time.
You should be glad you don’t have to deal with these kinds of people, cos you try changing them..but they just end up lying to you and stuff..:/

oohhhhhhhhhhhh no wonder!! u live in a cocunut area..pfft shuda told me earlier inneh!
please dont tell me your those bludy rich pakiz :afraid:

Original post by Iqbal007
No you cant, otherwise u wouldn't b Muslim, plus ur family will send u off to some place cough cough to make u straight :s-smilie:
yeah, but then again its my birthday today so i got to stay positive :smile:
i'm not being stubborn, i no how it works, but like thats far enough, i dnt want advice on pleasing my wife :s-smilie:
u'll be sleeping in his house and bed though....so like u'll b on the floor :tongue:

come on now Dhakai definitely does, its sounds so fast, etc sylheti is proper laid back... no there not, my mates Dhakai friend says we keep all the money to our selves :s-smilie:

ur not soft enough, we are going all the way :smile:......ur gonna soft to me and tuff to everyone else :P
win you? no thanks......boxing is really tough physically and mentally, dont want u to get hurt :redface:...
weddings, family events, etc

no u dont, ur on the same wavelength as me :colone:

OOOOOOhhhhhhh its your birthday!!! :party2: Happy birthday babez! :hugs:
I’ll be nice to you...but only cos its yo birthday. :nothing:
Haappppy birthday too you....squash tomato and stew...put bread and butter in the gutter...haaappyy birthday to you! :woo: :congrats:

Are you sure you don’t need to sit down and have a talk with your agony aunt? :wink2:
I’m stubborn..and probs will end up sleeping on the floor hahah :tongue:

Erm syleti’s fast as well! We sound like Chinese,trust me..these syleti parents be on sum sort of speed yo..
Wat ‘money’?

Only for today yo, since its ur birthday and that, i’ll allow it cos we need to balle balle :bhangra:
More like you don’t want me to hurt you :wink: yerr but need to let sum steam off, all i need to do is punch that thing that you’ll be holding, and you have to keep it still. That ain’t that bad!
Nahh even in weddings and family events you can’t luk nice, and hav to ‘hide ur beauty’...

Gamma/beta/alpha wavelength which one?

Original post by zerm
lawl! ODC... All the way blad. (Original Desi Connection)

Yerr i know all of you lot were from there, read some of the convo's there..sick XD
..but that died ageess back. Everyones racist towards each ova now :yep:, no one likes chappatis and turbans anymore and they don't like us, true story :sad:
You made a new acc to hide your oldy age...khodu is the only one who'se proud of her dinosaur age! :awesome:

we're on guys

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1943878
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by DontJudge
How WOULDN'T you know? :confused:
My area’s very deprived, so the majority of people resort to deviance.
The amount of frends i’ve left due to drugs :sigh: ..they’ve fuked up big time.
You should be glad you don’t have to deal with these kinds of people, cos you try changing them..but they just end up lying to you and stuff..:/

oohhhhhhhhhhhh no wonder!! u live in a cocunut area..pfft shuda told me earlier inneh!
please dont tell me your those bludy rich pakiz :afraid:

Haappppy birthday too you....squash tomato and stew...put bread and butter in the gutter...haaappyy birthday to you! :woo: :congrats:

Are you sure you don’t need to sit down and have a talk with your agony aunt? :wink2:

Erm syleti’s fast as well! We sound like Chinese,trust me..these syleti parents be on sum sort of speed yo..
Wat ‘money’?

Only for today yo, since its ur birthday and that, i’ll allow it cos we need to balle balle :bhangra:
More like you don’t want me to hurt you :wink: yerr but need to let sum steam off, all i need to do is punch that thing that you’ll be holding, and you have to keep it still. That ain’t that bad!
Nahh even in weddings and family events you can’t luk nice, and hav to ‘hide ur beauty’...

Yerr i know all of you lot were from there, read some of the convo's there..sick XD
..but that died ageess back. Everyones racist towards each ova now :yep:, no one likes chappatis and turbans anymore and they don't like us, true story :sad:
You made a new acc to hide your oldy age...khodu is the only one who'se proud of her dinosaur age! :awesome:

:frown: that sounds bad. We're not rich my dads worked in here for years in a typical asian job trying to make something for his family he's worked himself up but we're not super rich. He decided it was better for us and them to move to a nice area as all parents want to do so I went to school in a white area.

Most my friends were from mosque so I guess I was never exposed to that side and at uni I tend to chill with like mind people not those who go clubbing etc.

But surely those who take drugs, go drinkings do shaytaani things with girls are coconuts.

Wat ‘money’?

Thanks, but i dont do hugs with girls sorry :redface:
ur going kinda of hyper u no :s-smilie:

so ur an agony aunt now :s-smilie: but arent they old
yh or left at the wedding hall looooool jk

i've never noticed to be honest, i always saw Dhakai as faster...
u no the expatriates r mainly Syhleti and we send money back, he wants some -_-

i tink u need to sit down and like chill, cos im in uni doing work on my bday -_-
u mean the soft sponge thing.....u said u were petite before..so that would mean u cudnt hurt me :smile: Boxing means loads of physically body work, like loads....
Well Weddings are supposed to be segregated, so you can, like in Afghanistan girls were low cut tops, etc :s-smilie:

Name your wavelength and thats the one im on :biggrin:
Original post by Khodu
lol, ishtop sign! "Oh cheleh ta koob ghorom" I remember girls used to do that during school times... :biggrin:

Oh we shall see, I don't see no issue with people from back home in terms of them and us, we're equal; we were both made from mud and clay and we'll rest in mud and clay one day. I agree with you about communication though, that's obviously a big factor to marriage.
Wow you're thinking about kids already! :smile: I haven't thought that far yet lol. I have probably a year or so, then hitch time lol. Well my sis will iA get married this Summer and then sorry old me. :cool: What about you?

My bengali sucks, albeit I've improved a lot over the past year or so, but still find it difficult to express much in Bengali, it's the language barrier and the cultural difference which is something a Bengali in the UK has to think about if marrying abroad....however marrying a bengali from abroad won't be a problem for any bengali in the UK who can speak the language decently. Linguistics aren't my strong point.

I have a long time to go before I get married, I'm only in sixth form, I'll probably get married not long after I graduate from university. When Asian families of the man and the woman meet up before the marriage is decided, it's a cross between a job interview and a curious tax man, "Age? Qualifications? Profession? Income? Property?", and that's probably why arranged marriages have a far lower divorce rate than marriages which aren't.
Reply 7464
Original post by Politricks
My bengali sucks, albeit I've improved a lot over the past year or so, but still find it difficult to express much in Bengali, it's the language barrier and the cultural difference which is something a Bengali in the UK has to think about if marrying abroad....however marrying a bengali from abroad won't be a problem for any bengali in the UK who can speak the language decently. Linguistics aren't my strong point.

I have a long time to go before I get married, I'm only in sixth form, I'll probably get married not long after I graduate from university. When Asian families of the man and the woman meet up before the marriage is decided, it's a cross between a job interview and a curious tax man, "Age? Qualifications? Profession? Income? Property?", and that's probably why arranged marriages have a far lower divorce rate than marriages which aren't.

Aww, what part of Bd are you from? Don't worry, just try and speak it to your parents. You don't want to lose the language for the next generation. :tongue:

You've got 10 years! LOL jk, don't sweat... well maximum anyway. I had marriage proposal people round today for my sister, just the grooms mum, unofficial. It's a marriage CV, has the groom's name, dob, location, height, education, employment, family background (where in bd and sibling info) then two pics lol, one standing and one sitting. (strictly no graduation pics) lol... you're talking to a pro here. Many weddings recently and my mum hooks people up too lol.... But you're defo right, arranged or strictly formal ftw. :colone:
Ya maboodh, don’t call me cute…you’re killin my bad girl rep…

Nahh I wasn’t scared…pfft…manz is strong trust! :dumbells:

Ohh my god lool, ma bro did that..he’s like ‘its gone its gone’ and u take a peek..and its still there! :eek:

Lool the ring is kinda funny…with the way their mouth is…but everytime I used to go bath..i used to think about the girl in there..and I used to luk behind me ..just incase any1 as there!! :redface: how sad am i!

Yer he so gay in one tree hill.
I know..this guy has no shorom the ferothi, don’t worry next time I’ll get some with clothes on! :yep:

Spoiler

LOL! Ya mahboodh haha, ya reh bhai! How did you that video picture thing, ami hika lagboh! Itha killa koron?

Omg, the bath thing is soooooooooooooooo bad! Damn shower curtains are just adding scary thoughts to my mind!

Spoiler

Original post by M.R.
did you make the music or something?

The video and edittd instrumental... :cool:
Reply 7465
Original post by zerm
lawl khodu... you still post here?!

lol khe?! Not you again Mr Roboto?! :tongue:
Original post by Khodu
Aww, what part of Bd are you from? Don't worry, just try and speak it to your parents. You don't want to lose the language for the next generation. :tongue:

You've got 10 years! LOL jk, don't sweat... well maximum anyway. I had marriage proposal people round today for my sister, just the grooms mum, unofficial. It's a marriage CV, has the groom's name, dob, location, height, education, employment, family background (where in bd and sibling info) then two pics lol, one standing and one sitting. (strictly no graduation pics) lol... you're talking to a pro here. Many weddings recently and my mum hooks people up too lol.... But you're defo right, arranged or strictly formal ftw. :colone:

I try, still making progress, slowly :tongue: My parents originate from Dhaka, and they were originally from the Barisal district. What about you? I assume you're from Sylhet? Most of the Bengalis I see in England are Sylheti, I can't speak Bengali with them because Sylheti is slightly different.

When I went to Bangladesh last year, my uncle was getting married, and one girl's family sent a marriage CV by e-mail, when I looked at it, I said to everyone, "it looks like a job application, except it's for marriage", then I laughed because I found it weird at the time, and expected everybody else to find it funny, but everybody else around me was looking at me with a blank face, and that was a bit awkward, that's when I realised this is actually a norm. I knew about Asian parents asking about qualifications and so on... but I didn't know they actually wrote marriage CVs until then. In the CV it talked about the qualifications of the girl's brothers, sisters and parents as if they were going to get married to my uncle too :lol:
Reply 7467
Original post by Khodu

LOL! Ya mahboodh haha, ya reh bhai! How did you that video picture thing, ami hika lagboh! Itha killa koron?

Omg, the bath thing is soooooooooooooooo bad! Damn shower curtains are just adding scary thoughts to my mind!

Spoiler

The video and edittd instrumental... :cool:

oh the video is pretty boring tbh i like the music :music:
Reply 7468
Haha, that’s the border of Dhaka isn’t it? And you speak dakhai..or is it slightly different...?

I only think about people who are important to me. :yep:
Oh gosh, no Iqbaal i’m in control of my own dreams. :hand:
I told you i’m experienced, do i need to give you the talk tho?

I’m not ....just telling the truth. Syleti’s can be more funnier because of the way the language is.

Wat u talkin bout man, am from the north inneh, so London accents bare different to ours, but the east London street accent is the don!
THATS NONE OF YOUR DAMN BUSINESS!

That’s the current state it is at now. :nothing:

:eek: wtff...i thought u were a girl alll this time...why did u decieve me man... :cry2:
Put your gender up inneh! :hmmm:
nah psychology aint for girls, thats just sexist...
well not really the brain lateralisation suggests the majority of females have the right side of the brain more active, which is more psychology related.

Yer i know but during your replies you should like get on with some work inneh, thats what they do.
trust me he likes fish deep down inside, ask him 'do you like futki, i've tasted it once proper sweet' trust :wink:

ohh sick northerner :five: put it there bro, manz is from a similar place!

Omg same with the leg thing,,, ma other sis kept scaring me saying don’t stik ur leg out.....
The wrost was wen that thing grabbed her and dragged her from the floor to the stairs..:afraid:
Or wen she just stands...thats soo creepy....

I wanted a happy ending :redface:

But its kind aaddictive..i wnna watch 2 and 3 now.. ahah.

c

nah quite further to dhaka, in the southern part of the country, we have our own BPL team :mmm:. they have a different dialect than dhakais that's for sure

Your mangi husbands gonna have hundred warts near his belly button :puke:, which will make you appreciate Trey’s belly button :sadnod:.
Why we talking about belly buttons? :confused:

This is the only white guy I find good looking tbh.

It’s all about the swag :coma:

Hiya :smile:

Hmm...he's alright but I'm not attracted to white guys tbh. And no he wont, I'll be sure to check before I get married :tongue:
Original post by LowRider
:frown: that sounds bad. We're not rich my dads worked in here for years in a typical asian job trying to make something for his family he's worked himself up but we're not super rich. He decided it was better for us and them to move to a nice area as all parents want to do so I went to school in a white area.

Most my friends were from mosque so I guess I was never exposed to that side and at uni I tend to chill with like mind people not those who go clubbing etc.

But surely those who take drugs, go drinkings do shaytaani things with girls are coconuts.

Masha’allah brother.
Around what age were you when you moved to this area?

The topi boys are the worst here! Cos they 'pretend' to be good, when really they be shaggin girls more time than they read their namaz. (sorry if that's too explicit for you) :redface:

In university it's a dating agency, so i hear, and the library is like their very own shaadi.com.

True, but they see themselves are 'proper asians man'

Original post by Iqbal007
Thanks, but i dont do hugs with girls sorry :redface:
ur going kinda of hyper u no :s-smilie:

so ur an agony aunt now :s-smilie: but arent they old
yh or left at the wedding hall looooool jk

i've never noticed to be honest, i always saw Dhakai as faster...
u no the expatriates r mainly Syhleti and we send money back, he wants some -_-

i tink u need to sit down and like chill, cos im in uni doing work on my bday -_-
u mean the soft sponge thing.....u said u were petite before..so that would mean u cudnt hurt me :smile: Boxing means loads of physically body work, like loads....
Well Weddings are supposed to be segregated, so you can, like in Afghanistan girls were low cut tops, etc :s-smilie:

Name your wavelength and thats the one im on :biggrin:

Oh trust me, you would wanna hug me, haram or halal!
Shame you didn’t make the most of it. I’m back to my normal mode now.

Oh dear, agony aunt is someone you tell all your problems to and ask for advice.:rolleyes:

I’ll be honest there's probably like 1 Dakhai family up here.
That’s because we need to give money to back home, because Syleti’s tend to be living in poorer conditions that Dakhais.

Standard asian way of partying.
Well the best fighters are the smallest ones, because we’re quick on our feet.
Ohh yeh lol the arabs are next level, slag one minute and hijabi the other.
Wait..hang on a second so you’re saying your idea of ‘beauty’ is wearing low cut tops :lolwut: Achaa..i see, so that's the real reason you like Arab girls :wink:

I like this wavelength :troll:

Original post by Khodu

Spoiler

Have you watched any of the Saw horror movies, they're alright..

Spoiler

Although he's not clean and sheen there :nothing:
He's rough and tough :drool:

This guy will explain it fow yaa, he's the techy of the thread.
Original post by zxh800
xx

Oii you, please may you explain how to get those animated images to Khodu, Cos you explain it better than me :wink:

Thanks xx

Original post by M.R.
nah quite further to dhaka, in the southern part of the country, we have our own BPL team :mmm:. they have a different dialect than dhakais that's for sure

What your BPL team called? Omg the Dakhai's won BPL :bawling: and the syleti team only won two games, then we got kicked out....:cry2:

How do you think the Dakhai and Syleti language differs?

Original post by Ayesha1234
Hiya :smile:

Hmm...he's alright but I'm not attracted to white guys tbh. And no he wont, I'll be sure to check before I get married :tongue:

Hey :tongue:
Yeh i know it's all about the khala guys trust :yep:. Channing tatum is a bit too clean shaven there for my likings.

Lol yeah just make sure you say in front of the in laws to your going-to-be-husband, 'may i request to see your belly button?', and they'll just be like 'ni88a wot!' :lolwut:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7471
Masha’allah brother.
Around what age were you when you moved to this area?

The topi boys are the worst here! Cos they 'pretend' to be good, when really they be shaggin girls more time than they read their namaz. (sorry if that's too explicit for you) :redface:

In university it's a dating agency, so i hear, and the library is like their very own shaadi.com.

True, but they see themselves are 'proper asians man'

Oh trust me, you would wanna hug me, haram or halal!
Shame you didn’t make the most of it. I’m back to my normal mode now.

Oh dear, agony aunt is someone you tell all your problems to and ask for advice.:rolleyes:

I’ll be honest there's probably like 1 Dakhai family up here.
That’s because we need to give money to back home, because Syleti’s tend to be living in poorer conditions that Dakhais.

Standard asian way of partying.
Well the best fighters are the smallest ones, because we’re quick on our feet.
Ohh yeh lol the arabs are next level, slag one minute and hijabi the other.
Wait..hang on a second so you’re saying your idea of ‘beauty’ is wearing low cut tops :lolwut: Achaa..i see, so that's the real reason you like Arab girls :wink:

I like this wavelength :troll:

Spoiler

This guy will explain it fow yaa, he's the techy of the thread.

Oii you, please may you explain how to get those animated images to Khodu, Cos you explain it better than me :wink:

Thanks xx

What your BPL team called? Omg the Dakhai's won BPL :bawling: and the syleti team only won two games, then we got kicked out....:cry2:

How do you think the Dakhai and Syleti language differs?

Yeh i know it's all about the khala guys trust :yep:. Channing tatum is a bit too clean shaven there for my likings.

Lol yeah just make sure you say in front of the in laws to your going-to-be-husband, 'may i request to see your belly button?', and they'll just be like 'ni88a wot!' :lolwut:

chittagong kings, i'll have you know that the owner of the team is my relative :proud:, i don't know sylheti sound wayy different than the usual bangla/dhaka dialect, and chittagong dialect apparently has some east asian words lol. why do you keep talking about sylheti vs dhakai
Reply 7472
Original post by Khodu
LOL! Ya mahboodh haha, ya reh bhai! How did you that video picture thing?

:wavey:

Put into google the type of image you want and then add the word "gif" at the end. For example, if I wanted a moving image of someone clapping I would search "clap gif" and then look on google images. Once you find the image you want, click on it and then right click on the image and on Chrome it gives me the option to copy url. You then use the url on TSR. I remember on firefox that you can right click on the image and click "view image" which will then take you to a page with just the image. From there you can copy the url from the address bar.

And a second example (basically an excuse to pull out a certain gif) would be searching "Nicolas Cage laugh gif" if I wanted an image of Nicolas Cage laughing... like below:

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7473
Original post by zxh800
:wavey:

Put into google the type of image you want and then add the word "gif" at the end. For example, if I wanted a moving image of someone clapping I would search "clap gif" and then look on google images. Once you find the image you want, click on it and then right click on the image and on Chrome it gives me the option to copy url. You then use the url on TSR. I remember on firefox that you can right click on the image and click "view image" which will then take you to a page with just the image. From there you can copy the url from the address bar.

And a second example (basically an excuse to pull out a certain gif) would be searching "Nicolas Cage laugh gif" if I wanted an image of Nicolas Cage laughing... like below:

:eek: wow mA, I feel so old now... When I'm not high on Carrot Halwa I will defo try this out...

Spoiler

I don't do scary films man, I thought you would've clocked on by now! :redface:

and erm...

Spoiler

Original post by M.R.
oh the video is pretty boring tbh i like the music :music:

I worked hard on that video! lol not really, but still .. :hmpf:

I try, still making progress, slowly :tongue: My parents originate from Dhaka, and they were originally from the Barisal district. What about you? I assume you're from Sylhet? Most of the Bengalis I see in England are Sylheti, I can't speak Bengali with them because Sylheti is slightly different.

When I went to Bangladesh last year, my uncle was getting married, and one girl's family sent a marriage CV by e-mail, when I looked at it, I said to everyone, "it looks like a job application, except it's for marriage", then I laughed because I found it weird at the time, and expected everybody else to find it funny, but everybody else around me was looking at me with a blank face, and that was a bit awkward, that's when I realised this is actually a norm. I knew about Asian parents asking about qualifications and so on... but I didn't know they actually wrote marriage CVs until then. In the CV it talked about the qualifications of the girl's brothers, sisters and parents as if they were going to get married to my uncle too :lol:

Oh shucks, noone told your uncle... he got married to them too! lol, good you found out now! CVs are the new ting, well as well as singlemuslim.com lol... but that's another story!

Well I'm Sylheti but my dad made us all learn how to read, write and speak Shudo basha lol. Barisal district... I think I met someone recently who was originally from there in some networking event. Do you understand Sylheti?
Reply 7474
Original post by zxh800

yayyyyy I learnt it... lol thanks. :biggrin: How's it going anyway? Haven't spoken to you in ages.

Haha, not even khala guys...has to be a Bangali :h:

Lol yeah that's creepy, but that belly button was huge, I'm sure it'd stick out through a sweater. If I see a bump then I'll know to say no :smile:
Original post by Khodu

I worked hard on that video! lol not really, but still .. :hmpf:

Oh shucks, noone told your uncle... he got married to them too! lol, good you found out now! CVs are the new ting, well as well as singlemuslim.com lol... but that's another story!

Well I'm Sylheti but my dad made us all learn how to read, write and speak Shudo basha lol. Barisal district... I think I met someone recently who was originally from there in some networking event. Do you understand Sylheti?

Congratulations, you're the 8000th poster on this thread, click here to claim your prize!

There are some Sylheti sentences which I understand, and others which I don't. I don't know how much sylheti somebody fluent in shudo basha can understand, how much shudo basha would a Sylheti person understand?

Oh my God....singlemuslim.com lol, that website and their cheesy adverts are taking over the internet!

Have you ever been to Dhaka when you went to Bangladesh? There's a huge shopping mall over there, It's 7 or 8 stories high, and the mall looks amazing, Bangladesh has really progressed in such a small amount of time, but there's still a lot more which needs to be done.
Bengali girls find Pakistani guys hottest because we're fitter, taller and have better facial features. It's the harsh reality. Many Bengali girls i've dated have told me this.
Bengali guys are better looking than Indians for sure. I know no Pakistani or Bengali girl who would ever date an Indian guy not just because of religion but because they're not seen objectively as attractive as us. They might date white guys but not asians especially indians. Pakistanis are not the same as Indians and Bengalis. We are taller and stronger, more charming and have better dress sense on average. I know it's harsh but it's the truth. We are taller, better built and have better complexion. I have dated many Indian, Bengali and White women and asked them what they think and they echo my sentiments.
Reply 7478
Congratulations, you're the 8000th poster on this thread, click here to claim your prize!

There are some Sylheti sentences which I understand, and others which I don't. I don't know how much sylheti somebody fluent in shudo basha can understand, how much shudo basha would a Sylheti person understand?

Oh my God....singlemuslim.com lol, that website and their cheesy adverts are taking over the internet!

Have you ever been to Dhaka when you went to Bangladesh? There's a huge shopping mall over there, It's 7 or 8 stories high, and the mall looks amazing, Bangladesh has really progressed in such a small amount of time, but there's still a lot more which needs to be done.

Oh man :facepalm: I got so happy, thinking I won a prize. :biggrin: Thank you, :woo: :smile:

Erm, I think I understand most shudo but would definitely struggle with some sentences lol. So probably the same vice versa?
LOL..............................That's all I will say about that website, however I have some family members who have met through that and are aH very happy lol. :tongue:

Whenever my family or me are there, we normally stay 50 50 Dhaka and Sylhet. New Arambag, ring any bells lol? I'm always skyping my Nana and Mamas there... I had so much fun in Dhaka last time I went, (yikes around 4 years ago!) I bought so many text books too lol.
Reply 7479
Original post by shoaib2012
Bengali girls find Pakistani guys hottest because we're fitter, taller and have better facial features. It's the harsh reality. Many Bengali girls i've dated have told me this.
Bengali guys are better looking than Indians for sure. I know no Pakistani or Bengali girl who would ever date an Indian guy not just because of religion but because they're not seen objectively as attractive as us. They might date white guys but not asians especially indians. Pakistanis are not the same as Indians and Bengalis. We are taller and stronger, more charming and have better dress sense on average. I know it's harsh but it's the truth. We are taller, better built and have better complexion. I have dated many Indian, Bengali and White women and asked them what they think and they echo my sentiments.

Run before I throw my Roti Hutki at you. :colone:

Latest