The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Glasgow Accomodation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
Well, I don't like partying every single night, so the social life wouldn't be a problem for me, I guess :smile:

But I don't want to live in a twin room, even if it's cheaper. I didn't start my application for accommodation yet, so I don't know how it works exactly. Let's say that I have put SA single room in first place and Cairncross House single room in second place. If they can't offer me a single room in SA will they offer me a twin room in SA or a single room in Cairncross House? I hope, I've explained myself clear enough that somenone could give me an answer ;D
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 1181
Original post by egliuxe
Well, I don't like partying every single night, so the social life wouldn't be a problem for me, I guess :smile:

But I don't want to live in a twin room, even if it's cheaper. I didn't start my application for accommodation yet, so I don't know how it works exactly. Let's say that I have put SA single room in first place and Cairncross House single room in second place. If they can't offer me a single room in SA will they offer me a twin room in SA or a single room in Cairncross House? I hope, I've explained myself clear enough that somenone could give me an answer ;D

Probably a single room in Cairncross, since that is your next preference, unless they can't give you that either.

They won't bung you in something you don't want unless they have to. I mean, they're not going to assume anything, if that makes any sense.
Reply 1182
Thank you for your answer :smile:
Original post by Annie-Bananie
i've already applied for Murano large flats so if you need a party person as your neighbour you can easily write in additional information that you would like to be my neighbour :smile: i just remember you wrote earlier that you don't wanna live with non-sociable students :biggrin: anyways, I'm sure we all will have a great time in Murano

I'm still waiting on another uni choice before i can firm glasgow and apply for halls! So impatient..

Haha yes you can be party friend for definite :smile: What course are you doing? I'm doing human biology!
Original post by Niamh Mc D
I'm still waiting on another uni choice before i can firm glasgow and apply for halls! So impatient..

Haha yes you can be party friend for definite :smile: What course are you doing? I'm doing human biology!

which uni are you waiting for? best of luck :biggrin:

human biology? woow i'm impressed! Doing biology as a part of my IB diploma now and it seems so damn hard :biggrin:

I'm doing Business Management with German language. Can't wait til September! :biggrin:
Hey everyone :smile: I'm hopefully going to be living in Murano Street next year (soo excited!). I was wondering if it really is on a "massive" hill, as I want to get a bike for uni. Does anyone know if its common for students living in Murano (and Glasgow Uni in general) to have bikes, or do they mostly walk?
Thanks!
Original post by AlaskaMcCann
Hey everyone :smile: I'm hopefully going to be living in Murano Street next year (soo excited!). I was wondering if it really is on a "massive" hill, as I want to get a bike for uni. Does anyone know if its common for students living in Murano (and Glasgow Uni in general) to have bikes, or do they mostly walk?
Thanks!

when I talked to somebody who works in Murano office ( I had a few questions , so I called them about a week ago) , I was told that students mostly walk but many of them have bikes anyways. I was thinking of buying one as well, but I'm not sure how expensive they are in Glasgow. :smile:
when I talked to somebody who works in Murano office ( I had a few questions , so I called them about a week ago) , I was told that students mostly walk but many of them have bikes anyways. I was thinking of buying one as well, but I'm not sure how expensive they are in Glasgow. :smile:

Thanks! :smile: I'll probably get one then. It's just that Murano isn't that close to the Uni, so I'd rather have some sort of mode of transportation to get me there quicker haha (I heard the buses aren't too reliable).
I read somewhere that there are a few good second hand bike shops in Glasgow where you can get them for cheapish, so I will probably do that.
Original post by AlaskaMcCann
Thanks! :smile: I'll probably get one then. It's just that Murano isn't that close to the Uni, so I'd rather have some sort of mode of transportation to get me there quicker haha (I heard the buses aren't too reliable).
I read somewhere that there are a few good second hand bike shops in Glasgow where you can get them for cheapish, so I will probably do that.

I actually like walking, but when it is raining... noo :biggrin:
Sounds good, I guess I will try to find one as well once I move to Glasgow :biggrin:
There is a free mini bus going from Murano to the university main building as well, but is very small, so I'm pretty sure it is hard to find a free seat :smile:
which uni are you waiting for? best of luck :biggrin:

human biology? woow i'm impressed! Doing biology as a part of my IB diploma now and it seems so damn hard :biggrin:

I'm doing Business Management with German language. Can't wait til September! :biggrin:

I'm waiting to hear from uni of strathclyde! thanks!

It is a bit difficult but it's so interesting as well!

Aww really, I do german for A-level, was thinking about doing it but i really wanted to go to uni of glasgow and they didnt do german with human bio! :frown:

where are you from?
I'm waiting to hear from uni of strathclyde! thanks!

It is a bit difficult but it's so interesting as well!

Aww really, I do german for A-level, was thinking about doing it but i really wanted to go to uni of glasgow and they didnt do german with human bio! :frown:

where are you from?

but you're firming Glasgow no matter what Strathclyde will say, right? :biggrin:

May be you can take German as your outside course , if it is alright with the timetable. :smile:
Ooh I wish I were as interested in bio as you! Barely passed my last Biology Higher Level test :frown:

well, it's a bit confusing.. I was born in the US, but I've never lived there. My parents are both Russians but they live in Latvia. Two years ago I moved from Latvia to Denmark to study IB program :biggrin:
I can see that you're from Ireland. I actually have sooo many friends in Dublin, don't even know why :biggrin: but it's really cool!
Reply 1191
Wow :biggrin: I feel so boring to be true Lithuanian without any other cultures in my family tree ;D
Original post by egliuxe
Wow :biggrin: I feel so boring to be true Lithuanian without any other cultures in my family tree ;D

you know, every time somebody asks me where I come from I have no idea what to say :frown: It's way too confusing!
but you are basically my Lithuanian neighbour! And I loove Lithuania, I've been there so many times ( I've lived in Riga for 16 years :wink: )
Reply 1193
Well, my fellow neighbour, according to the country in which you lived the most years, you can say that you are Latvian :wink:
I love Latvia too, but sadly didn't have the opportunity to visit it. I have been only in the seaside as far as I could walk from Sventoji (in Lithuania), so its only a few kilometres of Latvian seaside ;D

Oh, but we are talking off topic here, probably it's not right :/
Reply 1194
It's nice to know there'll be other Lithuanians (and some people who at least know where Lithuania is :biggrin:)!
but you're firming Glasgow no matter what Strathclyde will say, right? :biggrin:

May be you can take German as your outside course , if it is alright with the timetable. :smile:
Ooh I wish I were as interested in bio as you! Barely passed my last Biology Higher Level test :frown:

well, it's a bit confusing.. I was born in the US, but I've never lived there. My parents are both Russians but they live in Latvia. Two years ago I moved from Latvia to Denmark to study IB program :biggrin:
I can see that you're from Ireland. I actually have sooo many friends in Dublin, don't even know why :biggrin: but it's really cool!

Yep firming Glasgow! And then i think i will have Strathclyde as my insurance choice :smile:

I know i was thinking about that, i'll have to find out when i get there!

Haha cool! So what language do you use everday?

Yes i'm Irish :smile: Dublin is a lovely place!!

Do you have facebook?
Yep firming Glasgow! And then i think i will have Strathclyde as my insurance choice :smile:

I know i was thinking about that, i'll have to find out when i get there!

Haha cool! So what language do you use everday?

Yes i'm Irish :smile: Dublin is a lovely place!!

Do you have facebook?

awesome, I hope we both will get our grades and see each other there :biggrin:
everyday.. well, if I'm talking to my family, then it's Russian. But when I am with my friends or at school, then I speak English :biggrin:
I most certainly do! I will send you a private message in a second
right i know murano street is in maryhill which is not somewhere i would choose to go and live ordinarily but does anyone know if the area's reputation has improved at all or is it still dodgy to live in :s
Reply 1198
Well, it's unlikely that you'll get stabbed 4DALULZ, if that's your concern.

Also, to my understanding, Murano isn't actually in Maryhill. Although, you would find yourself passing through it. Having said that, you'd be one of 1170 students doing so.

And, meh, I live in an area which has a reputation akin to Maryhill's.

Nothing ever actually happens.
Original post by Tara I
Well, it's unlikely that you'll get stabbed 4DALULZ, if that's your concern.

Also, to my understanding, Murano isn't actually in Maryhill. Although, you would find yourself passing through it. Having said that, you'd be one of 1170 students doing so.

And, meh, I live in an area which has a reputation akin to Maryhill's.

Nothing ever actually happens.

Thanks, i have heard similar to what you've said before, but just want to be sure before putting it down as a choice...coming from falkirk i'm used to dodgy areas but still not keen to be 'vulnerable' so to speak :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending