The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

convinced I will never hear back, anyone else here applying for history with comparative literature?
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Hi all.

Can someone please give me a link for the bursaries/grants/scholarships application form for 2012/2013 entry? I can't find it anywhere on the website and the deadline is tomorrow!!

Thanks a lot!
Reply 1962
I applied for Internet Computer Science... I still haven't received an answer.... I hope they will give me one soon..until I can still apply for accommodation and find a place where I want...
After thinking St Andrews had forgotten about me, I have just received an offer for Social Anthropology!
Happy days :smile:
Reply 1964
Congrats!
Original post by 007dunlop
Hi all.

Can someone please give me a link for the bursaries/grants/scholarships application form for 2012/2013 entry? I can't find it anywhere on the website and the deadline is tomorrow!!

Thanks a lot!

Here you go. Links to application forms are on the relevant pages.
Original post by Ecosse_14
Here you go. Links to application forms are on the relevant pages.

Thank you!
Received two rejections this afternoon, after nearly 6 months of hoping and dreaming
Extremelyyy disappointed, but, Durham it is :smile:
Good luck to everyone else! :smile:
Reply 1968
Offer for biology! At last! My final offer! Yay! But I've realised, there's this big empty space that comes from not having to stalk this thread any more...

I'm so happy! All my hard work has actually paid off :')
(edited 12 years ago)
Unconditional for Russian! I can't actually believe it? :eek:
Original post by NaomiMadeleine
Received two rejections this afternoon, after nearly 6 months of hoping and dreaming
Extremelyyy disappointed, but, Durham it is :smile:
Good luck to everyone else! :smile:

Thats weird I got rejected by Durham, but got an offer from St Andrews. Just shows you how much of a lottery the admissions process is!
Reply 1971
Still haven't heard anything from Astrophysics, I sent them an email a couple of days ago but they haven't even replied yet. I'm so sure they've just forgotten all about me! :frown:
:tongue: I'm not a patient person, don't you think 5 months of waiting is enough?
Whhhyyyy have they not got back to me yet! Applied for Logic and Phil of Science & Physics. Is there a date they say they'll tell you by? Haven't been able to find anything...
Original post by ThreeCheers
Whhhyyyy have they not got back to me yet! Applied for Logic and Phil of Science & Physics. Is there a date they say they'll tell you by? Haven't been able to find anything...

SAME!!! I am getting so frustrated!!!!!!!!
Reply 1974
Original post by maitai
No news whatsoever... Not sure if I should be relieved or even more terrified than before. When did you hear back from them?

Late february, anything yet?
Reply 1975
Original post by perlsh
I'm curious as to why fees were a reason to get rejected?!

Well if you pay less, the university makes less revenue from you. Thus they will prefer to bring in students from the rest of the UK rather than continental EU as they make more revenue from having these students.
Reply 1976
Original post by Feragon
Late february, anything yet?

Nothing! I've heard from all of my other universities. Tempted to just firm my other choice now and forget about St. Andrews.
Grr!
Reply 1977
Original post by Kurokuro
Offer for biology! At last! My final offer! Yay! But I've realised, there's this big empty space that comes from not having to stalk this thread any more...

I'm so happy! All my hard work has actually paid off :')

Well done! I'm waiting on (molecular) biology still. Can I ask what your predicted grades were and what your offer is? And when did you apply? I'm getting so impatient now! and well done again :smile:
Reply 1978
Original post by Feragon
Well if you pay less, the university makes less revenue from you. Thus they will prefer to bring in students from the rest of the UK rather than continental EU as they make more revenue from having these students.

A bit bitter there? Do you think it's worth scaring other applicants? One would think you know how it feels to be waiting anxiously.

Good luck wherever you end up going though. I'm sure you'll like it there better than at a place that is obsessed with money and accepts candidates according to its financial circumstances.
Reply 1979
Original post by Eileen_
Still haven't heard anything from Astrophysics, I sent them an email a couple of days ago but they haven't even replied yet. I'm so sure they've just forgotten all about me! :frown:
:tongue: I'm not a patient person, don't you think 5 months of waiting is enough?

I'm sure they will get back to you soon. We're all about to go on spring vacation so if they've been struggling to reply to emails, they should be able to reply soon.

Out of curiosity, who did you send the email to??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending